IMPORTANT VOTE- Please Read

What era should we do?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What era should we do?

• Clone Wars
    • Imperial

This poll is closed to new votes

All these special regiments to replace current ones if the server changes is great and all but your forgetting something.

Is there a model for it?

it is highly unlikely that majority of previously stated regiments will be added due to models not being on the workshop or not really necessary.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would not mind the switch to CloneWarsRP as I have actually wanted to try out Clone Wars for a long time but have not been able to since I have gotten involved in Imperial Gaming in a way that I cou

When you relised  the amount of Trooper lore names 

Yes I understand that but Republic Strategic Infomation Service, I have never heard of that. And I doubt someone would make a model just for the sole purpose of that.

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure everything has gone way off topic. This post is regarding whether or not it is a good idea for Imperial Gaming to switch from ImperialRP to Clone Wars RP, not what the regiment equivalent is between the two eras, if their models exist or who gets to do what regarding who.

Well it's kind of relevant cause models and regiments can sort of be a part when Considering what would be contained on the server if it were to be switched but yea it's mainly focused on regiments.

• Upvote 2

I feel we shouldn't be changing era's, but instead moving forward in the timeline. So instead of being in Rouge One we finally move towards A new hope, l feel that would satisfy the needs of the vet players and still maintain the ImperialRP sides of the thing, which make our server unique in every way.

Cons: Some Lore Characters will need to be killed off eg Krennic. I feel that Death Troopers shouldn't be killed off just because they're a reg of people and they can always be replaced.

Pros: Better Events and new ideas. If you can't already tell the EM team is dead
          Something to push forward and something to look forward too. 

I feel there is more Cons and Pros, but l can't think of too many at this current time.

But l would also like to suggest if we do end up going back to the Clones Wars time we should set our timeline to Post Order 66. So we still have all the clones stuff but it is still technically The Empire is in control. 
  • Upvote 1

In my opinion, we would be better like other international communities of our size, to start the second server. There are some communities that have 3 successful servers being an Imperial RP server, Clones Wars RP server, and Galaxy RP server, all these servers have 80 slots. So it can be done and I think that it would preserve the thing that makes us so good, our Imperial server no matter what happens with other servers.

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

Take a look at this guys workshop for some quality models for clonewars if we make the switch

LOL NOPE

NOT CGI

PLEASE NOT CGI

Just in terms of the discussion people shouldn't necessarily be comparing regiments like pinejack said, this would all be done within the management team to ensure everybody is satisfied if we do switch to clone wars.

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind all, if this were to happen it would still be months away from transition. Plenty of time to enjoy the ImperialRP server

Major Tiger is bringing back da EOD with da graak and da benny and echo with da 5th fleet security.

Fck yea!

Whatever happens whether the server does change to CloneWars or stick to the Imperial Era, I'm sticking to the server and community no matter what. The change would be different but in my opinion it would be a good experience as well as immersive. 

14 hours ago, pinejack said:

ARC

In this case, either Rancor or SCAR would get ARC as it makes sense.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1

This obviously presents both Pros & Cons in regards to the benefits on the community.

Pros:
Larger amount of content for Clone Wars
Larger amount of maps suited for Clone Wars
Larger amount of Characters as Clone Wars has a rich backstory (This can also play a restriction as we all know the end result)
LAATs for Days!

Cons:
Restriction in regards to Events as we are playing the good guys (Cant simply go burn down a village for disagreeing with our philosophy)
Clone Wars was a lot more political in its sense and planet occupation.
Droid Events -.-
I Personally find the Venator map to poorly laid out in regards to size and facilities and would prefer a combination map with Venator & Land.

I dont think it would be a good idea to switch, especially since we are one of the tiny amount of Imperial servers in AUS. Every other server already is set in the clone wars era, and by changing from imperial to clone wars, we would simply be another server in a already large amount of clone wars servers.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2

• Moose locked this topic