Server Update!

Lightsabers:

I know everybody has been waiting a extremely long time for this change. But it is still being worked on however I will be getting the majority of the Sith/Saber wielders on the Dev server this friday to test the current situation with the sabers. If they believe it is at a usable state then it will be added.

Chat:

Moose and Badger have been working together to make chat better this past week. In doing so they have added colours and new features to our chat system. We may add more features in the future.

Changes:

• COMMS are now Green

• You can use ECOMMS if you are a staff member or event character

• /me has been changed to look nicer

• /it is now a usable chat command

Defibulators:

Defibrillators are back and working! All medics will spawn with these and be able to revive fallen allies. When reviving somebody they will respawn with ¼ of their health. They can be healed back to their full health health by the same medic. This has been a long awaited feature and hopefully people will finally see the value in the medics. Protect them with your lives!

PAC3:

We are glad to announce to the community a feature that has been wanted by many players for a long time. PAC 3! In Releasing this we are adding 3 new ranks to the server. These ranks have all got different permissions. The higher the rank you are the more permissions you have.

Ranks:

Tier 1:

• No physics

• No Animations

• No Effects

• No Sounds

Tier 2:

• No physics

• No Animations

• No effects

Tier 3:

• No Restrictions

To obtain these ranks you must first apply for tier 1. Once you believe that you have deemed yourself to use your new powers and permissions wisely and have not broken any rules whilst using your pac permissions you can apply for the next tier. You do not have to be staff to receive pack permissions. Current staff wanting to receive pack permissions must also go through this process. Anybody that is Superadmin + on the server currently will automatically be able to use PAC3.

That’s all for this update, please let me know your thoughts on these new additions to the server. Sorry I haven’t been as active these past couple of days. Been busy with IRL stuff and just wanting a break in general. If you have any questions or issues feel free to contact me on steam or Teamspeak. This update isn't out yet but will be soon.

• Upvote 7
1 hour ago, FrenchyFries said:

Questions @Caboose what are Ecomms for? 

And how does PAC3 work if I need to apply for it? 

Hey Frenchy, 

I'm not Caboose but I can help you out with your question.

/ecomms is Enemy Comms, in chat it looks like this;

(EnemyComms) Hermes Jr.: TEST

with the brackets section being coloured red in chat, this is only able to be used by staff and the Rebel job at this point in time but Moose is going to be adding it to more jobs in the future (eg. Event). This is do differentiate between the Troopers and the enemy allowing it to become blatenly obvious which players are Metagaming.

With Regards to PAC3 I am not that knowledgeable on it or how it works however if you look around there are several forums posts on it that may be able to help.

Regards, Hermes

• Advisor
4 hours ago, Hermes said:

this is only able to be used by staff and the Rebel job at this point in time but Moose is going to be adding it to more jobs in the future (eg. Event).

Staff, the rebel job and the event job can all use it already.

Loving the updates! Keep 'em coming!

Maybe allow MT's to drag dead/unconscious bodies around so they can then RP with the bodies by bringing them back to the medical bay and then eventually defib them?

Cupid, Imperial Royal Guard

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Pandi said:

Doesn't Pac3 have a clientside only setting so people who dont apply can still use it but no one else can see it only them

There's no point in that, and at this moment when you try to open it, nothing happens.

On 8/22/2017 at 7:44 PM, Troy said:

On 8/22/2017 at 8:52 PM, Hermes said:

Hermes

Is it like a trend to have two signatures at the end of your message, it's just so unnecessary

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Hisoka said:

Is it like a trend to have two signatures at the end of your message, it's just so unnecessary

Ive been doing 'Hermes' at the end since the start however i used to do it with my old name when i had it. so yeah ive been doing it since post #1 and i aint stopping anytime soon. As for the others either they like it too or theyre copying/doing the same as me... doesnt hurt anyone

Thanks, Hermes

Just now, Hermes said:

Ive been doing 'Hermes' at the end since the start however i used to do it with my old name when i had it. so yeah ive been doing it since post #1 and i aint stopping anytime soon. As for the others either they like it too or theyre copying/doing the same as me... doesnt hurt anyone

Thanks, Hermes

oh ok

thanks, hisoka

On 25/08/2017 at 11:26 AM, Hisoka said:

I do it because my forum name isn't the name as my ingame and people might not know who I am, I also normally do it on all my posts.

49 minutes ago, Troy said:

I do it because my forum name isn't the name as my ingame and people might not know who I am, I also normally do it on all my posts.

makes sense

• Cody unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Cody locked this topic