Player Server Profile Information

In-Game Name (Most Identifiable): Seyn Marana

SteamID32: STEAM_0:0:33035925

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026337578

Time Played (UTime): image.png.8b31ae88b1dcde6429fd07a3bbb35461.png

Player History

Have you had any warnings in the past? If so, please list them: No

Have you had any bans in the past? If so, please list them: No

Have you had any similar positions (Staff, PAC3, Developer) on other servers? If so, please list them: No

Basic Reasoning Questions

Why should you be given this position over others?: I believe I have the capability to make use of all the potential that comes with Tier 3. Access to new mechanics will allow me to not only provide new RP experiences for myself, but also for others and give back to the community.

Why should you be trusted with this position? and do you believe others think of you with the same perspective?: I am confident I can be trusted with Tier 3 based on the merit I have accumulated thus far as a responsible PAC user. I have never had disciplinary action imposed on me from staff from infringing on PAC rules, nor to my knowledge have I earned the contempt of other players for acting irresponsibly with it.

Why are you applying for this position?: My primary goal with PAC was creating and enhancing RP with others. So far I believe I have stayed true to this by cooperating with EMs in events to forumulate new ideas and enrich the experience through various methods providing new Event Character types (Like an electrostaff trooper, scary aberrant monster, B2 super battledroid, or my Emu Riders). Additionally as I learned to use PAC, along with the new implements that came with Tier 2, I found myself teaching other PAC users and advising them on what they might do and how they could do better.

In summary, achieving Tier 3 would allow me to build upon these notions and my repetoir of skills. Thereby allowing myself to grow and similarly give back to the community.

Before we continue, anything else you’d like to add?: Lately I have been working on PACs for other people. Many different players/staff have approached me asking if I could make something for them. I always strive to make great PACs and the achievement of Tier 3 would expand my options on what I can make and for who.

PAC3 Reasoning Questions

Have you had PAC3 Tier 2 for at least 6 months? If not, you are not eligible for PAC3 Tier 3: Yes

Have you been apart of the IG community for at least 2 years? If not, you are not eligible for PAC3 Tier 3: Yes

Do you believe you have learned more from using PAC3 Tier 2? If so, please explain: Tier 2 was a wonderful addition to my repetoire and taught me a lot. It taught me how to use Custom Animations on bones and models, smooting out the animation by changing the interpolation. I learned how to blend models together more effectively thanks to sub materials, which improved my PACs a lot. Finally, I learned how to import entire models from the workshop with experimental model, and experimental bones have the useful hide mesh and invert hide mesh options.

Justify why you need PAC3 Tier 3: Although Tier 2 has been wonderful to have, after such a long time with it, simply everything has been done. This is partly the reason I had begun pursuing making PACs for other people, as I couldn't make anything that'd constitute as worthwhile for myself. I have found it difficult to draw upon insipiration lately, which is something I hope Tier 3 could remedy. An end that I dread is finding myself burnt out completely with the server and I wish that this could perhaps reinvigorate me.

Explain how you've used PAC3 Tier 1 and 2, and show examples: Aside from the regular manipulation/merging of models, boning stances/gestures and using animations, I believe I have done some pretty nifty things so far with Tier 1 & 2. Most prominently is porting models (which I won't show a lot of to keep the list short).

zuVeCF_0V3fWLg6P7NDgY6wc3ZWh2FN-RoJxiwOCZqerL8XkRmkWWN_ViwRAk6YCFj4BJAJyPI-3lILENafzY6ayl-3jTwdnSEv7DR-D4Rj5BA5LyMfTVUXHZP7hpfR36QAZKXSb=s0

Mismatching scrap droid for Civilian RP (Tier 1)

QtaJhb4tBgG0VbyjjdTrr8Sq75eLvQZBn5CV2Eu7Pmb1Xuf_vUK8LQ3os-YA78kkbd2l7vRT0e9CeK0sBnlIpRArRnQrBvPbke07jQDLuPOZj5avXd-gEsEk-nscyf_7CY9NV86L=s0

Officer clothes Seyn Marana (As always shout out to the lovely Vanilla for rigging up the Seyn head) (Tier 1)

Yl8plPG_sfDbWvAnCqSXexgXfxywAt5ba6EVn4Zxwy5Sws9AVL36um169Opka5jIMNSiMKtyA-RG7yBnsXBA-uzbOuQFlvXT_ZF_nzLs4beUTrvVmFXTpXUfvmzKb6oIyweTry-6=s0

My Purge Trooper 'Wrath's head including cybernetics and using Text in PAC to make the facial tattoos

sDM4MbdhehBsXbEnX00V7Y4iHzfUn8w2Lm1rQ3u0Cs6-eEjNqe1EllTp4N06wiqBfiE5DN4qcLlkgK31_EG15YtAsvpAqlEKe_ym1GNBdPHl0yrWtdil5U0uNzMuyHE7we7rtBVu=s0

My other Purge Trooper 'Jenkins' with his cybernetic gun arm which you can shoot from

Multiple old Purge Trooper PAC examples (Taken from Tier 2 app)

Multiple old Seyn Marana PAC examples (Taken from Tier 2 app)

Using sub materials to get the tubes from an ISC model for myself and sounds

Updated kick animation which is smoother than the first rendition

Only something minor but I figured out how to have an on-safety animation for your gun without it muching up when you aim down sights

B2 Super Battledroid PAC used for events, which I've shared with other people to use at their leisure

One of the many PACs I've made for people. Karyn Faro PAC for Jman, later adapted to Tier 1 for use by Pickle

Zann Consortium Electrostaff trooper. Originally PAC'd to be used with a lightsaber. Saw use in one event.

Knife spinning PAC using the force with custom animations. Made for Rex

An updated version of God incarnate. The Emu Rider. Saw use in one event long ago

My Tier 2 SCP-096 PAC which saw use in one spooky event run by Kris

Walking animation for a Vulture Droid used in an event. I know it's a little wonky but it works well enough for events.

dhxlDXdV11i71qzmu2MrBkSBm4YcWP6dbk5tlVyvslUUInSr73NUv_QVtv--oaWASYhntrwm8UwYjfqdGwQX0-HT8ShwF7MsX7l5JyJLw-ITPd2L1svsaDOs96ZOqp0YYpX9aQ6p=s0

8vfk1U9oCjr99oY__1RHXBSr-OuPqROKJqDTZpWljwhfE_2C0OwNvNq3tSSiZIjPCpfkaKEQeTG8WRHAVprnF8nrpWPK2OWHsqzoZvaAMqz-GWM4ZBEtyMdXUUapgER_RQAVKMEI=s0

FVFpy-gSPNjaKsxGR1_AKtDJB0URnsCVIWl21w68vhpcJzNRngh1brgbZSl5utWqEvv16J-xji-malSXWHbQLOUYs7bfy7a-gHVcPP6SqzEvbgxW2X5uSDVkekGzSRGiktiVmAGT=s0

Just a few examples of models I've ported in. Some of them took lots of effort in Blender cutting them off from bigger models into smaller parts, then searching for their materials in VTFEdit

PAC3 Examples Questions
Please insert relevant PAC3 Examples, that incorporate Tier 3 Elements.
Insert your PAC3 Examples here. PAC3 Applications must have a minimum of 5 Examples.

Example 1 (Attach Video, Screenshot or anything similar):

A custom stance for a lightsaber. I used a regular 'angry' animation then adjusted the bones, then did the rest in custom animation. The lightsaber was constructed from scratch, it includes webaudio sounds and lights.

Example 2 (Attach Video, Screenshot or anything similar):

Another custom stance for a lightsaber including an animation to draw and ignite it from your back. I used proxies and timer events timed against the custom animations to get the animation timing right.

Example 3 (Attach Video, Screenshot or anything similar):

A Force lightning PAC. I applied an effect to a generic model for the lightning paired with sounds to match. I can adjust the size and range of the lightning by shrinking/enlarging the model the effect is paired to.

Example 4 (Attach Video, Screenshot or anything similar): 

A simple but quaint welding tool for Engineer RP. I plan to make more simple things with effects like this in the future.

Example 5 (Attach Video, Screenshot or anything similar)

An updated version of my SCP-096 PAC. The older version used generic zombie sounds modified in pitch. This one uses webaudio for the real sounds.

Example 6 (Attach Video, Screenshot or anything similar)

My favourite. An animated The Hand stand from Jojo complete with webaudio sounds, effects, and custom animations.
Disclaimer: I never wore this on the server

Edited by Jenkins
Edit 1: Added Vulture Droid PAC Tier 2 example. Edit 2: Updated Utime
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 4

+1

Whilst you were gone for a while. You are extremely competent with Pac3 and have shown that with your examples. Your activity has improved and I have no reason to not +1.

Good Luck Jenkins!

The formatting on this application makes it quite hard to review all the videos you've attached, it would be easier in my opinion to link a google document with all these video links rather than embed about 20+ videos into your application.

Mein Gott it's a Tier 3 PAC app... Too bad I'm mid PAC grind to make my own...

The PACs are competent, and show an extremely wide range of Tier 1, 2 and 3 PAC3 tool usage. I would have liked to see some Proxy usage though.

+1

+1

I have personally seen Jenkins help with other people's PACs as well as allowing others to use his PACs to support their own RP. His ability and talent is shown clearly through his examples and it's clear that he considers PAC a tool to better everyone's RP on the server not just his own. If anyone is deserving of Tier 3, it is Jenkins.

8 hours ago, Mauler said:

Mein Gott it's a Tier 3 PAC app... Too bad I'm mid PAC grind to make my own...

The PACs are competent, and show an extremely wide range of Tier 1, 2 and 3 PAC3 tool usage. I would have liked to see some Proxy usage though.

+1

Hi, you can see use of proxies under the Tier 3 Example 2, with the Inquisitor PAC. They were used to time events showing models and the custom animations in unison.

Edited by Jenkins
Explained how the proxies were used
4 hours ago, Jenkins said:

Hi, you can see use of proxies under the Tier 3 Example 2, with the Inquisitor PAC. They were used to time events showing models and the custom animations in unison.

Hmm must've skipped right over that one, thank you.

1 minute ago, Yuri said:

ayo.

shit kinda bussin

+1

love em dude... really had to record them in public areas tho xD 

Yeah lol there was a few incidents of DT murking people in the background, the ship being attacked, bombs going off, or Jman testing sounds

• Haha 1

Massive +1 

• One of the friendliest  guys I know from the server.
  • Trust worthy with tools given to him
  • Amazing at pac3, deserves Tier 3
  • Love his work
  • Examples are Amazing 
  • Mongo +1'd

Good app Jenkins <3

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Delta said:

Massive +1 

• One of the friendliest  guys I know from the server.
  • Trust worthy with tools given to him
  • Amazing at pac3, deserves Tier 3
  • Love his work
  • Examples are Amazing 
  • Mongo +1'd

Good app Jenkins <3

same

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 

I have seen his work first hand he knows what he is doing with every little change he does to his PACs. He has proven to me he would use Tier 3 Pac to the best he can. I haven't seen any issues with him using PAC

Good Luck Jenkins