Vote for new map - Starwars

Vote for new map  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which map would you like the new default map to be

• A land map (e.g Bases built on land, large areas, more then 1 level)
    • A spaceship map (e.g updating the star destroyer to build onto it with map makers)

Please choose carefully

Hello,

We have decided to hire map makers for a new default map for Imperial gaming star wars RP, now by doing this the management team have been discussing it for a while on what type of map should we do. there are currently two choices:

1. We hire the map makers to create a land map, where it will have more than 1 layers, a large areas, custom facilities, a simple or advanced version of the star destroyer in the atmosphere and lots more. 

2. We hire the map makers to edit the current star destroyer to create more hallways that lead to more facilities for the different regiments, edit the bunks so they are built with the map so they are not made out of props to increase fps,  make the ship inside much bigger so you have more room to do activities and create rp, a better debrief area. 

Please vote in the polls, now even though reason 2 is a longer paragraph, the land map will have all of those as well however its better to tell you exactly what we would change/add to the the star destroyer instead of saying were editing it to have more things as on the land map we would custom create everything from scratch so it would have them as well. When the poll votes are finished we will create a package on the donations tore where you can donate to help fund this project as it will cost us however we are not asking you to donate, only if you want to and please don't donate rediculas amounts e.g $200, 

Please vote seriously on this subject,

Regards

Wolf

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I AM NOT OKAY I AM MAD NOW,  THIS FUCKING Self center SERVER NEVER GIVE A LISTEN , THINK HIS THE MOST POWERFUL , TRIED TO TALK IN PEACE BUT NEVER GIVE A NICE , FUCK THIS Self center server , GOOD BYE

king sbury are u owner of imperial gaming? if not then don't reply I am not here for u

this already is a pathetic imperial gaming

As much as I adore the feeling of having the Star Destroyer go through space, I think having a land portion to the map could potentially open a great many possibilities for role play, passive or active.

What sort of things might we expect to see on the surface?

If I may say, I think having a Land Map with all of the trooper facilities there would be great. But also, the addition of a more condensed SD hovering above the map would be good. This could be used for Navy Personnel for RP purposes and so on.

I think it will be really cool have the layer map. Because there will be a lot more passive RP during events because there will be the star destroyer as well as the stuff on the ground.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Cody said:

I think it will be really cool have the layer map. Because there will be a lot more passive RP during events because there will be the star destroyer as well as the stuff on the ground.

Cody, I love your view for the land default map - This would be a great addition. I am excited for it! 

Andy-Dwyer-Saying-Great-Idea.gif

I would like a land based map with a hovering SD above (a bit like the training centre map but less shit) with all the facilities that are needed on the ground (bunks, medbay, training, etc.) but stuff like debrief up on the SD (would make sense since we would have to go there to 'take off' anyway).

Remember that every map has its limited, if too much it put in it could cause FPS drops. But I'm sure that a fair bit could be added before it becomes an issue. But the ground idea sounds wonderful, instead of having small rooms to allocate jobs (medics/ISB/sith/ect) we would have fairly large buildings that could actually be decorated nicely with decent amount of space left <3.

Definitely #1, this will open up more Roleplay than you think. Regiments will have actual tasks to do on the Ground Map, like Patrols and such. ISB and Navy would be able to conduct cool RP experiments on the Townspeople below. Events on the map without Changing the Map!!! I believe we need this to further the server.

• Upvote 1

Something like Scarif would be preeeeeee cool

And adding a stardestroyer would make it little to big so you wouldn't see anyone (Sorta like halorp) maybe like a acclamator (As there still in use) or a Imperial light cruiser would be cool 

• Advisor

Definitely #1 

A map that is also similar to what we want is the Kamino map.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=774517123

It actually has two bases in the sky as well as escape pods out of the ship. If we got one made but for our time line (Lothal) it would allow for a lot more passive RP. Navy and Pilots will actually have day to day jobs of transporting troops to and from the ship when needed. Patrols throughout the city and in the wastelands can naturally happen. 
Lag will be the big issue but if everyone can agree on a bunk layout as well as offices, briefing room, mess, etc. and its built into the map permanently it would reduce the stress on the server due to excess props. Even a proper training room with a built in climb swep wall, shooting range and formations area would also reduce the time put into tryouts.

• Moose locked this topic
  • Moose unpinned this topic