Snoozy's Ban Appeal

Before you Deny this Ban Appeal I have gotten permission from the current community owner to reapply after my app was Denied with no real resolve or explanation
Here is a screenshot as proof @Cecil

a.PNG.a355b535a5eebbff9af9ee7a3b0157d8.PNG

Steam Details

Steam Name: Srundo

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:1:68252626

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Srundo/

In Game Details

In Game Name: Snoozy

In Game Rank: Private

In Game Regiment: Storm Trooper

Ban Details

20190805165909_1.thumb.jpg.a38d807aa9b0bec7d9f208f7d17534b3.jpg

How long was the ban for:  Permanent

Which staff member banned you: CODY?/ Tarkin

What date did the ban occur: 09/05/2019

What was the reason for the ban: Staff Dis

Explain the situation in detail which led to you being banned:
I came back to the community after leaving for a month or so, don't know the date exactly but I was a storm trooper and tried out for medics and got in, I didn't Enjoy medics so I left and joined 212th as it was the first regiment I joined ever when I joined the server. At the time I thought I was in medics for 3 days when I Ieft but I obviously can't count. Frank came up to me when I was doing a patrol with 212th and said to me something along the lines of this "I've been told by people / getting reports that you Snoozy have been reg hopping, is this true, if so I will set you back to private ST", I replied with "NO I HAVEN'T". He then TPed somewhere else and I continued to patrol with 212th, about 20 or so minus later He set me back to ST private for reg hopping.

In the heat of the moment I WAS F'ing Fuming when I realized I was set to ST Private I then left the game, Ranted to my 212th CO it was Larko after this happened in discord PMS. I then proceeded to Make a Group on steam out of anger Called "Frank is Super Gay" I put in the description about 5 sentences of Saying Frank is this and Frank is that, f**k frank etc. (bad words) I then invited Dexoys then later Brass and Emerald and like 1 or 2 other people joined I also posted it in a discord that had other people in it, I said "Everyone join this steam group"( with a link to the steam group and posted it in the discord chat) No one joined from the discord so I deleted the link from that discord. Now with about 5 members in the group we made a post or a thread as " what is your most Autistic Frank moment" people posted their memes and such about stuff frank did to them on the server/ situations. I then made some of the five people admins or Officers as you call it of the steam group, Frank joins the steam group and says " hi or I love the name of this steam group "  not really sure but not anything negative at all, but out of my anger still towards him for setting me back to private (BTW he has every right to demote me to private as it wouldn't be fair for other people) I banned him from the "hate" steam group and Locked the Steam group, I then Get Perm Banned from Imperial RP, Clone Wars, Santos RP, Team Speak and The Forums.

Why do you believe you deserve to be unbanned / given a second chance:
I don't believe that myself should be unbanned as what I did was something that isn't very nice and when I look back on it was a very childish thing to do By going out of my way to call someone of the staff team a "Retard" and "Gay" and making a steam group based on them in this case It was Aimed at Frank. I didn't DOXX him or anything like that I just Said This Person "Frank." is gay I didn't personally expose him in anyway but I did call him names over the internet like playground insults and I regret being angry and all that. What I did was really really immature and I chose to make the steam group by my own decisions and I am Partly to blame for dexoys Ban as I did encourage him to join.

Few other things to touch on,
1: I didn't invite people to this "hate group" anywhere On IG except for in one of my friends discords that has some old players from IG like Twinkie, emerald and brass, so for the people accusing me of sending link invites to the steam group through IG Forums pm, IG Teamspeak and IG Discords this is simply not true I only sent it on a discord and to a few other people.
I have now since Deleted the Steam Group Completely.

2: @Head Coach Frank I understand that what I said to you and about you in the steam group is very childish and now that I look back on it was so much drama all over one little thing which I caused and I'm very sorry that I called you those horrible names I can only imagine how you must have felt when you were targeted by me and the drama that ensued after. I understand frank that you are a human being and you feelings even if you didn't really get hurt by what I said, I should give you my apologies regardless.

3: @Wolf I am sorry for all the issues and Drama I have caused the staff team you guys give people something very special and put time into a community and make a custom made gmod game with all hard work from Devs, Management and staff team to make a place very functional and a place where people can get away from reality and I admire that. I did also speak with you in regards to the situation on steam through PM and supposedly inviting people through IG communications but you found this not to be true and I thank you very much for unbanning me from the forums.

4: I made a stupid comment/comments in the IG steam group but I only remember saying " Eg is the Best thing to happen to IG" this is one of the last things I said which probably Killed my chances of ever getting back into the community again and I am sincerely sorry for that as well.

5: After reading the forums and after reading the situation and Time to reflect over the 3 months I've been banned I realize that I'm a asshole and IG is unique same with the people in it. Honestly I miss this community heaps, I had some amazing moments with amazing people and Had some of the best moments I've had while playing games and most Importantly it gave me an Immersive and enjoying Role-play experience which I deeply enjoyed.

To everyone else I'm really sorry for what I've done what I did was truly pathetic and disgusting and I don't expect to ever be let back into this community as its up to you guys, If there was any chance of myself being allowed back into the community I would except having a Probation period or having one final chance in the community and I would try and make ends meet with everyone.

If I have missed anything PLEASE reply and call me out for anything
I except any type of Criticism even if it is negative as It is well deserved. 

2021 Update
Okay so where do I start... Before you come to assumptions or conclusions please read my last appeal linked above.
I am very reformed my ban was way back in 2019 that was almost 2 years ago its 2021 almost may now, I would like the time to say that I am very sorry for calling someone of the staff team "autistic" it was just a way for me to vent amongst friends In a steam group, and like I said I'm very sorry for that.

I would just like to go over a few things in my last ban appeal when I said "I do not wish to be unbanned as its not up to me to decided that" Well I do wish to be unbanned now I think I should be unbanned.
I also said " Yeah if I was unbanned put me on a strict 6 Month probation period " I would like to minimise that to a 3 month trial period because honestly thats just too long.
I was once a shining star in the community and would just like to play on the server again and relive those fun times.

Warning What I'm about to say may be a little controversial and Political. So take it with a grain of salt. Because you can call me racist a by using these "terms"  but they are in quotes and are used to refer used in context, Therefor I have not said these Offensive "terms" nor do I have any of those types of hateful views on those people but I do have hateful views on those people that do use these terms, I actually have some friends that are diverse IRL and online. I am all for fairness and Equality.
I have had few rough patches here and there on the server (only 4 warns and that was in my first few month of playing way back in mid 2018) and never got a Minor ban like a week month or a day or anything like that. I just went straight to a Perm community ban for Calling someone a name "autistic" over the internet thats just the internet tho get used to it. Like what in gods earth is up with this? Ive seen people get off with far worse then calling someone "Autistic" or "Faggot" over the internet like I've seen people say the word nword "**RACIST WORD**", Mass RDM, etc. and only get a year ban or less. and people ddosing and doxing and got get a perm not sure if this last bit is accurate but people getting let off with a far less punishment on this depending on the severity, ddosing and doxing as of which are actual criminal offenses and are illegal. If you still think I'm a racist go ahead be a delusional and ignorant snowflake and you need to toughen the fuck up because there are far more important things to worry about like covid and science/health and democracy. Okay now that the political side is out of the way lets get to the next bit.

Edit: ^
If you want me to take out the political stuff said above I will do as I realise it is in one of the forums rules, I will not delete it but will cross it out. I will refrain from saying any more political opinions while in and about this community I am accountable for what I say so do what you must. I guess I did go on a bit of a rant about some things but that's because I'm very passionate about getting unbanned.

Alrighty then so I hope your view on me hasn't changed too much,
I would like to say how much I feel like I've been treated by the way I was left in the dust, not just In terms of communication, but of reasoning and biased by staff. Like I don't understand why I got my first appeal denied I filled out my application with tremendous effort and detail and just got met with no reasonable or detailed response or explanation from the "victim" if you would even call it that being frank. Just got met with silence. Also I tried talking to the management team in a dm group about it on the forums about it I tried once a week for a month straight as to not bother them.
Got met with no proper second chance for a appeal and got ignored by them, some of them have left now I believe, But in saying that when I got banned I waited a year after then ban before making my first ban appeal. I would also like to shine a little light on the situation I also got perm banned from the forums and teamspeak by cody and I went straight to Wolf the old owner and He said that apparently I had been spreading rumors about IG, which He found out to be completely false and he (wolf ) Unbanned me from the forums. Saying this goes a long way Is that you should never just go off a staff members word of mouth as this is seen as extreme bias, and can be Untrue.

Also I was only able to post this appeal because I never set foot in the official IG discord server only joined it today. And got perm banned for not saying a thing against the rules in that server by someone. Literally just asking for the owner for like 5 mins.

If you want some Damming evidence of Bias Im happy to provide screenshots. I think its just honestly sad that these things go unseen.

I honestly IDGAF about drama I just want to chill and play again.

Edited by Snoozy
Added explanation about rant
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Bailey changed the title to Snoozy's Ban Appeal

I’ve updated the title of your appeal to reflect the content. I’d also advise fixing the formatting and putting the massive paragraph under the template for the appeal.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Snoozy said:
7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I’ve updated the title of your appeal to reflect the content. I’d also advise fixing the formatting and putting the massive paragraph under the template for the appeal.

Thank you.

Will do gimme give some time to edit

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Thank you.

Done! :)

Hi Snoozy... I'll be leaving a -1 on this application for the time being, as per the reasons below.

1. Little / no reflection on what you actually did. [Your offense was creating a private steam group chat, specifically targeted at disrespecting staff whom were at the time, management, and proceeding to make an obscene amount of racist and insensitive comments, without any real provocation.]
  2. You seem to intentionally misrepresent your offense within the appeal, justifying it as just "calling someone of the staff team "autistic"" when, in fact, you targeted multiple members of management with much harsher disrespect & racism
  3. You come off as extremely arrogant in this appeal, labelling yourself as a "shining star" and that an appropriate 6 month probation is "just too long" for yourself
  4. Your entire appeal is improperly formatted
  5. You seem to have no regret for your actions. Your appeal comes off as a whinge that you were 'improperly treated,' where in fact your punishment was more than justified. You also attempt to downplay your offense, labelling Frank as "the "victim" if you would even call it that," when in fact, your extreme targeted harassment and racism more than justifies him to be the victim of your actions.
Edited by Misahu
twas a steam chat rather than a dis server
  • Agree 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Misahu said:

Hi Snoozy... I'll be leaving a -1 on this application for the time being, as per the reasons below.

1. Little / no reflection on what you actually did. [Your offense was creating a private steam group chat, specifically targeted at disrespecting staff whom were at the time, management, and proceeding to make an obscene amount of racist and insensitive comments, without any real provocation.]
  2. You seem to intentionally misrepresent your offense within the appeal, justifying it as just "calling someone of the staff team "autistic"" when, in fact, you targeted multiple members of management with much harsher disrespect & racism
  3. You come off as extremely arrogant in this appeal, labelling yourself as a "shining star" and that an appropriate 6 month probation is "just too long" for yourself
  4. Your entire appeal is improperly formatted
  5. You seem to have no regret for your actions. Your appeal comes off as a whinge that you were 'improperly treated,' where in fact your punishment was more than justified. You also attempt to downplay your offense, labelling Frank as "the "victim" if you would even call it that," when in fact, your extreme targeted harassment and racism more than justifies him to be the victim of your actions.

Okay lemme just point out a few false statements you have made in your reply

Point 1 & 2.
My offence was actually making a Steam group In which I said "Gay" "Super Gay" and "No balls" in that steam group but I am not responsible for at all  for all the other language. I Invited 2 others brass and emerald, Yes I did target staff, but it was a Singular Managment staff member not multiple, I also didn't make obscene and over the top comments I am not responsible for that. But I did make some offensive comments as Ive stated above. I do believe there was a little provocation which led to me snapping, Also in my first ban appeal Zaspan Said "I Reg Hopped mulitple Regiments" which is inconsistent I only Broke the "Reg Hopping" Rule once because I was unhappy with medics at the time. I have not intentionally misrepresented my offence at all. I actually have been reflecting a lot on my ban thats why I have been trying to get unbanned for the last 2 years. I actually miss playing on the server. And yes I did call frank names. I am sorry for that.

Point 3.
I am actually the far opposite from "arrogant", Yes I was a shining star thats because lots of people said they enjoyed having me on the server, my rp and the content I created.
Okay well yes have as long probation period as you want on me idm but I have been reflecting for almost 2 years.

Point 4.
Sorry I have updated it a little, I have done the best I can do for now, the past appeal link at the top doesn't wanna seem to move I have tried to put it in format as much as possible so I apologize for that.

Point 5.
I don't know what you're thinking but I do have regret for my actions, No I'm not whinging Its an extreme last effort to reform as I've more then sat the time to reflect and to prove you guys that I have changed. Yes I did target frank but I was not extreme in doing so. I didn't downplay anything I said. I covered everything in detail.

Maybe you need to look into what actually happened a little more instead of just coming to conclusions as I said.

But thats okay you can think what you want, I'm not your ruler, you can have your own opinion and freedom of speech. So can I.
Its the first amendment, It states the right to freedom of speech and press freedom you know the rest.. 

Edit.
Also can you try not to backtrack on what you said with in regards to me feeling mistreated you said something about it then edited it out after, same goes with the private discord server comment which is incorrect. Why do you have to be inconsistent man?

Honestly I just want to put the past behind us and make amends why all this secrecy, hate, rumours and grudges? I don't understand why this drama is going on for so long do you have something to hide?

Edited by Snoozy
Edit 6
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Jozo said:

Hey just a heads up only members of staff and OP (only on their own appeal ) can comment/reply on ban appeals if I remember correctly, also you joined 2 months ago.

• Agree 1

Neutral leaning to +1

• Snoozy is a nice guy and, imo seems sincere about his actions and knows why he was banned
  • I can Very much Relate to an in the heat moment of being angry about shit that's unfair and that I can relate to.
  • However What you did do was very wrong and disrespectful to people who were management at the time
  • Though what you may have said came across as racist and disrespectful to people all the time nowadays, people are out here saying or doing questionable things in public.
  • It's a new Era of IG, though this may sound Ignorant but, many staff including myself wish to sorta "change" how things are worked and tolerated, and a feel a step to this can be accepting what people have said and what they can do in future to better themselves in our community.
  • Thinking 1
  • Agree 2
23 minutes ago, Snoozy said:

Hey just a heads up only members of staff and OP (only on their own appeal ) can comment/reply on ban appeals if I remember correctly, also you joined 2 months ago.

My bad if its a mistake but I just wanted to put my 2cents ins. My bad if you think my opinions invalid just cause I joined 2 months ago :) 

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Jozo said:

My bad if its a mistake but I just wanted to put my 2cents ins. My bad if you think my opinions invalid just cause I joined 2 months ago :) 

That's okay just letting you know :)

1 hour ago, Delta said:

Neutral leaning to +1

• Snoozy is a nice guy and, imo seems sincere about his actions and knows why he was banned
  • I can Very much Relate to an in the heat moment of being angry about shit that's unfair and that I can relate to.
  • However What you did do was very wrong and disrespectful to people who were management at the time
  • Though what you may have said came across as racist and disrespectful to people all the time nowadays, people are out here saying or doing questionable things in public.
  • It's a new Era of IG, though this may sound Ignorant but, many staff including myself wish to sorta "change" how things are worked and tolerated, and a feel a step to this can be accepting what people have said and what they can do in future to better themselves in our community.

Agreed.

• Upvote 1

Hey Snoozy long time no see. Your ban occurred 2 years ago for harassing a member of management, while that was wrong of you, we all make questionable or bad decisions in the heat of the moment I for one have made a fair share of my own but I have learnt from those mistakes, they have helped shaped me to who I am today. In saying that I wouldn't have gone out of my way to make fun of someone let alone a member of management.

When you were actively apart of the community you were a trusted and valued member among the server. I would like to see that Snoozy return to IG. I'm not sure if Frank is still around but if you were to apologise to Frank for what you did it would make this appeal that much better which I now see that you have in the appeal.

I think you have had enough time to reflect on your actions and learn from them. Therefore I am supporting this ban appeal with a 3 month probation.

Edited by Hyperion
  • Agree 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2
13 hours ago, Hyperion said:

Hey Snoozy long time no see. Your ban occurred 2 years ago for harassing a member of management, while that was wrong of you, we all make questionable or bad decisions in the heat of the moment I for one have made a fair share of my own but I have learnt from those mistakes, they have helped shaped me to who I am today. In saying that I wouldn't have gone out of my way to make fun of someone let alone a member of management.

When you were actively apart of the community you were a trusted and valued member among the server. I would like to see that Snoozy return to IG. I'm not sure if Frank is still around but if you were to apologise to Frank for what you did it would make this appeal that much better which I now see that you have in the appeal.

I think you have had enough time to reflect on your actions and learn from them. Therefore I am supporting this ban appeal with a 3 month probation.

Gonna have to go with this one ngl but I'm neutral. 

Spoiler

I don't even know if I'm allowed to do this if I'm being honest im kinda an idiot

Edited by Storm
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Imposing said:

I don't comment on many but this was gleaming with arrogance.. anyhow Misahu covered it pretty well you clearly still have resentment and obviously haven't turned away from the hateful behavior you shown 2 years ago which started this whole "drama" as you like to put it just by reading this ban appeal its abundantly clear you are just wanting the quick way out and are not sincerely sorry even to the point where you couldn't even just bite the bullet and apologise for what you have done instead instead you continue to whine and complain and make excuses for the actions you did you are obviously very able to use the words "sorry" "sincerely" throughout this appeal with no problem but what surrounds it in many occasions surrounded by excuses or whining.

Don't get me wrong I've never personally had any issues with you and most of the interactions that I remember with you were fine however my opinion is strong if you cant bother writing an appeal where all you are doing is apologising for what you have done without all the excuses and whining about how its not fair or you were treated wrong or whatever you did it you need to take ownership and apologise for what you did regardless of why or how or what may or may not have caused you influenced you or otherwise to act how you did.

Maybe it would be sufficient enough if you made a public apology to the community, the staff, and frank personally and reapplied in a month or two

Good point.
But I disagree with you I haven't been looking for a quick way out and I am sincerely sorry. during the first ban appeal I have tried to contact the management team and frank at the time and just got no chance to even speak to frank or so. I just got ignored, shut down, tossed to the side. I believe in the past banned members had a chance to talk to management in private to work something out. I never even got to discuss this. I have been going far and beyond in my appeals to reach out and try to resolve things in the past.
I've tried to talk to former management and to apologize and work things out but just got banned and such from any sort of communication. I have bitten the bullet. I have waited almost a 2 years since my last appeal so I don't understand why you say I don't bite the bullet. I will keep trying to show that I am sorry for what I have done.
I understand you feel this way about my appeal that's okay but I do believe staff members can only post on ban appeals, I also believe you were once a member of management way back in 2017 or 2018 :)

Also about the arrogance part I think its not true I don't flaunt arrogance this is passion to get unbanned and to make amends and right my wrongs with those I have hurt, insulted or offended. To build a new leaf within the community, but unfortunately there is lack of communication/forgiveness/ a second chance.

Added:
Also why would I even bother try making appeals and trying to play on the server again, its because I care. Most people when they get perm banned you never see them again because they don't care.

Edited by Snoozy
edit
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2
On 4/18/2021 at 10:01 PM, Delta said:

Neutral leaning to +1

Delta's got a way with words.
You have my Support good luck gamer!

• Poggers 1
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 1
On 4/18/2021 at 10:01 PM, Delta said:

Neutral leaning to +1

The vast majority of what Delta has said I agree with.. but I have a couple issues with some ways you've gone about posting this.

On 4/18/2021 at 6:18 PM, Snoozy said:

I am actually the far opposite from "arrogant", Yes I was a shining star thats because lots of people said they enjoyed having me on the server, my rp and the content I created.
Okay well yes have as long probation period as you want on me idm but I have been reflecting for almost 2 years.

This sentence is nearly the definition of narcissistic, it seems like you've removed what you were alluding to in the appeal which is good but the fact you have said this gives me pause onto how you might take some criticism.

On 4/18/2021 at 10:00 PM, Snoozy said:

You don't need to remind others on this, administrators on the forums can do so and take down posts when necessary, and joining recently doesn't remove someone's opinion on things that may have happened in the past or how you could conduct yourself on the server in the present. This comes off as you seemingly trying to invalidate someone's opinion just because they are fairly recent, which is very rude and not something someone who is attempting to return to a community should be doing, given their history.

From what I know and what has been presented to me you might be a good bloke who just blew his top off and decided to do some ranting borderlining on harassment but for the current moment I am not so sure if I wish to see you back right now. My opinion can be changed though, and if you are to be unbanned, I want to see a positive change in attitude. I hope you can prove me wrong in my current decision.

Neutral with a -1 lean

• Thinking 1
  • Downvote 1
13 hours ago, Cammers said:

The vast majority of what Delta has said I agree with.. but I have a couple issues with some ways you've gone about posting this.

This sentence is nearly the definition of narcissistic, it seems like you've removed what you were alluding to in the appeal which is good but the fact you have said this gives me pause onto how you might take some criticism.

You don't need to remind others on this, administrators on the forums can do so and take down posts when necessary, and joining recently doesn't remove someone's opinion on things that may have happened in the past or how you could conduct yourself on the server in the present. This comes off as you seemingly trying to invalidate someone's opinion just because they are fairly recent, which is very rude and not something someone who is attempting to return to a community should be doing, given their history.

From what I know and what has been presented to me you might be a good bloke who just blew his top off and decided to do some ranting borderlining on harassment but for the current moment I am not so sure if I wish to see you back right now. My opinion can be changed though, and if you are to be unbanned, I want to see a positive change in attitude. I hope you can prove me wrong in my current decision.

Neutral with a -1 lean

Thanks for the criticism Cammers.

I do consider your opinions, and others. I read them carefully. But that doesn't mean they can freely post on a ban appeal, Now I understand people make mistakes and that's and we learn from these mistakes to better our future decisions. As It clearly states OP and Staff only.

You are right about me saying a few borderline/over the top statements and responses in the appeal, again I apologize If I come off arrogant, I'm just being blunt.
Yes I was immature back then, ya know the offensive terms. I didn't quite understand the impact behind them then, I know them clearly now and have grown as a person.
I did go off on a little bit of a rant that was bad of me just wanted to put myself/situation a bit out there, I'm open to any and all criticism and I have the right to respond to that said criticism with my opinion.

If I got a chance to speak with management, and the persons who banned me that would be great as I never got another chance to play on the server again. Hopefully we can organize some sort of probation period or talk this out. I understand I went off the rails a bit in my appeals and replies for that I am sorry.

The only way I can communicate is through forums/forum private messaging.

I wouldn't claim to be good or bad guy I'm just some dude who wishes to play again, and wishes to be given a fair go/second chance.

@Cecil
@Wolf
@zaspan
@Whitey
@Jman1308
@Bailey
@Wingza
@Rook
@Guskywalker
@Kristofer
@SiegeMonkey
@Kumo
@Ragetank

• Upvote 1

Denied

The General conclusion given from what's in your appeal is that you have little to no remorse, a ban appeal is and should be about reflecting on what you did, why it was wrong, except and moving on from that showing or explaining how you've changed and how you've moved on from the side of you that would do what you did.

I think there could be potential for another ban appeal in the future at the discretion of management, but take some time to reflect on your actions and how they effect others.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Downvote 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Cecil locked this topic