Matrix's Trial Moderator Application

Player Server Profile Information

In-Game Name (Most Identifiable): Grand Inquisitor (Otherwise just Matrix)

SteamID32: STEAM_0:0:121909584

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/MatriixM8/ 

Time Played (UTime): 2vFGkboZ0Lm2CJumkwXEMwpsIMGpOZF6mDbhrWkwP0dujk-xeuO97EttzBFp_929Q8OpRfByZBJrPH3j12CxGAz7NCDe-i46opNcs-JKxEF2PO0zN5hWHY_TudoJJzE0O7MJ29Yq

Player History

Have you had any warnings in the past? If so, please list them: I have had none

Have you had any bans in the past? If so, please list them: I have had none

Have you had any similar positions (Staff, PAC3, Developer) on other servers? If so, please list them: I was in staff on other servers years ago, but in my opinion my most relevant experience is the time I’ve had in staff here. I was a Moderator from June 2019-December 2020. I also currently possess PAC3 on the server. 

Basic Reasoning Questions

Why should you be given this position over others?: I’d like to argue that what separates me from others is my patience as well as my experience. In a tough situation, I am able to wait and listen to consider the opinions of all rather than coming to a hasty decision regardless of how one party may be acting. I also hate having negative relations with other people, which is why I try to aim to always be kind and welcoming of others even if we get off on the wrong foot. I treat others the same way that I would want them to treat me, allowing for a sense of mutual respect amongst all.

Why should you be trusted with this position? and do you believe others think of you with the same perspective?: Personally, I believe that I’ve always strived to be fair to others regardless of their history or current standing when it comes to dealing with tense situations. In my opinion, I have been a loyal and dedicated member of the community since I started in 2018 and like to think that since I’ve been here that I’ve tried my best to enhance everyone’s experience of the server, whether it be RP, talking to them OOC or dealing with situations as a Moderator and hope that others would agree with me. 

Why are you applying for this position?: I’m applying because I’d like to get more involved with the wider community as I did in the past. I enjoyed being able to lend a hand to whoever needed it, and in the last couple months whenever I’ve seen someone that needed help from a moderator and I was unable, it prompted me to step up once again and make a difference. I’d simply like to be given the opportunity to express the part of myself that seeks to be selfless rather than just enjoying the RP that the server provides and letting others do the job. In this, I am able to give back to the community which has provided and given me great friendships, experiences and enjoyment for such a long time. 

Before we continue, anything else you’d like to add?: No.

Moderator Reasoning Questions

You see a civilian killing others without an obvious roleplay reasoning behind it, what do you do?:

First, I’d try to interact with them in RP to try and get an understanding of why they killed the individuals in question. If I’m unable to get a straight answer from them, I would ask the people they killed OOC why they were killed to understand other perspectives. Based on what I heard, I would then either let it go or then check plogs to make certain I knew how many people they RDMed. After that, I would bring the individual to a secluded area and speak to them about it, set them back to their usual role and check warns to see if they have any already for RDM. Based on their previous warns and how many people they killed, I would either warn them or ban them. 

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?

I would immediately pull up plogs and note down their steamid as well as all of their kills. Rather than hastily punish them, I would contact those that he killed and get more of an understanding about what happened and his motives behind killing the people. Depending on if they were guilty and how many they killed, I would either ban them myself for a few days to a week or contact a senior staff member to permaban them if it was a severe amount of people.

A user has been given tools for training. You soon discover they are using the tools to prop kill and prop block. What course of action do you take?: First, I would strip their tools, delete their props and bring them to a secluded area. Then I would speak to them and make them understand how severe it is what they just did. I would then check their warns to see if they had misused tools or RDMed in the past. If they hadn’t I would warn them appropriately for RDM and abuse of tools. If they had, I would contact an Admin+ if they were a repeat offender of tool abuse to give them a potential tool blacklist. If they had numerous previous RDM warns, I would ban them.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?: I would first break up whatever bullying it is that I saw. I would then kindly request to speak to the victim through either TS or discord or whatever’s easier for them. After this I’d ask them to tell their side of the story and reassure them/help them however I could. Then, I would kindly request any form of evidence they may potentially have of the bullying so the bully could be given a just punishment. Then, I would confront the bully and speak to them about what they had been doing, explaining clearly that bullying is not tolerated in the community and warn them ingame, then I would monitor the situation over the next couple weeks to make sure it had stopped completely and the victim was okay.

A player enters the servers and begins to make racial slurs. What do you do?:

I would immediately pull them away and tell them that racism is demeaning and against server rules. I would warn them and then monitor them for the next 10-15 minutes. If they stopped, I would leave it. If they continue, I would warn them appropriately and potentially ban them based on how many times they offend.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. What do you do?

I would immediately take down their steamid as well as evidence of them threatening the server. I would then immediately contact a member of senior staff to permaban them, DDOS threats are not only against server rules, they are illegal and deserve the appropriate punishment.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?

As I always have shadowplay on, I would immediately take down the recording and  continue to monitor their actions whilst I contact management to explain the situation and provide evidence. If no members of management were available, and there were no senior staff members online I could contact to assist with the immediate issue, I would attempt to confront them myself to get them to stop doing whatever they were doing if the abuse was ongoing.

Terms of Application

1. Application bumps are viable after a total of 7 days following the last bump/post. If the application is bumped prior to the minimum amount of days it is liable for denial.

2. Any member of the community is allowed to provide feedback by posting a “+1” or “-1” and can present evidence to support their vote. 

3. Advertisement of applications in any form, including but not limited to, in or out of character chat, discord, forum chatbox and teamspeak, will lead to an immediate termination and denial of the application.

4. Failing to answer questions will lead to the termination and denial of the application.

5. False information will lead to the termination and denial of the application.

6. Failing to meet the minimum requirements laid out by the template will lead to either the application being placed on a temporary hold until requirements are met, or it will be terminated and denied.

8. Knowledge of the ULX Commands are not essential when applying but it is recommended and preferred that applicants expand their knowledge prior to applying or while the application is active.

I, Matrix, agree to the terms stated above and accept that if my application is successful, I am henceforth a representative of Imperial Gaming and will act maturely and responsibly. I accept and will respect the powers that are given unto me with my position. I will only use the power given to me to enhance the experience of the members of the community. I accept that any abuse of these privileges comes with the risk of termination from the staff team. I accept that I may be demoted at any given time without prior warning or valid reason. I, the applicant, am well aware of the server rules and to the best of my ability will uphold and enforce these rules.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 4

+1

Known Matrix for a long time, he's a real great guy, loyal to the community and wants to help where he can. 

Best of luck,

Death

• Upvote 1

+1 

- Previous Mod experience (ULX Commands, dealing with claims ETC)

- Able to make good decision making

- Mature

- Well known within IG

- Active

I wish you the best of luck in achieving staff once more.

Edited by Kippy
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Kippy said:

+1 

- Mature

- Well known within IG

- Active

+1
Really good bloke, should defs get accepted 

• Upvote 1

+1

Smort

Friendly

Reasonable and overall has shown capabilities of a moderators and has been one before. i see no reason to -1

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Kippy said:

+1 

- Mature

- Well known within IG

- Active

+1

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Bibleman said:

(Lets see if I get politically censored again)

Do you have any feedback for him or his application?

Edited by Yuri
Adjusted Sentence
  • Haha 2
  • Poggers 1
  • Upvote 1

+1 I've always had good dealings with Matrix he's been mature and easy to work with. He was a good staff member before and I'm sure he'll be a good staff member now.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Luigi locked this topic