Your RP name: Herr Koph

Suggestion Summary/Title: Reverting back to the police models used on Poseidon + a few other suggestions.

Description: As the police ranking system makes its way onto the server, it would be a nice change to bring back the police models that we used to use, as they are much more customisable with loads of bodygroups and skins. The current models look old and outdated as they have obviously been around for a long, long time, so switching to a new pack will definitely be an improvement. 

EDIT: Alternatively, if possible, the Idea that russ brought forward to utilise either his or Apu's police playermodels will be preferred over the addon in this suggestion (see comments)

In addition to this suggestion, I have noted that the new police ranking system has the capacity to control the bodygroups currently being worn by the user, which means it is possible for the correct insignia to actually be displayed on the user's uniform as according to their police rank. This would be a cool little addition that overall improves the look of police. I am aware that these bodygroups are also changeable in the closet, however after looking into the addon I have found that the ability to switch between the rank bodygroups can be disabled, which is ideal.

I guess you can DM me for further information on what rank should receive what bodygroup (if this gets accepted).

How will this suggestion benefit the server?: It will improve how police look on the server, and allow much more customisation for players to have access to.

Links to addons/misc content: Phase 2 ECPD Officers Playermodels Provided by Apu or Russ

Edited by Barney
Updated suggestion
  • Upvote 1

+1

Great suggestion, many players are already use to the high customization of these models via the wardrobe system(masks etc).

Although these models do not appear to be Australian, I personally don't care as we used them for a long time on Poseidon which created a nostalgic factor for many of us. If we already have Crips & Bloods who cares about having more Americanised stuff, we're basically the 51st state anyway.

Edited by Ryeboy

+1

These are definitely better than the current ones.

But the only thing I don't like is how the addon and it's dependencies is like 60MB which is a real stinker.

Edited by Butcher
Clarified in post below
1 hour ago, Butcher said:

+1

These are definitely better than the current ones.

But the only thing I don't like is how the addon and it's dependencies is like 60MB which is a real stinker.

I am unaware of the reason behind those additional addons being in the requirement section, however after testing I can confirm they are not necessary for the proper function of these models, so fortunately for us the filesize will be significantly lower

• Upvote 1