Change of Location (From Ship to Base)

I have nothing against using the Star Destroyer as the main map for role play but it does begin to get bland after awhile. On one of the servers I played on they used RP_rishimoon_crimson which is a moon/planet base. It contains everything that the ship does and has more space. It might be a good alternative to use for a bit to change it up a bit. I looked it over and there are;

13 x Bunks           1 x Medical Bay            1 x Recruit Room (Initial Spawn)        6 x Large Training Rooms and 2 x Shooting Ranges       4 x Landing Pads and 4 x TIE Pads     2 x Hangers       1 x Training Battlefield

The Main Building has a landing hanger, meeting room, brig, shock bunks off cells, briefing room. It has a control tower and reactor room (if all reactors are off the base goes dark). The upper level has 6 offices that could be used by MHC, ISB and Navy. The area in front typically is used for Debrief as there is lots of room.

It has a lot of role play value. Regiments would be able to practice marching and simulate battles, it still gives the Navy and MHC stuff to do. The event possibilities are endless. On previous servers I have seen it Trade Ship style events, infiltration from rebels, power outages (finding reactor parts to fix reactors), Imperial Inspections. It would give the server somewhere to go if the ship is destroyed or a DEFCON 1 is called. 

Overall, it is the up to the staff if it happens or not but I think it personally would change it up even if it only lasted a week or two. I'll add pictures so let me know what you guys think. Is it worth it or not.

20170815125445_1.jpg

20170815125459_1.jpg

20170815125501_1.jpg

20170815125509_1.jpg

20170815125513_1.jpg

20170815125517_1.jpg

20170815125521_1.jpg

20170815125547_1.jpg

20170815125550_1.jpg

20170815125610_1.jpg

20170815125628_1.jpg

20170815125638_1.jpg

20170815125642_1.jpg

20170815125702_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

I love this map. We have been on it before.

we spent about 2 months on it and then it got destroyed.

i hope we can go back tbh. Its such a good map. Others hate it though. We should take a community vote. Tbh.

• Upvote 3

I love the idea of this. It's always good to change up things every now and then so things don't get repetitive and boring.. It also adds a lot more event ideas and RP scenarios.

As Fox said, a community vote would probably be the best way to decide things.

Yeah. I'm honestly up for a community vote. I didn't know if it had been used before since its not in the content pack.

I think servers do better if they change the main map occasionally as it keeps things fresh.

The Rishi map is really nice but the thing was was that even though it was HUGE, there wasn't really much for the troopers or Sith to do besides walk/fly around. There wasn't enough RP things that people could do, hence the decrease in player count.

2 hours ago, Ridge said:

Pretty sure the reason why we left Rishi Moon and went back to the Star Destroyer is because our player base started to get really low and not many people enjoyed it. But now we are back on the Star Destroyer getting 100+ people every night. I like Rishi but right now we're doing good and I don't feel like we need to change.

^^^

Hermes

If the server is strong because of the map then that's good. I guess I'm just up for change. Again it's up to the staff if it changes. If a change is going to do more harm then good then I don't see the point.

6 minutes ago, TheAwesomeSimmo said:

If the server is strong because of the map then that's good. I guess I'm just up for change. Again it's up to the staff if it changes. If a change is going to do more harm then good then I don't see the point.

Its more about the fact that we've actually played on this map it was just far too large and split up Sith and Troopers, which means you would barely see 1/5 of the people on the server. In addition to this with our large player count poor frames are produced.

Yeah. Mabye its not the best idea. We could go for events or maybe stay there for like an hour or 2.

with our numbers, it may not be for the best.

• Whitey locked this topic