In Game Name: Eclipse

In Game Rank: Cadet

In Game Regiment: Stormtroopers

Ban Details

image.png.02daa28fa4f1b029389aaf43fec068dd.png

How long was the ban for: Permanent

Which staff member banned you: CONSOLE

What date did the ban occur: 7/05/2021

What was the reason for the ban:    Automatically banned for attempting to exploit.

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned: I often go around finding exploits on server to then report to their development/management team. I decided I'd inspect Imperial Gaming's system. In hindsight I probably should've spoken to a member of the development team prior to doing so.

Whilst doing this I found an exploit on the server (not the one I got banned for) which had potentially server breaking effects. This exploit was then reported to Stryker and has since been patched.

After finding the previous exploit I found "NPCTools"  which has a known exploit. Upon testing the exploit I was met with a ban screen.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance:

I've been apart of the community for an extended period time, achieving LT Colonel, Junior Moderator and Junior Developer. I've contributed a fair wack to the community such as many, many spreadsheet systems and templates. When I attempt to find exploit it isn't malicious, I do it so it can be reported and patched.

• Facepalm 1
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 10

Has good Intentions, Next time just make sure you contact someone in the DevTeam before you do it so we know what's going on and can relay it amongst the team. :)
Also went through the appeal process instead of just asking to be unbanned, respect +support.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Stryker said:

Has good Intentions, Next time just make sure you contact someone in the DevTeam before you do it so we know what's going on and can relay it amongst the team. :)
Also went through the appeal process instead of just asking to be unbanned, respect +support.

+Support
Pretty much sums it up.

No proof of bad intentions, though usually is always good to let high staff know to make sure it's alright to do these things as it's a little bit wonky at best even with good intentions for the server. Nonetheless you seem to know you made a bad decision and not to do said thing again. Props to you.

+1 with no probation

+support everyone deserves chances. I hope you get back in and have some fun. Everyone has pretty much summed it all up as well. :)

Edited by Cracked
18 hours ago, Eclipse said:

I often go around finding exploits on server to then report to their development/management team. I decided I'd inspect Imperial Gaming's system. In hindsight I probably should've spoken to a member of the development team prior to doing so.

Silly duffa.

+1 for unban.

• Upvote 1

+1

• Good Intentions
  • Long time member of the community
  • Has done alot to get the server where it is today

Good to see you again Eclipse, hope to see you on the server :)

• 2 weeks later...

Accepted

You will be placed on a two week probabation upon being unbanned, you should be unbanned by this afternoon or tomorrow.

Make sure you have a read over the server rules, and keep in mind what the Development Team has said.