I didn’t know what I was walking into when I first joined Australian Star Wars RP back in late 2017. It was an interesting time for me. I had not long built a brand new computer after years of saving and pining for a better setup than a laptop that couldn’t even run Minecraft, so I had a few new options on the table. Gaming-wise. But there was something that attracted me about Garry’s Mod. Whether it was the multiple different gamemodes you could play, the immersive physics engine, or even just the promise of people to play and interact with, it was one amongst many other games that I began adding to my brand new and growing Steam Library.

Suffice it to say, I’m glad that I made those choices. I joined SWRP with the intent to give it a really good shot. I was a minge at times, even when I didn’t really know that I was, but I learned, learned, and then learned some more. And it was at that point that I began to make some really good friends.

Plutonic and the Medical Troopers of early IG took me under their wing, and I can safely say that without them, I probably wouldn’t have stuck around. It was experience after experience, memory after memory, so much so that after I learnt that my new computer possessed the power of instant replay, I began capturing some of these moments and made them into compilations that would span across an entirety of four years, in three different communities.

It was a shame that the great split of February 2018 tore the grand percentage of Australian’s SWRP community right down the middle, but somehow, I feel like that it needed to happen. We all grew and became more of an individual on these servers, developing our own playstyles, characters and personalities as if it was a D&D game.

It wasn’t until January of 2019 when Republic Gaming came to a grinding halt, that I decided to give it up. I had immersed myself too deeply into the world to the point where it was becoming a distraction, more so than a regular gaming hobby, and I didn’t want that in my life. I still occasionally hung out in other games with some of the friends I’d made, but that too even drifted apart over time. See, I’m an extremely laid back type of person. I don’t jump headfirst into scenarios, I’m always overly cautious, and online friendships are a brittle thing due to the fact that I just don’t have the initiative to start something and remain dedicated to it.

But over a year ago, I realized something. Sterling, the ex-owner of Republic Gaming, was right to shut it down for the reasons he did. Imperial Gaming was, at its core, where everything all began. Where my experience began. And for the most part, it handled Star Wars lore and the universe extremely well. The military parts of it were also extremely sophisticated, and the immersion in roleplay? You couldn’t make this stuff up even if you tried. I’ll admit that things can still get a little stale from time to time, but management know how to shake things up a bit when they need to, and now we have a Minecraft server.

So at the beginning of 2019, I swore to myself never to return to SWRP just because of the amount of dedication that was required was just becoming too much for me. But just over a year later, in 2020, some real-life events took a turn for the worst, and I suddenly found myself craving an escape. Regular gaming, whether multiplayer or otherwise, would not do me justice. I needed the camaraderie back. The social interaction. The experience. And it was at this point that I found myself taken under the wing once more, by none other than Misahu and the Shock Troopers. And that's one of the greatest things about this community.

I didn’t ask for my old rank back or anything that I had previously from all those years ago. I simply wanted to recreate the experience that I had once lived, for the first time, by starting once more from scratch. And whilst it was nothing like the OG days, it was nice to see some familiar faces and it was great to get to know some new ones. It was certainly the best thing I could have done for myself at the time.

So, with that being said, thank you. Whether I ran off to other servers or not, without Imperial Gaming I wouldn’t have developed into the person I have. You started it all, and there are far too many people to thank for the perfectly positioned nudges that I needed along the way. Although, I think you’ll know who you are.

Therefore, it is with a great honor that I, once again, bid farewell to Star Wars RP. I’m sure I’ll return in one way or another, (I always do…) but for the moment my interests lie outside of Garry’s Mod, and my momentum in the community has come to a near-halt. As much as I want to bring back Rescue Troopers, as much as I want to be the best Staff Member I can be, and as much as I want to do my part by leading the Medical Company back into its former glory, it's long overdue that I take a considerable step back from Star Wars RP as a whole. It's safe to say that I have done my time, and I have immensely enjoyed the experience overall. I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

...TL;DR, I'm taking a considerable step back from Garry's Mod. I wish you all and this community the very best for the future, in whatever endeavors you may have. I’ll see you all around.

Much Love,
- Greyback x
The Man, the Meme, The Myth

Edited by Greyback
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 10
  • Upvote 1

Gonna miss you dude, it was  fun knowing you ( still waiting for Rescue Trooper O.o)

-Best of luck in your future Greyback

-Jonathan (Ved) 

Edited by Jonathan
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Greyback said:

Misahu and the Shock Troopers.

Ah yes those were some good times for sure. Sad to see you go buddy definitely one of the best people to interact with on the server and I good friend if I daringly say. Though we haven't talked as much since those shock days I do hope that you been alright and good luck in all future endeavours. o7 my friend.

• Like 2

Good Luck Greyback with what ever life brings you, I’m sure you will succeed.

Maybe one day we can recreate something similar to what we all had in shock with misahu, sterling etc.

Nevertheless, o7 

• Poggers 1

I never got the chance to meet you properly but I always heard amazing things about you, you will be missed but I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and when the time comes for you to return to the community I'd love to get you know you.

o7

/|

/|\

• Sad 1
On 7/18/2021 at 11:12 PM, Veteran said:

you're one of the last real OG's left

there's quite a number of us still kicking around.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:34 PM, Bibleman said:

Soon us 2017/2016 players will all be gone…

Soon man, soon.

Goodbye Shock Trusted Legend, here is one of the many photos ive captured, but this one is my favourite. It highlights you leaving in style, and i do hope you make it back here one day should you need us.

20210703220655_1.jpg

• Like 1