Player Server Profile Information

In-Game Name (Most Identifiable): 

Rick Castle

SteamID32: 

STEAM_0:1:32893562

Steam Profile Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Imperatorclass/

Time Played (UTime):

Nine Weeks, twelve hours, 39 minutes. It would be longer but it was wiped at some point by an unfortunate error.2101430411_GarrysmodScreenshot2021_08.23-15_11_46_85.png.38f092ec93ac916764ee6d3f750d3fd9.png

Player History

Have you had any warnings in the past? If so, please list them:

One warning for RDM, where I shot an ST trying to steal a TIE.

One other warning for RDM | FailRP as a result of a cascading situation on Tatooine.

Both warns are from a rather substantial time ago.

Have you had any bans in the past? If so, please list them:

No bans.

Have you had any similar positions (Staff, PAC3, Developer) on other servers? If so, please list them:

Owner of Galactic Gaming Imperial RP
Staff Manager of Casual Gaming DarkRP
Senior Admin of Nigel Gaming
Senior Moderator of Werwolf Gaming 1943 Berlin RP
Senior Moderator of Aystralia Network

There have been more, but this is stretched over a period of 11 years and I can't remember it all I'm sorry.

Basic Reasoning Questions

Why should you be given this position over others?:

I believe I should be given this position, as I am adept at following the investigation appreciation process that is a necessary requirement as a good staff member for Garry's Mod. Not only am I able to follow this process, I am able to apply this process, levelling the correct punishments as required, or knowing when a verbal caution or other similar censure is required rather than a hard warn, kick or ban. I am able to utilise critical thinking and common sense to read the context of the situation, while also reviewing the empirical evidence as is provided with logging systems. When conducting staff moderation work, I am fair, kind, but firm and completely professional. During staff sits, I maintain complete control, and never rise to the goads or emotions of the person/people I am dealing with. I have seen every possible mentality and maturity level Garry's Mod has to offer, and nothing surprises me nor effects me in a staff encounter these days. Tooting my own horn? Yes certainly, but the whole point of this is to sell myself.

Why should you be trusted with this position? and do you believe others think of you with the same perspective?:

I believe I should be trusted with this position as I have never been one to abuse sweps, tools or game mechanics when the opportunity to exist may do so. I am old enough to truly understand the value of maintaining integrity and credibility, as if you lose these, then people neither respect you, nor will they want to associate with you, and that isn't a fate to be desired. While I cannot speak to the perceptions of others, as I am not them, I would like to think that even if they do not particularly like me as a person, their perception of my integrity and credibility is to a high standard.

Why are you applying for this position?:

The main reason I am applying for this position is quite simply that I really enjoy the server and playing with the people on it. A simple answer, but one that holds a significant amount of weight to it. I have played this server for some time now, a couple years at the least, and it has become my home for when I play with others, and I truly do view it as a home. With my perception of the server as a home, also comes with it the desire to see my home prosper, to maintain my home as I can and help make it a place that others too can see as a home for themselves. I have ruminated for a long while about applying for a staff position to take this custodianship to the next level, but work commitments and other matters have made it rather somewhat untenable until now. But now, I can put forward my application and hopefully look forward to a long...career I suppose you certainly could call it, as an Imperial Gaming staff member.

Before we continue, anything else you’d like to add?:

Imperium Invicta.

Moderator Reasoning Questions

You see a civilian killing others without an obvious roleplay reasoning behind it, what do you do?:

I would begin by spectating the civilian doing the killing, at the same time as doing this, I would question the person/people they killed as to a reason or cause why the civilian killed them. I would gather the statements made by the people affected, and the observation made by watching the player in question. Now if they kill again while I am spectating them, I will be able to understand the context of the killing, or lack thereof, and make a determination quickly. If not, I will have to take the information gathered from the statements and my own eye witness account at the time. I will pull them to an isolated area, mayhap behind the ship or another some such location on another map, jailing them if it necessary (them not staying for the sit as an example). I would then directly question them as to their actions and what their justification for it was. If their justification is reasonable and articulable, I will return them to their previous location and close the matter there. If their reason does not meet standards, I would remind them of the server rules regarding RDM, direct them to the rules on the forums, and hand them a warn for their actions.

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?

I would initially screen the logs to confirm the killings and how they occurred. I would then log the players SteamID, either through the disconnection logs or via the console, and then serve them with the appropriate warn and subsequent ban for Mass RDM.

A user has been given tools for training. You soon discover they are using the tools to prop kill and prop block. What course of action do you take?:

My initial action would be to freeze them in place, and then remove their tools. I would then bring them to an isolated section of the map to continue the staff sit. I would then question them regarding their actions, and remind them of the verbal or written warning given to them on the initial receipt of tools. I would ensure that, at this point, there is no ambiguity in their minds surrounding the rules regarding the receival and usage of tools. I would then server them with the appropriate warnings for their actions, and subsequent ban, as prop killing and prop blocking are unacceptable.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:

Now, this may not be necessarily cut and dried. If it is only an accusation of bullying, I would take the statement of the person being bullied, and compile any evidence if they have it. I would have to be thorough, as I have previously seen, in many other places on Garry's Mod not to mention real life, occasions where someone has not liked another person, and has then tried to get that person in trouble by making up spurious allegations to get that member in trouble. Because of this, I would need empirical proof of bullying occurring before I could take moderation action against the purported bully. If there is direct evidence of this occurring, I would take the bully to an isolated location, and in no uncertain terms make it coldly obvious of Imperial Gaming's rules regarding the bullying of other players. If the bullying was minor, I will give them a verbal caution, and then serve them with a warning. If the bullying is anything moderate to severe, though, I would castigate them, give them a warning and serve them with a ban, the length to be determined by the level of the bullying.

A player enters the servers and begins to make racial slurs. What do you do?:

I would immediately gag the player, then jailtp them to an isolated section of the ship. I would then warn them immediately for racism, and serve them with a ban. Something like this is rather cut and dried, as racism is not tolerated in any way shape or form and cannot be seen to be either condoned or tolerated.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. What do you do?

First, I would observe the comment. I have seen more than a few occasions on other servers where someone has only mentioned DDOS as a thing, and a staff member who has jerked at the knee has banned them immediately. This would not serve the community well, and so I would observe the initial comment. On determining that yes, it is a threat to DDOS the server, that member would be immediately warned and then permanently banned, as threats like that cannot be tolerated for an instant.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?

I would report it to the Staff Manager of the server, providing him with my statement and with any Inculpatory evidence I may have in my possession. At this point it has become a matter for the Staff Manager to review and investigate, and I would not interfere, nor would I antagonise or confront the accused staff member, as this would not serve to help the process, but instead cause entirely unnecessary drama, which I cannot stand.

Terms of Application

1. Application bumps are viable after a total of 7 days following the last bump/post. If the application is bumped prior to the minimum amount of days it is liable for denial.
2. Any member of the community is allowed to provide feedback by posting a “+1” or “-1” and can present evidence to support their vote. 
3. Advertisement of applications in any form, including but not limited to, in or out of character chat, discord, forum chatbox and teamspeak, will lead to an immediate termination and denial of the application.
4. Failing to answer questions will lead to the termination and denial of the application.
5. False information will lead to the termination and denial of the application.
6. Failing to meet the minimum requirements laid out by the template will lead to either the application being placed on a temporary hold until requirements are met, or it will be terminated and denied.
8. Knowledge of the ULX Commands are not essential when applying but it is recommended and preferred that applicants expand their knowledge prior to applying or while the application is active.

I, Rick Castle, agree to the terms stated above and accept that if my application is successful, I am henceforth a representative of Imperial Gaming and will act maturely and responsibly. I accept and will respect the powers that are given unto me with my position. I will only use the power given to me to enhance the experience of the members of the community. I accept that any abuse of these privileges comes with the risk of termination from the staff team. I accept that I may be demoted at any given time without prior warning or valid reason. I, the applicant, am well aware of the server rules and to the best of my ability will uphold and enforce these rules.

• Upvote 3
On 8/23/2021 at 6:34 PM, Rick_Castle said:

Owner of Galactic Gaming Imperial RP

Huh..? 
Please do let me know when you owned the server, as this was the server that I ran after being handed it by Jeremy and Zlamma / Matt.

I do know the entire timeline of this server and while it was still operating as an Imperial Roleplay server it was never owned by you.

I'll go in depth on the timeline here.

Jeremy and Kanga founded the server together, eventually Kanga gave up on it and Jeremy was left with the server; Kanga deleted the discord and files needed for the server resulting in Jeremy taking over and Starting a New.

Eventually Zlamma / Matt owned the server after being passed it by Jeremy, after a while Matt grew inactive and handed me the server.

When I ran the server it went on for around a year up until the point that Samson was given co-owner alongside myself and eventually we ran into chargeback issues with a guy named Mythic who had constantly doxxed the server and fucked us over around the backend as a "developer" With that aside I left the community giving Samson around 400 aud in donation money and he even bought himself 3TB hardrive with donation money

The server eventually revamped into a clone wars server under Samson and Grims ownership and Galactic  Gaming officially came to an end.

When they eventually came back as an "Imperial RP Server" it was rebranded into "The Musuem"

Edit: looking over a document saved on my G: Drive and looking over my old purchased domain for the old forums; you were registered in the community in 2018, and would have been a member around the time of 2018-2019 when I owned the server, however I'm still missing details of whenever you did 'own' the server, and how long that was for.

Edited by Mongo
Verified.
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Mongo said:

Huh..? 
Please do let me know when you owned the server, as this was the server that I ran after being handed it by Jeremy and Zlamma / Matt.

I do know the entire timeline of this server and while it was still operating as an Imperial Roleplay server it was never owned by you.

I'll go in depth on the timeline here.

Jeremy and Kanga founded the server together, eventually Kanga gave up on it and Jeremy was left with the server; Kanga deleted the discord and files needed for the server resulting in Jeremy taking over and Starting a New.

Eventually Zlamma / Matt owned the server after being passed it by Jeremy, after a while Matt grew inactive and handed me the server.

When I ran the server it went on for around a year up until the point that Samson was given co-owner alongside myself and eventually we ran into chargeback issues with a guy named Mythic who had constantly doxxed the server and fucked us over around the backend as a "developer" With that aside I left the community giving Samson around 400 aud in donation money and he even bought himself 3TB hardrive with donation money

The server eventually revamped into a clone wars server under Samson and Grims ownership and Galactic  Gaming officially came to an end.

When they eventually came back as an "Imperial RP Server" it was rebranded into "The Musuem"

Edit: looking over a document saved on my G: Drive and looking over my old purchased domain for the old forums; you were registered in the community in 2018, and would have been a member around the time of 2018-2019 when I owned the server, however I'm still missing details of whenever you did 'own' the server, and how long that was for.

This was in April of 2019. Zachary was leaving and myself and Noah purchased the server from him. I was an Owner yes but I essentially handled the financials for the server while Noah more directly managed things. Eventually I handed over ownership before its eventual rebranding. Grims (Praetorian) would be able to confirm this if you want to contact him, we were good mates during that period. To be honest I haven't thought at all about the details surrounding it in years and a substantial amount has happened for myself since then, so my memory on the timeline is incredibly spotty.

• 2 weeks later...

Lacks the maturity to moderate on IG.

Extremely immature and rude in OOC. (Has been plenty of incidences)

Extremely biased towards his own troopers, refuses to listen to external opinions, contradicting the role of a moderator.

Was going to +1 it a couple weeks back, but after reviewing your behaviour and maturity, I dont think you are fit.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
3 hours ago, Binny said:

Lacks the maturity to moderate on IG.

Extremely immature and rude in OOC. (Has been plenty of incidences)

Extremely biased towards his own troopers, refuses to listen to external opinions, contradicting the role of a moderator.

Was going to +1 it a couple weeks back, but after reviewing your behaviour and maturity, I dont think you are fit.

• 1 month later...