Caboose's Ban Appeal

I worked very closely with Caboose in the early and late days of our time in EG together and he's a genuine guy from all interactions I've had with the man and he's one of the kindest and most passionate guys you'll meet online.. Sure everyone has there moments and that's what we do.. we mess up and we live and learn from it and it shapes our futures and reminds us of our past.

I never experienced all the negative rumors about Caboose and I spent a lot of time and late nights in voice chats with this guy planning out the server with the team we had so that it could be the best experience we could bring to Gmod and yeah unfortunately we had some bad apples in the team that did do some questionable things towards IG, even some of the players who were waiting/playing on EG did questionable things and we never wanted any of that to happen and I feel like Caboose cops more blame for it just because he was the owner of it, he funded it out of passion and all he wanted was to see it grow and expand from nothing and I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me the person and developer I am today.

The mans has apologized and reflected on his actions and I'm a big believer in second chances for old and returning players and its always great to see old faces around.

Good luck Brother you always have my +Support

• Upvote 1

I'd just like to say that I was never around for EG so I don't have a great frame of reference for that time. During my time playing swrp in the past half year or so however I was able to observe you on a different server briefly where you and Tucker were both IHC and saw that you both were phenomenal players.

I'm going to be +1ing this because while I personally am not fully aware of the rivalry that lead to the ban between eg and ig, I believe a suitable amount of time has passed and that you're fully able to be a great member of the community.

Edited by yeff
  • Agree 2
  • Upvote 2

Caboose, I have nothing but good memories of you. I genuinely have nothing negative to say here, you have shown yourself to be not only a good member of a community but a good person in general. In saying all this I was never around for all the drama between IG and EG, I have heard some things but even still it is so long ago at this point and I see no reason that it should hold you back today. As such this is a very easy +1 from me.

• Upvote 3

Just some questions I'd like answered before I put an opinion in here,

Firstly, are you still the Server Manager / Senior Admin for Gateway's ImperialRP? If yes, a follow up question, if you still Manage there, why would you want to be unbanned here?
Secondly, the chat you had with Wolf and Whitey was indeed true but as @Wolf and @Whitey have stated in the past, they forgave you but told you that you no longer had a place in the Community.

I am not against you returning to the Community by any means, but I'd just like my questions answered and I've also @'d Wolf and Whitey as this is one of many recent appeals they should have an opinion on.

My opinion is subject to change.
Good luck with your appeal.

• Disagree 4
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Just some questions I'd like answered before I put an opinion in here,

Firstly, are you still the Server Manager / Senior Admin for Gateway's ImperialRP? If yes, a follow up question, if you still Manage there, why would you want to be unbanned here?
Secondly, the chat you had with Wolf and Whitey was indeed true but as @Wolf and @Whitey have stated in the past, they forgave you but told you that you no longer had a place in the Community.

I am not against you returning to the Community by any means, but I'd just like my questions answered and I've also @'d Wolf and Whitey as this is one of many recent appeals they should have an opinion on.

I am no longer a staff member on Gateway.

• Upvote 5
48 minutes ago, Stryker said:

I worked very closely with Caboose in the early and late days of our time in EG together and he's a genuine guy from all interactions I've had with the man and he's one of the kindest and most passionate guys you'll meet online.. Sure everyone has there moments and that's what we do.. we mess up and we live and learn from it and it shapes our futures and reminds us of our past.

I never experienced all the negative rumors about Caboose and I spent a lot of time and late nights in voice chats with this guy planning out the server with the team we had so that it could be the best experience we could bring to Gmod and yeah unfortunately we had some bad apples in the team that did do some questionable things towards IG, even some of the players who were waiting/playing on EG did questionable things and we never wanted any of that to happen and I feel like Caboose cops more blame for it just because he was the owner of it, he funded it out of passion and all he wanted was to see it grow and expand from nothing and I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me the person and developer I am today.

The mans has apologized and reflected on his actions and I'm a big believer in second chances for old and returning players and its always great to see old faces around.

Good luck Brother you always have my +Support

^^ Pretty much sums up my post +1

crispin has a few words to express. "I have known Caboose for 5 years now, hes a real nice guy,upstanding member of the community and a veteran of IG. He ummm he laid the foundations to make IG how it is today. I believe caboose should be given another chance like how I was given one.

suna has a few words to express. "wassup. Caboose is a good guy, he worked with my Dad for a few years and I only heard great things about him."

Edited by Banks
dabois opinion but bigger
  • Disagree 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Upvote 7

The Truth of what may or may not happened that day is long gone from peoples minds who are still active on the server

• Positive interactions with Caboose through the limited times I have met with him (though there was this one thing when i was shore but who really cares)
  • Compared to most other people who have been banned from a similar time period or from the same "event" Caboose, from what I have seen, Has remained humble and not openly disrespectful of IG and it's Moderation or management compared to others.
  • Though I have other suspicions none really a negative towards you being allowed back into the community

Some people will hold indefinite stigmas for some reason, but for the person who allegedly did the most interesting thing to this community, he seems to hold the best attitude towards his ban and I think welcoming him back will be fine.

+1

• Upvote 3

Look. 
Whilst what you were banned for was quite unfortunate, I think that the positives definitely out weigh the negatives. From my understanding, you had a great impact on previous servers whilst you were on them and I think you deserve another chance.

And for that reason alone ill be leaving a positive support

• Upvote 4

It's been a long time since I've interacted with you, Caboose, but my past experiences with you have never been negative. For what it's worth, you were a good Community Manager for EG and you had the best interests at heart, regardless of the reasons for why you created EG.

Sure, that time was very rocky and uncertain, and EG as you say is of course a very touchy subject. It's natural that a lot of people will have differing opinions with your return, and this we obviously cannot help. However, this was a good 3 years ago now and you seem genuine enough to return to the server and make some form of an effort with making amends, and re-integrating yourself with the community.

With that said, it's a +1 from me.

Best of luck, lad.

Edited by Greyback
  • Upvote 3

Competition is a tough thing, and if you were poaching players from a playerbase that definitely is not something that's ethical, but alas it's been a good while and times have changed. So long as you don't do it again I don't see why you shouldn't come back to IG and have some fun. You also seem like a good bloke from what I have seen and heard regardless, so that's always a good sign.

+1 for a month probation

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 3

Wasn't actually here for what happened betwen EG and IG I was probably still playing unturned to be honest. It's been multiple years now so I don't really see any negatives anymore more or less it's already been sorted out so there really isn't any problems now in my opinion.

Anyway it's a +1 from me

Spoiler

I still don't know what I'm saying at this point AWOOOOOOO

• Upvote 2
17 hours ago, Caboose said:

I am no longer a staff member on Gateway.

That is good to know, I believe there is room for you to come back to the Community in some aspects. As an old player on Gateway, you came across a little right as I left and for the time I knew of you, you seemed alright. After weighing up the pros and cons, I think allowing you back won't cause a negative harm to the Server. Obviously you would be on a relatively strict probation due to the EG/IG fiasco as well as all of the other stuff that happened between the communities indirectly caused by you creating EG.

I do not think you should be allowed to apply for a Staff Role for a long time, Months at least, and I'm not certain you even want Staff, but I thought I'd add that in as well due to it being apart of one of the reasons I thought about in regards to allowing you back.

Don't make me and everyone else here +1'ing you look like a jackass.

• Upvote 2

Accepted

You will be unbanned tonight & placed on a month probation period. Any rule breaking will result in your ban being reinstated.

Please take this time to familiarise yourself with the Imperial Gaming Rules

Welcome Back to the Community!

• Agree 4
  • Upvote 5