Queball's Event Master Application

Player Server Profile Information

In-Game Name (Most Identifiable): Caros "Queball" Antares

SteamID32: STEAM_0:1:45434601

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198051134931/

Time Played (UTime): 14w, 0d, 6h, 30m (Approx. See Below Image)

20210816231223_1.jpg.3e30170a4015007b9a9457fd5470a97f.jpg

image.png.2c56131b12032a3f687d90e885e236c6.png

Player History

Have you had any warnings in the past? If so, please list them: None

Have you had any bans in the past? If so, please list them: None

Have you had any similar positions (Staff, PAC3, Developer) on other servers? If so, please list them: "Trainer" on Icefuse Networks Jedi vs Sith some time ago, effectively an ooc position given to people to train new people and guiding them in showing them the rules and faction terms before getting them whitelisted to the server. I left the community some time ago and have not re-entered that community since, there were no hard feelings or issues on departure.

Basic Reasoning Questions

Why should you be given this position over others?: I wouldn't hold myself in a station higher than others, though I understand the need to make a decision, so I will simply outline what you will receive from me should you accept me for this position. By selecting me for this position, you will have someone who is hard working and dedicated to ensuring the community receives enjoyable roleplay and generally enjoys their time more on the server as a result. I believe the best example I can use to respond to this is my current role as an Engineer. Since joining the regiment up until now (and surely beyond :) ) I have witnessed and enjoyed new depths to role-play on the server, far more than ever before. 

What came with that, however, is something I feel would qualify as a defining characteristic, loyalty, or dedication. What I mean by this can be explained here; since achieving even an officer position in Engineers some time ago, I always sought to retain a key goal, to ensure Engineers continued to be an enjoyable Roleplay Regiment, to maintain the Regiment and improve it as best as I could. This kind of dedication led me through all sorts of times in Engineers, but one thing remained consistent, through the challenges, I always enjoyed what I did, I enjoyed, and still enjoy, providing roleplay and being a part of it, loving the feeling of improvement and entertainment it comes to provide.

I also possess a skill with building, and doing so within a theme. I have built or assisted in a range of building projects since becoming an Engineer, and almost all of them have either been used for the purposes of further enjoying Roleplay in the server or have been, in general, made with a specific idea in mind, sticking to a theme, often an immersive Star Wars Locale, and going ahead with putting it together. Finally, should you grant me the position, I would not only perform my expected duties, but also be on-hand at any time to assist others. Assisting people is something I always try to uphold, we are a community after all, we're all here to enjoy it, I just want to put in an effort to help people do so.

Why should you be trusted with this position? and do you believe others think of you with the same perspective?: This is a particular question that has some resonance with me in my current role on the server, trust. I would like to think that being an Engineer, while not a prerequisite to trust, is something that most definitely carries some weight. We are told from day one as an Engineer (as I move to reciprocate now) that we are given privileges some other regiments are not, specifically, physgun and tools. That, to me, was one of my first extra privileges on the server and thus something I held dearly and quite honestly to the point where I would be (and still am) very conscious as to how I use them. I am quite proud to say I was never given any tool warnings, nor have any Engineers within the Regiment received such since I have been a part of the regiment.

This brings me to my second point. Having been given PAC3 Tier 1 came alongside if not just after becoming an Engineer, so it was effectively another privilege piled on top, a privilege that required a great deal of trust from staff to be granted to me. This brings me to my next point, integrity. Integrity is an extra level on top of trust that I try to amplify, and is something I have attempted to uphold in my own life as well as my time on the server as much as possible. An example of this is the few times I have been given the extra privilege of temporary noclip to complete larger builds for the server or otherwise, of which I have always held with the upmost regard and ensured such a privilege is not abused.

Why are you applying for this position?:

Call it part delay and part patience. While I have taken some time to make the move of applying for EM, I have dabbled with the idea for quite some time. This would not be the first time I have created RP before, having done so on other games in a Star Wars theme. Now, after a long time of waiting, I think it is finally time to further my own creativity and provide to the server in new ways.

Furthermore, I would like to take a more active role with a group I have already resonated with quite closely, both in people and purpose. For example, I have, at times, assisted in ways during event builds, even taking an active role in building these dupes alongside others. In purpose, one of those purposes being that of fostering roleplay, I have found closeness with. This is seen through situations where I have enjoyed creating roleplay scenarios for Engineers in the past, something I would love to do more of on a much larger scale as an EM.

In terms of patience, I have effectively stood back for a time and, as such, have been able to witness how events are run, what kind of niches are used and what kind of trends occur in these types of events, how they are played out in process and the level of interactivity they can foster. Now, having spent long enough doing so, I would like to adapt my own style and create enjoyable events.

Before we continue, anything else you’d like to add?: If I may utilise this comment as a conclusion of sorts. I believe much of this is about how much I want to step into the community. I feel this is a significant step, because it allows me to give back as much enjoyment as I have received in my time in this community which, on and off, granted only having ramped up the activity again around September-October last year, has been something I have been a part of for roughly five years.

Event Master Reasoning Questions

What do you believe you can do to make Events more fun, enjoyable and inclusive?: To understand this I would like to first frame what I perceive an event to be. It is an inherently unique break from the "routine", be they passive or involve combat. An event is a chance for regiments to show their best, and for characters to achieve growth through the opportunities they present.

With that being said, my key goal would be to ensure that I produce events that do exactly that, break away from routine and become a point of growth. How I would achieve such a goal, I feel, would be through the process of simplifying structure. I would frame my events much like a story, taking notes and writing a rough idea of where I want the story to go, with preparation for the potential that it will be altered by the actions of the players (because that, in my mind, is the best kind of story). Once I establish simplicity to my events, I feel everything else can be built upon it.

Such an approach need only start with determining a beginning, middle and end, determining how people can play a part in launching the event, what everyone can do during the event and what role others can play in ensuring the end is a secured victory, or decisive defeat. The RP becomes more organic, more dynamic, I feel, the more simplistic it becomes in structure. Consequences can be more clearly defined if an end goal is not desirable, more time can be spent interacting with the people partaking in the role play rather than following a scripted approach. All that's needed is a plan, and from that plan, an idea can be made to create a story. This allows for more extensive, over-time roleplay, where one event can span into multiple due to the actions made in one.

Ultimately, I feel true fun, enjoyment and inclusion comes from placing the fate of the story in the hands of the players, and enables the most growth. This gives people the power over their own story, or the power to react to how the story flows with them, or against them, thanks to the actions of others.

Event Idea 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Agik9BO8654SN1kpPxkMza3UNMhaf74wDLOf0dkt8c/edit?usp=sharing

Event Idea 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IVOu0NUPH0gOOboHmKCQqFBcFrvbJFj5MjQgflAow8Y/edit?usp=sharing

Terms of Application

1. Application bumps are viable after a total of 7 days following the last bump/post. If the application is bumped prior to the minimum amount of days it is liable for denial.
2. Any member of the community is allowed to provide feedback by posting a “+1” or “-1” and can present evidence to support their vote. 
3. Advertisement of applications in any form, including but not limited to, in or out of character chat, discord, forum chatbox and teamspeak, will lead to an immediate termination and denial of the application.
4. Failing to answer questions will lead to the termination and denial of the application.
5. False information will lead to the termination and denial of the application.
6. Failing to meet the minimum requirements laid out by the template will lead to either the application being placed on a temporary hold until requirements are met, or it will be terminated and denied.
8. Knowledge of the ULX Commands are not essential when applying but it is recommended and preferred that applicants expand their knowledge prior to applying or while the application is active.

I, Queball, agree to the terms stated above and accept that if my application is successful, I am henceforth a representative of Imperial Gaming and will act maturely and responsibly. I accept and will respect the powers that are given unto me with my position. I will only use the power given to me to enhance the experience of the members of the community. I accept that any abuse of these privileges comes with the risk of termination from the staff team. I accept that I may be demoted at any given time without prior warning or valid reason. I, the applicant, am well aware of the server rules and to the best of my ability will uphold and enforce these rules.

Edited by Cueball
  • Upvote 3

+1

• Great application with answers that elaborate thoroughly. Que has clearly taken his time to learn the ins and outs of the role in order to comfortably, and confidently apply.
  • Event ideas allow for multiple, entirely different outcomes, each dependent on players. This proves Queball is aware of how player involvement can change the course of an event, and how he is prepared for this to take place.
  • On Queball's character, he is always ready to develop roleplay, he is a valuable member of the community, and he would certainly be a trustworthy candidate with the role of Event Master.

Great job on the application and good luck, Queball!

- clab

• Like 1

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I could say so many things about why Queball deserves this position, but his actions in game and out of character speaks for itself. 

Queball's dedication to everything he does is top notch, I remember the days when I was in engineers with him staying up till 2-4am watching him get the biggest dupes done for people.

He is literally the nicest person I have ever met 

All the best Queball!

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I legit cannot find any reason to not +1 you...

• Like 1

Massive +1

Too many reasons to state man.
Your dedication is off the chart, like people have mentioned and you are also one of the most controlled, enthusiastic, nicest, etc, person I've met. 

12 hours ago, Cueball said:

Ultimately, I feel true fun, enjoyment and inclusion comes from placing the fate of the story in the hands of the players, and enables the most growth. This gives people the power over their own story, or the power to react to how the story flows with them, or against them, thanks to the actions of others.

Great way to put it ^. I may of only known you for the last couple of months as I'm relatively new, but I already see that you can fit into the role perfectly.

Can't wait to see your awesome events, building knowledge + skills put into the community's events.
Couldn't have a better CO and can't wait to see you as an EM.

You don't even need luck, you'll pass with flying colours mate:D

• Sad 1
  • Arkan locked this topic