What era should we do?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What era should we do?

• Clone Wars
    • Imperial

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Kosmos

Hello members of Imperial Gaming,

Recently the Management Team conducted a meeting and discussed an idea which would be a massive change to the Imperial Gaming community. After awhile of discussion, the Management Team decided that it will be brought upon the community where everyone can vote and voice their own opinion.

The change that we discussed is whether or not we should switch era’s in the server to Clone Wars instead of Imperial/Rogue One.

We are aware that this change would have an extreme effect on the servers which is why we encourage everyone to voice their opinion on this thread. We are also aware of the potential dangers switching era could pose, the most extreme being that it kills the community (Which we believe is unlikely, if switching era’s was a bad move, we would switch back to Imperial and hope that things return to normal after awhile.)

If the majority of the community thought it was worth trying, the Development Team would begin converting the gamemode and getting a server ready for initial release.

What this means in terms of players’ ranks and roles is still not confirmed, though our thoughts so far are leading towards trying to switch everybody over to a similar rank and role (ISB to Republic Intelligence, Sith to Jedi, Droids to Republic Droids, Scout to ARF, IC to RC and so on.)

Please post any suggestions/feedback as we’re very interested to hear what you all have to think.

-The Management Team

• Moose featured this topic
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would not mind the switch to CloneWarsRP as I have actually wanted to try out Clone Wars for a long time but have not been able to since I have gotten involved in Imperial Gaming in a way that I cou

I do like this idea, but I don't recommend it, it would have a drastic change in the community which I do not think much people would like. People don't like change.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

This could work well so long as if we switch the server development is COMPLETELY finish prior to the switch, disregarding usual bugs and whatnot, releasing a half-baked server didn't work well as seen by the previous other servers we have created eg. HaloRP regardless of how much promise the server initially showed.

@Kosmos Could i put in my 2 cents and just say, that i think instead of changing this server just open a new one for a month then if it doesn't get enough people or the Management Team don't think its worth it just get rid of it.

Thanks ANiX :)

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 3

Look, personally, the amount of CloneWars servers on Gmod is well more than plenty. Having an Imperial set era for the server is what made me come to this server in the first place. It's so boring being the 'good-guys' which is why being an Imperial in an Imperial set era really makes me want to come back again and again, besides this is a massive change and I think the server will lose more people than it should gain if we make a change like this.

• Upvote 2

Clone Wars is highly populated.

There's barely any decent Imperial servers, we're on that top 5 board, possibly first place with daily averages.

TOR?

Farfetched but TOR exists.

• Upvote 3

Martibo's 2 cents

Just gonna throw in here, so basically I've been in a lot of communities and they've all gone through a phase where they have made a decision to change and usually change is frowned upon by the community. Because usually a change means things will be different and they will affect players individually.

17 minutes ago, Sentry said:

I do like this idea, but I don't recommend it, it would have a drastic change in the community which I do not think much people would like. People don't like change.

However I think we have a great community that is happy to welcome this change and personally I don't think we'd lose any players over this. However In saying this I might have to add that the management team will need to address any concerns regarding the switch over to the clone wars before they actually do so.

I would like to think that the development team will be able to create a flush and working clone wars rp server that lives up to the quality of the current imperial rp that we have. Most if not all of the features I'm sure would be the same and you would still enjoy the lovely lag free experience you have in imperial rp.

-------

Personally I wouldn't mind a bit of change and am happy to go forward with whatever decision is made, basically on the basis of how much I love our community.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree with jack, myself being a "veteran player" I do find that it is getting a bit boring as there isn't much for the events to go off anymore if we switch it is a great opportunity for the event masters to have fresh ideas to do with their plans but then again they might have less knowledge about it. The only issue I find with the switch is that the community might split from previous experiences I know that changing eras isn't good for a community. But I believe that IG is stronger than they well I'll be staying for the whole trip.

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, ANiX said:

@Kosmos Could i put in my 2 cents and just say, that i think instead of changing this server just open a new one for a month then if it doesn't get enough people or the Management Team don't think its worth it just get rid of it.

Thanks ANiX :)

I love the TOR era and all but I feel that would be less enjoyable to people because there general knowledge about that era is a lot less and I feel that it's more limited with models and regiments (depending on which faction were talking about.)

3 minutes ago, Rias Gremory said:

Personally I think clone wars is a bit overused, if we were to switch TOR would be the way to go

For once I agree with you

• Upvote 2

I personally think that even though CWRP is overused, if done correctly, it would be nice change for Imperial Gaming. The big issue is that Imperial Gaming is probably the most popular ImperialRP servers out there, and changing it to the more used CWRP gamemode could split the community for those who do not want to play the 'boring old' clone wars roleplay. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Ridge said:

This could be good. I feel like one of the problems we have right now is the amount of regiments and everyone being so split. I am bored so I decided that I should put down my opinion on what regiments should become what. I understand this shouldn't be even considered until we get a verdict but...

Hide contents

Storm Trooper > Clone Trooper

212th > 212th

31st > Bomb Squad

442nd > Doom Company

Cinder Squad > Omega Squad

Death Troopers > ARC / ???

Imperial Commandos > Republic Commandos

ISB > Republic Intelligence / ???

Star Fighter Corps > Republic Pilots

Incinerator Battalion > Clone Blaze Troopers / ???

Inferno Squad > Lore Pilot Characters? / ???

ITC > ???

Jump Trooper > Clone Jet Trooper Variant

Magma Troopers > ???

Medical Troopers > Medcorps / Have Medics in Each Regiment

Naval Guards > Senate Guards

Imperial Navy > Republic Navy

Nova Troopers > ???

Prophets > Jedi Consular

Rancor Battalion > Rancor Battalion

Remnant Company > ???

Riot Troopers > Riot Troopers

Royal Guard > Temple Guards

Royal Storm Troopers > Temple Security Force

SCAR Commandos > ???

Scout Troopers > 91st Reconnaissance Corps

Shadow Guard > Temple Guards / ???

Shadow Troopers > Shadow Company

Shock Troopers > Shock Troopers / Coruscant Guard

Shore Troopers > ???

Sith Inquisitors > Jedi Padawan / Knight / Master etc...

Snow Troopers > ???

Starcrash Brigade > ???

Storm Commandos > ARF Troopers

Terror Troopers > Clone Assassin

Vader's Fist > 501st

Again, this is just MY OPINION! We may not even change eras but I thought this would be fun. If you have any thoughts on this reply and I can change things. Also the ??? means I have no idea what they should become and I feel like we need to get rid of some of them as we have too many regiments. Thanks.

Bomb Squad was called EOD/Explosive Ordnance Disposal.

Royal Storm Troopers could be Senate Guard (They defend the Supreme Chancellor)

ISB would be better off as Republic Strategic Information Service

Other then that it seems pretty good.

2 minutes ago, Kumo said:

Bomb Squad was called EOD/Explosive Ordnance Disposal.

Royal Storm Troopers could be Senate Guard (They defend the Supreme Chancellor)

ISB would be better off as Republic Strategic Information Service

Other then that it seems pretty good.

I think this could be a fit for ISB http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/New_Republic_Security_Bureau I Dont Know tho

• Upvote 1
  • Moose locked this topic