Axels suggestion about kidnappers

1. Your RP name: Acel Johnson 
  2. Suggestion Summary/Title: 
  3. Description: a role that could turn u into a kidnapper you could have a bat hand cuffs that could blindfold it’s illegal eg.
  4. How will this suggestion benefit the server? By allowing more fear rp and more fun rp
  5. Links to addons/misc content: https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/v1-4-0-realistic-kidnap-system quick thing I found

PS formatting is very weird I know but I’m on my phone currently so yeah might have to deal with it at the moment

Edited by Mythic
  • Poggers 1

Neutral leaning -1

As I think kidnapping is better placed in the hands of the criminal gangs personally. While i'm not 100% opposed to the addition of a kidnapper role, I just don't see why the PD would take an individual kidnapper seriously. The cops would likely just rush the kidnapper if they knew it was just one person.

I also don't want the appeal of the gangs to be taken away by another thief donor style class hogging up the space. Perhaps Cartel leader instead could be given these tools(handcuffs, blindfolds etc) to cement their status as the main kidnapping gang. While other gangs should still be allowed to kidnap, perhaps Cartel leader should be given a kidnapping buff to encourage people to use this role for kidnapping more often.

Before we go around making more criminal roles in the style of thief, I think we should take a look at the existing criminal gangs and see if we can apply some unique gameplay buffs to them first. Gang RP is without a doubt one of the most rich forms of RP on the server, but it clearly needs more love from a gameplay perspective.

Edited by Ryeboy
1 hour ago, Ryeboy said:

Neutral leaning -1

As I think kidnapping is better placed in the hands of the criminal gangs personally. While i'm not 100% opposed to the addition of a kidnapper role, I just don't see how the PD would take an individual kidnapper seriously. The cops would likely just rush the kidnapper if they knew it was just one person.

I also don't want the appeal of the gangs to be taken away by another thief donor style class hogging up the space. Perhaps Cartel leader instead could be given these tools(handcuffs, blindfolds etc) to cement their status as the main kidnapping gang. While other gangs should still be allowed to kidnap, perhaps Cartel leader should be given a kidnapping buff to encourage people to use this role for kidnapping more often.

Before we go around making more criminal roles in the style of thief, I think we should take a look at the existing criminal gangs and see if we can apply some unique gameplay buffs to them first. Gang RP is without a doubt one of the most rich forms of RP on the server, but without a doubt it needs more love from a gameplay perspective.

-1 This, we should focus on making the current roles more diverse instead of introducing more criminal roles to the server. If we have to many criminal roles we might end up with people spread across many roles in order to do the jobs of say a Thief or Gang leader.

4 hours ago, Ryeboy said:

Neutral leaning -1

As I think kidnapping is better placed in the hands of the criminal gangs personally. While i'm not 100% opposed to the addition of a kidnapper role, I just don't see why the PD would take an individual kidnapper seriously. The cops would likely just rush the kidnapper if they knew it was just one person.

Before we go around making more criminal roles in the style of thief, I think we should take a look at the existing criminal gangs and see if we can apply some unique gameplay buffs to them first. Gang RP is without a doubt one of the most rich forms of RP on the server, but it clearly needs more love from a gameplay perspective.

Yeah would be sick or maybe even adding kidnapping times to these jobs maybe even if they add ranks to thief’s higher ranks could have it

Just now, Dodger said:

just make thiefs, mafia boss, cartel leader able to kidnap so we dont have to add an extra job just for kidnapping

That’s what I said later on yeah

2 hours ago, Mythic said:

Yeah would be sick or maybe even adding kidnapping times to these jobs maybe even if they add ranks to thief’s higher ranks could have it

Nah thieves shouldn't have ranks because by default they aren't part of a particular organization unlike gang members or the PD.

I don't think thief needs any buffs at all tbh, it's already the most popular job, and there aren't exactly a shortage of regular thief players compared to regular gang players currently.

Edited by Ryeboy
4 minutes ago, Ryeboy said:

Nah thieves shouldn't have ranks because by default they aren't part of a particular organization unlike gang members or the PD.

I don't think thief needs any buffs at all tbh, it's already the most popular job, and there aren't exactly a shortage of regular thief players compared to regular gang players currently.

Yeah just saw on the discord people talking bout it more for gangs