ISD Name - Public Vote

ISD Names  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the next Imperial Star Destroyer to be called?

• Sentinel
    • Reclaimer
    • Decimation
    • Apollyon
    • Yalumba

This poll is closed to new votes

Sentinel is the nicest choice to me, sounds like some propaganda that the Empire would use to make their ships seem like peacekeeping vessels. I like this one the best because you can go down the RP route of being relatively merciful ship who's just doing their job for the Empire with those idealists and extremists slipping in and using the relatively nice name as a way to lul enemies into a false sense of security before being total cunts about it y'now. Makes the most sense for a name.

Reclaimer makes no sense to me considering the Empire has control of the Galaxy, what's it reclaiming?

Decimation is the next closest for me, could be the Empire wanting to be very strong and, well, decimate their enemies, could be cool if you wanted to be a very ruthless ship in that RP sense.

Apollyon is meh to me, interesting because its an Angel, but also makes not much sense considering (as far as I'm aware) there's not much on the nose religious symbolism in Star Wars, or at least as obvious as Apollyon would be in this sense, unless its from 'For Honor' which makes even less sense.

Yalumba is a town in South Australia? What?

In conclusion, Sentinel best.

• Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Vadrian said:

Will pay 100k to each person that goes against Vanilla's wishes and votes for Sentinel.

Or I will instead pay you 150k if you poggers react to this comment as a vote for Absolution and same thing with a like react to Ascendency.

Pay up. Also, while these are awesome names, neither is possible to name our ISD. According to server lore:

- Absolution was an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer that was assigned alongside Cerberus but was captured by the Zann Consortium over Scarif

- Ascendancy is an Assertor-class Star Dreadnought that is the flagship of the 73rd Fleet.

Sorry...

• Retired Veteran
21 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

Ascendancy is an Assertor-class Star Dreadnought that is the flagship of the 73rd Fleet.

It's not necessarily out of the question for entirely different ship models to share a same name. 

There are probably like millions of ships in the Imperial Navy, from Destroyers to Cruisers alike. I can't even think of 10 different names, moreover a million.

12 minutes ago, Kristofer said:

It's not necessarily out of the question for entirely different ship models to share a same name. 

There are probably like millions of ships in the Imperial Navy, from Destroyers to Cruisers alike. I can't even think of 10 different names, moreover a million.

I mean of course I'm not any sort of authority on the matter, but I personally find the idea of particularly capital ships sharing names to be problematic. I know the Empire is a massive entity with over 20,000 capital ships (probably 30,000+ including all the other models) but it's still something keep in mind - a real-life Navy with several aircraft carriers sharing the same name will inevitably lead to problems.

Lower classes of ships, such as frigates and below, would be fine sharing names; it's more than likely that they are simply designated numbers instead of full names.