Guest Kosmos

IMPORTANT VOTE- Please Read

What era should we do?  

135 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What era should we do?

• Clone Wars
    • Imperial

I would not mind the switch to CloneWarsRP as I have actually wanted to try out Clone Wars for a long time but have not been able to since I have gotten involved in Imperial Gaming in a way that I could not uphold positions in two servers at one time, plus my computer could not hand all the addons required for two servers.

The thing I worry about though is the player base split that has been mentioned previously and the massive development changes that would need to be undertaken to achieve the smooth-running that the server currently has. I think a lot of people will be confused on which role would be theirs and whether that is a role they'd like to keep. On a minor note, I do not agree in their being two separate smaller servers running Imperial-era and Republic-era, that would be the most definite and obvious player split. There needs to be a complete, overall change to keep as many players as possible.

Also, a new map would be needed for us to stand out and keep our success, not the overused Venator map. Perhaps the funding for the new map could be put into a custom Imperial Gaming map placed for example in Coruscant. Although Lothal did sound like a good idea for an Imperial-era map and I've heard a lot of success relating to the custom map (whether it be Lothal or not), of course that location would not be viable for a Republic-era setting.

Following this, many models have been made for Imperial Gaming, why have those models go to waste when switching over? Of course, new models could be made but it must be understood that a lot of time and effort has been put into our custom models. Relating to this, sure, there are many high-quality addons for Republic-era, there are many more models for Imperial-era servers. A quick search on the Workshop would prove this. Of course, the release of Star Wars Battlefront II will be sure to change all of this but that is posed to release in November, which is many months away. Relating to this, it should be considered that a switch over from Imperial-era to Republic-era should occur closer to the release date of Battlefront II, as many models and addons would be sure of been released by this time, as already evident by the Battlefront II Phase 2 models that are available.

The time from deciding whether to go forward with switching over or keeping in the Imperial era and the release of Battlefront II would allow for many of the previously mentioned developmental changes that would be required to be completed and would allow for a smoother transition.

But an argument for all of this is simple: "Why change at all? Things are running smooth as it is and Imperial Gaming upholds the position of having the only successful Imperial-era StarWarsRP servers based in Australia."  While this is true and quite a powerful argument, I am not personally against this kind of change and a lot of others are not as shown in the votes. About half of the player base are fine with switching over, and that is an argument in itself. I think it would be beneficial to first off trial the Republic era in a separate server in the months closing on the release date of Battlefront II. Trialing is the best way for the player base to give their opinions and feedback on the potential change and will be the most powerful evidence in seeing what the best choice is. A lot of people want change as mentioned previously things have been relatively stale in the last months, causing a lot of veterans to leave. Changing the era would be a large change which could spark life into the community that it does not currently have, life from new Republic-era preferring players and current and older players seeing new opportunities they did not have previously. But that still leaves half the player base wanting to stay in the Imperial era, and that is powerful in itself.

In the end, it is the choice of the management and development teams feeding off of player feedback. The players come first. This could be the change players have wanted, maybe not. We will see in the coming days.

Edited by Chef
  • Upvote 5

i agree with @Mauler , instead of being between EP II and EP III, the best course action for a change should be a post-revenge of the sith type rp. we can still have emperor palpatine, darth vader still having a clone-esk theme

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mauler said:

In saying what I said, I reckon the best course of action is litterally the last days of the clone wars, announce a massive campaign for the Order 66 and then transition to a just after Order 66 Imperial RP (meaning it will be clones but no jedi and events will be focussed on like hunting jedi and snuffing out the remnants of CIS)?

i also think rebel-clones should be part of these events too, e.g hunting a rebel division lead by RC-Member Sev.

Edited by Kraken

Just now, Kraken said:

i also think rebel-clones should be part of these events too, e.g hunting a rebel division lead by RC-Member Rev.

Who the hell is Rev im bloody IC and i dont know who he is

3 minutes ago, HatStabKing said:

Who the hell is Rev im bloody IC and i dont know who he is

havent you heard of the republic commando games? rumor was, the 2nd republic commandos game (that might not come out like EVER) would have been about delta squads Sev starts the rebel army. P.S i meant Sev not Rev xD

2 hours ago, Kraken said:

havent you heard of the republic commando games? rumor was, the 2nd republic commandos game (that might not come out like EVER) would have been about delta squads Sev starts the rebel army. P.S i meant Sev not Rev xD

Sounds fun xD

7 minutes ago, Bearmax said:

have you ever put your tongue in a charging port?

it stings like repetitive Rebel events

Good memes Bearmax.

If we were to use a Venator map to begin with then I think it should be the the rp_venator_gr - Good Size Brig, Amazing Debrief, All we would need is their branding removed at the recruit training room.

2 hours ago, Waffle said:

SeparatistRP? That would be interesting.

If we did do that, I reckon we should have a Venator and a CIS Ship. There is a map for that I think.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dom said:

If we did do that, I reckon we should have a Venator and a CIS Ship. There is a map for that I think.

Yeah there is a map but it is bad! I looked at about 25 Different Venator maps last night -.-

This same issue is only going to arise again if we do change to Clone wars era, what does clone wars really offer that Imperial does not currently offer. The troopers get bored of training, events can only be done so many times, the same NPCs will get used again, etc etc. This seems to be a quick fix to what is currently an issue stemming from star wars RP.

A possible solution that is unique is to create regiment counterparts for when we are on the ship, for example, on the ship you have the choice of going ISB or DT. Like wise if we had an event most of the ISB will turn into DT as shooting stuff is fun etc. This means that on ship it will create a different atmosphere of RP, where people will backstab each other for better ranks etc , each person is in it for themselves increasing the overall RP when onship. Another example Nova Guard could assist MHC by joining them to plan attacks and scheme to take out other regiments that annoy them or try and undermine higher-ups. For Example, ISB is pissing off MHC, so in RP, they try and get shit on them and try and frame them. Likewise navy has an issue with MHC so they team up with ISB to try and destroy/overcome them, while this can already happen currently if all regiments including Trooper regiments such as IC Rancor, Scar had counter parts such as  Imperial Intelligence etc (im not good with lore)  . Then it would solve the issue that troopers don't have anything to do, and everything will be dynamic nothing will be planned rivals will exist punishments will be given.

This could be a possible solution for troopers getting bored on the ship  because they have nothing to do if they are not training. If everyone could be punished the same for acting out against a tyrannical leader that was void of all human emotions, then the passive RP will increase massively as breaking the rules/produces results in a demotion/ name change / permanent  kill. Everyone would act a lot more serious and do their job. 

If anything can be gathered from this post I don't think that changing the era is going to fix the underlying issues, that being a trooper on ship is boring at times.

@Kosmos Can we have this changed to a discussion and the voting locked so people don't accidentally vote on this one?

I have an idea, probably not the most practical idea but an idea nonetheless.

I do like the idea of the Clone Wars era server actually being set post-Revenge of the Sith, so that Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine still exist and there is not much of a Republic left as it is now the Empire. During this time period, the cloning facilities at Kamino shut down and the new soldiers were trained via the infamous "taken-from-families, trained from very young" tactic. I propose that original clones and new stormtroopers can coexist in a sort of hierarchy. Veterans from the previous Imperial-era server will turn into clones and will stand out the older, superior members of the military, whilst newer, younger players will play as newly recruited stormtroopers, separate from clones. How this translates into developing separate ranks for both clones and stormtroopers I do not exactly know, but it I think it is an interesting proposition nonetheless.

This means we can get the best from both eras. We have the newly formed Empire with Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine and (maybe) stormtroopers, whilst at the same time Venator-class ships are still the primary carrier of the Imperial fleet and the Imperials are tasked with destroying CIS droids and their factories as well as still fighting Jedi who are escaping Order 66. Perhaps a small Rebellion force can coexist with the CIS droids and they can band together like they do in Rebels. On the topic of Rebels, more elements from that show can be introduced, such as Kanan and Ezra and can be enemies for the Imperials to fight. Events from the show can be incorporated into events on the server. But since the setting is post-Revenge of the Sith, elements from the Clone Wars series can be incorporated as well, including the clones as mentioned earlier, and certain noteworthy clones can lead certain regiments.

This allows for Imperial Gaming to keep its Imperial roots (and name) whilst shifting the timeline to work with more Clone Wars-era elements. It would be a unique move for the community and StarWarsRP as a whole, as I do not think many servers offer this kind of experience and are set in this timeline.

This statement may seem contradictory to my previous statement, but I believe I am holding the neutral ground on this change. I do like both the Imperial era and the Republic era and I will be sticking with the server no matter which route is taken.

Edited by Chef
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Whitey said:

If we were to use a Venator map to begin with then I think it should be the the rp_venator_gr - Good Size Brig, Amazing Debrief, All we would need is their branding removed at the recruit training room.

Nah man the Kamino map makes me wet.

Just now, Ridge said:

Nah man the Kamino map makes me wet.

Only issue is the texture on the outside is pretty bad, Inside is pretty sweet + The escape Pods from the Venator and the Jedi Temple. Means we could have Kaminoans in Roles. 

Awkwardly enough as the current 442nd Commander I could just change my name and keep my reg exactly the same cause 442nd was originally a clone regiment.

On 19/07/2017 at 3:33 PM, Whitey said:

Only issue is the texture on the outside is pretty bad, Inside is pretty sweet + The escape Pods from the Venator and the Jedi Temple. Means we could have Kaminoans in Roles.

xD Good one Whitey good one.

3 hours ago, TheAwesomeSimmo said:

Awkwardly enough as the current 442nd Commander I could just change my name and keep my reg exactly the same cause 442nd was originally a clone regiment.

I'm also a reg from clone wars so nothing will really change xD

Wish i could change my vote to Imperial.

We are the only imperial server in Australia, thats where our player base comes from, if we changed it, we would die.

• Upvote 1