Go back to the other map

Open your console (~) and type cl_downloadfilter all

Or go into options > other and select Allow all custom files from the server then hit Apply

1 hour ago, Kumo said:

Open your console (~) and type cl_downloadfilter all

Or go into options > other and select Allow all custom files from the server then hit Apply

no i have tried that too

• Advisor

1. Click this download link.

2. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\download\maps (or wherever your gmod DOWNLOADED maps folder is located)

3. Drag the .bsp file into the downloaded maps folder.

4. Rejoin server.

did the step and still i can't join

2 hours ago, Moose said:

1. Click this download link.

2. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\download\maps (or wherever your gmod DOWNLOADED maps folder is located)

3. Drag the .bsp file into the downloaded maps folder.

4. Rejoin server.

1 hour ago, AlterKnight said:

did the step and still i can't join

Why can't you join give us some context, what errors are popping up? what addons do you have enabled? etc. etc.

Same issue, the link Moose provided just gave me an error pop up page and I have done what Kumo says but it didn't seem to work, I have all the content from the content pack, i checked twice. when I do try to join it says that I am missing map: Maps/RP_stardestroyer_v2.bsp 

If all else fails, it is probably an issue with your game or your computer. You could try to verify your game files but if it still doesn't work after that, it might be best to try and reinstall Garry's Mod from scratch.

31 minutes ago, pinejack said:

If all else fails, it is probably an issue with your game or your computer. You could try to verify your game files but if it still doesn't work after that, it might be best to try and reinstall Garry's Mod from scratch.

Tried that, didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix my game, all it does when i load into the server is take forever to download the addons even though i have them installed, also its the only server that takes for ever to load into, i can also play the map on single player.

It also says I'm not accessing this site through Garry mod. No user information obtained.

• Advisor

FastDl is currently down so that is why you are getting the missing map, now to those who state that the old map was better you are looking at the wrong place, it has changed some basic textures however the main feature of this is the optimization this map has, for example you would of noticed you do not fps lag your balls off when you walk into the main hangar with tryouts happening, Event masters can also now place more npcs down due to the optimization and not make everyone lag. All around the main reason this map is better due to the fact the FPS has risen from basic 60 in hallways right up to 130, Main hanger from 30 to 60-80 while tryouts are happening with doors open. There is also new sounds for doors as well. What was wrong with the old one you may ask well now your frames wont be going lower than an old granny's tit's. 

1 hour ago, Wolf said:

FastDl is currently down so that is why you are getting the missing map, now to those who state that the old map was better you are looking at the wrong place, it has changed some basic textures however the main feature of this is the optimization this map has, for example you would of noticed you do not fps lag your balls off when you walk into the main hangar with tryouts happening, Event masters can also now place more npcs down due to the optimization and not make everyone lag. All around the main reason this map is better due to the fact the FPS has risen from basic 60 in hallways right up to 130, Main hanger from 30 to 60-80 while tryouts are happening with doors open. There is also new sounds for doors as well. What was wrong with the old one you may ask well now your frames wont be going lower than an old granny's tit's. 

So the only people able get on are those who got the map before it was put in or changed idk why but it says missing map star destroyer V2 not v1b idk if that means anything but I'm on vacation till it's fixed lol can't get on.

• Cody locked this topic