Application Template  | @Cecil said its good for me to apply

Player Server Profile Information

In-Game Name (Most Identifiable): Crispin

SteamID32:  STEAM_0:1:54183216

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068632161/

Time Played (UTime): 1 weekish 4 weeks before wipe

Player History

Have you had any warnings in the past? If so, please list them:

1 warning for probation (NOW OFF PROBATION)

Have you had any bans in the past? If so, please list them:

1x community ban for couple years ago

Have you had any similar positions (Staff, PAC3, Developer) on other servers? If so, please list them:

Imperial Gaming | Event Master (Halo RP)
Imperial Gaming | Event Master (Imperial RP)

Empire Gaming | Administrator

Claymore Gaming | Senior Administrator
Mobsters RP | Head Administrator & Staff Manager

Basic Reasoning Questions

Why should you be given this position over others?:

The amount of experience I have staffing throughout the years has only increased, I think I would be a viable asset to the team with my knowledge on how to deal with majority of situations. I am an active member of the community who is always trying to assist others in time of need. With my previous experience especially in the star wars scene, I think I would be a suitable candidate over others considering I have been in a similar position previously. I have a calm and collected personality which has developed into helping others whenever I can. I can remain calm in stressful situations and work with people who are trying to make your day worse.

Why should you be trusted with this position? and do you believe others think of you with the same perspective?:

I think trust will be a small issue that I will have to overcome but it has been a couple months of me being back on the server and I have successfully completed probation without any hiccups, I think once the people start seeing my action in work, they will have a different view on me. I believe I can be trusted with the position because there is a trial stage of the moderating team where I will be put to the test. That being said, I believe the trial stage will be similar to my probationary period and I can show my true colours and show my true self. A quote by Anton Chekov summarises my beliefs. He says "You must trust and believe in people or life becomes impossible". The meaning behind the quote is that you must over come the grudges you have against people to better the community, see someone for what they have become not what they were.

Why are you applying for this position?:

I have been a member of Imperial Gaming for about 4 years now and I believe I want to right my wrongs within the community by giving back. I think the position as trial staff will give me the opportunity to look behind my past and show the community my reformed self. After many years of being locked away, I found this quote by Daisaku Ikeda to be one of the big reasons of changing my ways, “it is impossible to build one's own happiness on the unhappiness of others. This perspective is at the heart of Buddhist teachings.” This quote means a lot because its baseline meaning suggests that you cannot build your happiness by hurting others. This is what I have seen others do around me and I know now that this is not the way to find happiness. In order to find your own happiness, you should always help others, they don't need to ask for your help. This position of trial moderator will be a chance to help others in the community with small things and help lessen the load off the current staff team.

Before we continue, anything else you’d like to add?:

Moderator Reasoning Questions

You see a civilian killing others without an obvious roleplay reasoning behind it, what do you do?:
First of all, I would bring the civilian up to a roof away from others and then I would talk to him. I would ask him why RDM'd that individual. If he had no obvious roleplay reasoning, I would then explain that the civilian job is to create passive RP on the server and is not a TDM class. I would then ask him again on what his intentions are moving forward, if he doesn't take what I'm giving him then I would set him back to ST and check his prior history for RDM. If he doesn't have history, then I would give him a verbal warning and tell him to not do it again. If he is understanding of the situation and admits he did wrong, then I would let him go and continue as a civilian.

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
I would open up logs and grab that persons steam ID, I would then search him up to see if the person has any prior warnings, I would take that persons prior warnings into account depending on the amount of prior punishments. I would then give him time to reconnect (10 minutes) and if they fail to reconnect in the given time, I would then proceed to ban them for the appropriate amount of time for MASS RDM and LTAP (Mass deathmatch and leaving to avoid punishment). If I am unable to ban for the appropriate amount of time, I would request a higher member of staff to increase the ban length.

A user has been given tools for training. You soon discover they are using the tools to prop kill and prop block. What course of action do you take?:

I would immediately teleport to that person and I would strip them, I would then let them know what they have done is a direct violation against the rules. I would have setup my bind when giving tools to say that if they abuse the tools then appropriate punishment will be given out. Before I punish the individual, I would get more information about their abuse to get both sides of the story. Once I have done that, I would then look at their prior history of tools abuse. I believe there is a tool blacklist used among staff to blacklist a user from using tools. I would issue the appropriate staff punishment and place them on the list of blacklist for a reasonable amount of time.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:

I think bullying is a serious issue within the community, I would immediately contact the victim in the situation and ask them if they are okay and give them some moral support. If the person bullying has malicious intent then I would immediately contact senior staff to help resolve the issue because it is a serious offence. Once a senior member of staff is there, I would provide them with any information I have available about the incident and ask if they require my help with the case. If they require my help then I will help with anything I can.

A player enters the servers and begins to make racial slurs. What do you do?:

I would teleport to the person and talk to him first, I would check if he is a new member of the community or a veteran. I would inform them about the rules within the community and the rules about racial slurs and bigotry comments. If the person is obliging and apologies for their actions, then I would issue them a verbal warning about the incident and move them along. If either the member of the community is old and knows the rules or non compliant, then I would issue the appropriate punishment towards the individual for racism. At Imperial Gaming, we do not have a tolerance to racist comments as we are a multicultural community.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. What do you do?

I would immediately teleport to them and issue an appropriate punishment to the individual as we have no tolerance to people who threaten the community with malicious and illegal acts towards the community itself.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?

I would record the entire situation and then report it to senior staff as I believe it isn't my place to step in to an abusive admin and it should be left to the leadership team to decide whether or not that is misuse of power.

Terms of Application

1. Application bumps are viable after a total of 7 days following the last bump/post. If the application is bumped prior to the minimum amount of days it is liable for denial.
2. Any member of the community is allowed to provide feedback by posting a “+1” or “-1” and can present evidence to support their vote. 
3. Advertisement of applications in any form, including but not limited to, in or out of character chat, discord, forum chatbox and teamspeak, will lead to an immediate termination and denial of the application.
4. Failing to answer questions will lead to the termination and denial of the application.
5. False information will lead to the termination and denial of the application.
6. Failing to meet the minimum requirements laid out by the template will lead to either the application being placed on a temporary hold until requirements are met, or it will be terminated and denied.
8. Knowledge of the ULX Commands are not essential when applying but it is recommended and preferred that applicants expand their knowledge prior to applying or while the application is active.

I,Crispin, agree to the terms stated above and accept that if my application is successful, I am henceforth a representative of Imperial Gaming and will act maturely and responsibly. I accept and will respect the powers that are given unto me with my position. I will only use the power given to me to enhance the experience of the members of the community. I accept that any abuse of these privileges comes with the risk of termination from the staff team. I accept that I may be demoted at any given time without prior warning or valid reason. I, the applicant, am well aware of the server rules and to the best of my ability will uphold and enforce these rules.

Edited by Crispin
  • Thinking 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Upvote 8

Fat -1

I don't know you all that much but I have seen you a decent amount in game. you have showed you cannot act mature in RP being blacklisted from multiple regiments from being a minge/idiot. I generally thought you would have been re banned with the amount of minging you were doing after being unbanned. you are not mature in the slightest. until you can show you can actually be mature in game and that's a lot coming from me I will be leaving Negative support.

Edit: the fact you downvote my post just shows how immature you are. 

Edited by Chubbs
  • Disagree 2
  • Downvote 5
  • Upvote 3
42 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Fat -1

I don't know you all that much but I have seen you a decent amount in game. you have showed you cannot act mature in RP being blacklisted from multiple regiments from being a minge/idiot. I generally thought you would have been re banned with the amount of minging you were doing after being unbanned. you are not mature in the slightest. until you can show you can actually be mature in game and that's a lot coming from me I will be leaving Negative support.

I think you're a nice bloke in general, however, I dont think you are trusted within the community. Through my interactions with you in and outside of my own regiment. You were really hard to work with, you didnt tend to listen to what I had to say and I found you quite ignorant. No personal hate, but i dont think you are fit for being a mod at this moment.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

Neutral (is subject to change)

--------------------------------

| - I haven't seen you on the server in a while (Not sure if you are on an LOA or something along those lines)

| - You don't currently have the best reputation in the community (But I do understand that is more based on what you did in the past)

| - I don't believe you're quite ready yet for the position (I do understand it's a trial, but give it some more time

| - Answers are detailed and in depth

| - Has a lot of past experience

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also what is your current playtime and if possible, could you provide a photo?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck with your application, Crispin.

Edited by Yuri
Autocorrect
  • Upvote 1

-1 Sorry Crispin but since your return to the community I personally have seen little to no improvement in your behaviour. I'm over your past and I've tried to give you a fresh chance, but you've still been a massive minge barely squeezing past receiving warnings many times during your probation, still being a minge and making the lives of ST difficult. For someone who repeats that they are reformed over and over again, are you really?

Now onto your application, it's pretty well written but a bit repetitive.

You've got quite a bit of experienc

Overall my decision is still a -1 but good luck with your application

• Disagree 1
  • Upvote 3
13 hours ago, Joel said:

in your behaviour. I'm over your past and I've tried to give you a fresh chance, but you've still been a massive minge barely squeezing past receiving warnings many times during your probation, still being a minge and making the lives of ST difficult. For someone who repeats that they are reformed over and over again, are you really?

You also have multiple counts of RDM and Fail role play.

Not to mention the added minging.

EDIT: Make it so we can actually vote on your application.

Edit: And i can't share an opinion either now

image.png.148294cb4b7c1393d5fc2df8aef8049f.png 

Edited by Strix
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Strix said:

EDIT: Make it so we can actually vote on your application.

Pretty sure the new application templates are apparently set up to not have the voting thing automatically included. Pretty sure that's intentional but @Bailey can correct me if I'm incorrect.

Edited by yeff
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, yeff said:

Pretty sure the new application templates are apparently set up to not have the voting thing automatically included. Pretty sure that's intentional but @Bailey can correct me if I'm incorrect.

yes

• Disagree 1

Gonna have to be a Strong -1 from me on this one. 

Whilst I think the application is fairly well done, I believe it simply hasn't been enough time since your unban for you to take a role such as this. As stated by others, the way you are perceived in a community has a massive impact on your ability as a moderator. Trust is a key component in being an effective staff member. The community needs to feel like they can rely on you when they need you, and from what i've seen based on the comments, this does not appear to be the case YET. Perhaps with some more time, your reputation will become more positive and I hope you are able to become a valued member in the community overall.

Your enemies are always your biggest critics, so I would definitely start there if you are trying to rebuild your reputation. It's definitely not an easy thing to fix, but sometimes that is the challenge you have to face to get what you want, in this case being a staff position. Putting in the effort to try and rebuild hostile relationships will say a lot about your character and your determination for this position.

I'd also like to say, I think it's great that you were unbanned and given another chance to play with your homies. You all seem to be quite close as you can see them showing their support on this application. I would advise caution in the future with this however, downvoting posts because they did not show support of the application is quite immature and can be perceived as quite a negative thing. As mentioned earlier, i'm sure the intention was just to show support, but I believe it has created quite a toxic atmosphere around this application which is the opposite of what you want.

If your application is successful, I hope you are given a fair chance without bias from your past. Best of luck to you,

Death

EDIT: -1 has been changed to a strong -1 due to disappointing, disgusting and overall toxic behaviour from Crispin's friends. Application should be denied purely on this basis. If the individual cannot conduct himself in an appropriate manner on a STAFF APPLICATION, how could he be trusted with the role?

Edited by Death
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2

+1 Crispin's been around for years and although the questionable past, he's changed and developed into a well charismatic character with great performance outstanding most in administration fields when struck with socially complex twists and turns. 

"He's a minge" "he wont change" "bad man bad" 

As said by Lewis Smedes  "To forgive is to let a prisoner free and to discover the prisoner was you" now take a moment to let that sink in, this man was a prisoner for 4years and now has the chance to fall back into the community, a gracious chance for any to prove themselves to their fellow members.

"We think that forgiveness is weakness, but it absolutely is not; it takes a very strong person to forgive" - T.D Jakes

May we all make the right judgement for a now free man, thankyou.

• Agree 3

-1 for the following reasons

1. You don't seem reliable or trustworthy enough to become a mod.

2. You have not provided a screenshot of your player time.

3. You have downvoted people who have posted negative support, instead talk to those individuals and ask how you can do better

4. Since you were community banned, you shouldn't even be able to apply for any position on IG but that is just my opinion. 

Edited by Galle
  • Disagree 1
  • Upvote 6

From my point of view, being community banned previously should personally render that individual being unable to be staff in the future in any capacity, even still, your behaviour on the server currently combined with the previous community ban absolutely does not prove that you can be a capable staff member, instead proving the opposite as I have had issues with you previously when I have attempted to help you, instead choosing not to listen to me and make things more difficult, which proves to me that you can be rather childish and troublesome. Your written portion of the application is fairly decent but I believe your image is far too tarred with negativity to even give a small amount of consideration for you in any role pertinent to the server, not just moderator. I do implore you to try and fix this as I honestly do not think you might be around on the server long if this current behaviour continues due to the aforementioned previous community ban and being on a permanent probational period.

Strong -1

• Disagree 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2

+1

Despite the obvious brigading and attacks on crispin's character without providing any ACTUAL proof of their claims, Crispin has probably had more experience staffing a variety of servers and situations than most of the people -1ing him. Crispin has proved to be capable of the tasks and responsibilities tied to the role of a Trial Moderator and any attempt to verify these claims of his staffing experience on any of the server's listed will show that crispin was actually an assest to their community.

If you intend to -1 and claim crispin has mass RDMed despite being on probation and in close contact with Cecil, at least post proof of these claims. Remember that the foundation of our judical system revolves around the ideas of Innocence until proven guilty and the burden of proof being on the accusers. Instead of blindy following word of mouth from your friends who haven't been in contact with crispin please attempt to do some basic research on the topic rather than following mob mentality.

@Cammers

Seeing as you disagreed with me, could you explain why? Or is this another attempt to brigade against people supporting crispin?

Nice one buddy, At least I bothered to research this topic and realise crispin isn't actually on probation anymore, shows how little effort you took before you brigaded against him or people calling you out on a low effort post

Edited by gamerman
  • Thinking 2
  • Downvote 5
  • Upvote 5
1 hour ago, gamerman said:

Remember that the foundation of our judical system revolves around the ideas of Innocence until proven guilty and the burden of proof being on the accusers

So firstly I don't know Crispin that well personally. So I'll be leaving a neutral on this application leaning towards -1 however based on what I have heard from various community members regarding his activity since his unban.

However reading this response here I wanted to address it. As the way this is framed is as if the moderator application is a court case. That's a false equivalency, this isn't a court case he isn't being charged with any kind of crime or at risk of being banned if his application fails.

This is a job application if you want a comparison. Crispin is applying for a position of power within the community, In order to attain that position he is going through a interview and part of this interview is this stage. Where community members can publicly come forward to give their opinions on Crispin and how he appears to them. And the burden is on him to improve his reputation and convince those people to support him.

Again I have no direct issues with Crispin personally but I dislike the idea of the discussion here getting muddled by such a false equivalency. Innocent until proven guilty is a right. Getting given a position of power? That's not a right. 

• Upvote 3

Defaming someone with the intent to sway an outcome with no actual proof to support claims is immoral, the fact that people are claiming he is on probation still despite cecil clearing him as stated in the OP shows how little effort these people have gone to before formulating an opinion based on word of mouth despite half of them joining IG in 2020 and having no interaction with crispin and then downvoting people who call them out.

If I accused a member of this community of breaking the rules I'd be expected to post proof of my claim or face punishment from the staff team for false claims, yet because Crispin has been banned previously they therefore can accuse him of these acts and no one bothers to verify their claims, its quite interesting seeing the double standard the community has towards members that a circle of players do and do not like.

Edited by gamerman
  • Upvote 4

04/05/2021 May the fourth event for IG

Crispin and another person that went by the name of hadeon had shot multiple people in the back mid event and even tried to kill people with intent multiple times.

After this said event that took place we called staff member with binny and greyback coming to this sit.

The logs weren't far enough to go far enough so he got away without any sort of punishment.

People that were victims of this were mainly ST's and the people that had gotten to tell me this was @Veteran and other members that don't use forums.

• Thinking 1
  • Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Strix said:

04/05/2021 May the fourth event for IG

Crispin and another person that went by the name of hadeon had shot multiple people in the back mid event and even tried to kill people with intent multiple times.

After this said event that took place we called staff member with binny and greyback coming to this sit.

The logs weren't far enough to go far enough so he got away without any sort of punishment.

People that were victims of this were mainly ST's and the people that had gotten to tell me this was @Veteran and other members that don't use forums.

Proof?

10/02/2021

Strix went onto the server and Mass RDMed, but the logs didnt go back far enough so he got away with it without punishment.

I don't need to post proof because the person who told me this happened doesnt use the forums

Edited by gamerman
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, gamerman said:

Proof?

10/02/2021

Strix went onto the server and Mass RDMed, but the logs didnt go back far enough so he got away with it without punishment.

I don't need to post proof because the person who told me this happened doesnt use the forums

I was there, no proof needed because all you need is my word.. idk logs dont go back that far idk what to tell you...

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Death said:

EDIT: -1 has been changed to a strong -1 due to disappointing, disgusting and overall toxic behaviour from Crispin's friends. Application should be denied purely on this basis. If the individual cannot conduct himself in an appropriate manner on a STAFF APPLICATION, how could he be trusted with the role?

On this basis half of the staff team wouldnt be staff due to the actions of their friends. Please attempt to use some logic before defaming crispin

• Downvote 3
  • Upvote 3

Aight, this has gone to shit. I'm locking it, Management can observe and make a judgement on the application.

I always dislike when people start going for the throat, grow up.

• Agree 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Bailey locked this topic
  • Advisor

Denied

Due to community feedback and previous issues, I do not believe you are fit to staff on Imperial Gaming.

Feel free to apply in 3 months.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 3