The Return (?) of the Best Regiment : Coalition for Progress

Ey! Bring back the passive RP regiment. We'd be like the HR of Compforce, except like real HR I sell you out to the boss.

But for reals, while it lasted I think CFP was a good RP regiment, great for civilian RP and the like. Passive RP too, have them invite folks onto the ship that people gotta defend during an attack or something.

I think before its unceremonious demise and then continues dragging of the corpse by myself who refused to leave and now still is carrying this dead-regiment as a droid, it was going to be pretty good, and having to turn events into propaganda messages after each event we we're involved in was a great world-building thing. We had a set, an office ( which was eventually turned Compforce's bunks/office I think but I mean why do they need one I thought their office was the checkpoint infront of Compforce ), posters, that one rebel video which I wish we could make more of and posters! But a more RP-less combat-less kidnapping-less would be a good thing to bring back for wackos like me and probably like one or two other people who are also insane.

Coalition_For_Progress_logo-C.png

But, ey, just a suggestion.

Please I'll pay, I have credits.

I'm lonely in this metal husk. Engineer Delta scares me.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 8

not going to lie, CFP returning as like a 3-4 man group wouldn't be the worst thing tbh

Edited by yeff
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2

In no way did CFP strike me as a very useful regiment..
The regiment caused alot of issues and was very much dead most of the time, the only time it had players was when it was first introduced and was just a group of friends who just used it as a powerhouse for themselves.

I mean I'm not 100% against it but you gotta reflect on the past faults of the regiment whether it was its implementation or the members of it and you gotta think should it come back the "same" or should it come back as something else with a well written ideology or should it just not come back at all.

6 hours ago, Stryker said:

The regiment caused alot of issues and was very much dead most of the time, the only time it had players was when it was first introduced and was just a group of friends who just used it as a powerhouse for themselves.

I mean I'm not 100% against it but you gotta reflect on the past faults of the regiment whether it was its implementation or the members of it and you gotta think should it come back the "same" or should it come back as something else with a well written ideology or should it just not come back at all.

agreed

6 hours ago, Stryker said:

I Agree Episode 2 GIF by Star Wars - Find & Share on GIPHY

100% agree. Big ramble time on old CFP let-sa go,

I joined CFP because of my previous experiences in old star wars servers ( Looking at you Razzle ) since creating posters was something I did on their for the regiments and enjoyed to do and had an amount of experience in ISB & Navy ( I know from my outset appearance/actions as a droid it doesn't seem that way, but I've always been a crap droid and a better human ), but I will be the first to admit we did jack-of-all little of nothing and was kinda a mess.

Barely used the folder of posters we made too, used the sets barely ( I count we used them twice, one for that recorded rebel vdeo featuring me doing my best american voice and an interview of nova-troopers that turned into a tarkin interview or someone higher up when they came in and executed the nova troopers, I still think there is lost footage of the Tarkin? & Nova interview out there that I still hope exists. )

We were planning on doing things, don't get me wrong, but the regiment definitely had some issues and due to them lagged behind on getting those 'things' rolling, at the time we barely could join into RP and the join/login rate was unstable ( funnily enough I think I did more RP with civilians when I was the only one in the regiment, setting up CFP stations on Tatooine ). I felt like we were this jumble initially, trying to include all these other aspects like science and labs and forensics and re-education ( still no idea why out of all regiments in ISB we had the lab + largest office, I mean yes in the lore/wiki these are sub-regiments of CFP but we already established regiments that did it ) and all this other stuff which is basically all taken care of by ISB and Medical respectively. I think a return to form for CFP is totally necessary, strip all the unnecessary hubbabaloo and set the regiment straight for general civilian control/contact, propaganda/holonet news and shaping the image of the empire for a public eye.

I do not want a regiment that takes RP, tools or fun from other regiments, I want CFP to be something seperate that can enhance the world-building and ISB/Other regiments. Example, the holonet broadcasts we're great, we tried to write them during debriefs and 'broadcast' them afterwards, giving a cap or just a extra flourish to events or missions to give it that Imperial Might. I'd love to continue those for bigger events / offship ( not one for every on-ship event since I'd believe the empire wouldn't exactly want the civilians to know how our security failed to stop pirate invasions for the 38th time this week ) and maybe even mention specific regiments that places, something like that.

I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy the time with the old CFP regiment and the things we had planned I think could've helped the regiment ( at the time we we're going to cut science off and leave re-education to ISB to just focus on holonet broadcast, propaganda & public relations ), but we definitely had some issues that needed ironing out, and unfortunately we never we're able too. Which is why if it was brought back, I'd hope we can sort them out. 

7 hours ago, yeff said:

not going to lie, CFP returning as like a 3-4 man group wouldn't be the worst thing tbh

clone thumbs up - Imgur

Totally agree, I don't CFP should or have to be a large regiment, I think that would be a detriment ( when CFP was at its peak, I think we had like 5 - 7 people I don't exactly remember ). It's meant to be a side-piece to ISB ( it's even stated in the lore as a sub-bureau ), someone to talk with and assist to report civilians and troopers like a middleman and to be the cover-ups for the civilian news. I'd think 3 max should be the way to go with CFP, attempting to go any bigger would just cause issues.

I think a smaller size would also assist in the fixing of the 'dead' stigma, generally the stigma was partly caused by me since I refused to leave even the highest commanding officer in CFP left, but a smaller size would basically make it so it doesn't seem / wont be as inactive as it was before.

Anyway to summarise my response rambles, a smaller regiment and more strict/straight-forward /not-so-branched regiment for CFP would be the best way to go to fix. 

As the Ex-Commander of CFP, the Regiment can work, there are some reasons it didn't work last time;
The first one being that I relied a little too heavily on my friends who weren't as dedicated to the Regiment / Server as I'd hoped, with a lot of them leaving after a few Weeks due to other time commitments they had to uphold, and I don't blame any of them for that at all, real life over a game any day.
Secondly, the Regiment was originally dreamed up as an experiment by two Advisors who I won't name, I spent 6 Months of my time on the Server, and my actual fucking life to something that they didn't think would work, and I nearly made it work, I had and still have over a hundred documents, posters, videos, etc. created by the CFP in our small stint on the Server. The regiment wasn't supposed to fight, and we basically didn't, during events we hid inside COMPNOR.
Thirdly, CFP got stomped on repeatedly, at the time (and still now probably lol) I didn't want to go down the same route of RP as other COMPNOR regiments where all it was was "Oh, you don't want to tell us, that's fine, truth serum." So we went down a different route for our RP and continually got blocked by other COMPNOR regiments. CompForce at the time refused anything we asked of them, ISB had to know everything we were doing even if they were some acting operative, Death Troopers were the only ones who actually helped us and that's because their Commander was a sick cunt and a good mate.

CFP can work, it just needs freedom and people to stop stepping all over it, it just needs a good idea, good guidance and people to have some fucking faith in it, no one thought CFP before would do well, could do well and as I stated above, it was created as an experiment.

To anyone I may have called out during this little rant above, I am sure you've changed your RP now and how you deal with people who are supposed to be on your team, and I will admit we may not have been the best house guests, it wasn't helped by the distrust and objections from the people around us.

8 hours ago, Stryker said:

The only thing I agree with in this statement is that we were dead most of the time after the first 2 Months, the issues created were because people created issues with the CFP's RP. The only thing I could even come close to saying was a problem caused by the CFP was the Mandalorian fiasco, and even then, we were told to deal with that. On the ship we had a Mandalorian Chieftan who apparently commanded legions of men and a fleet of ships, and he was an Imperial. There were whole regiments speaking in Mandalorian and we were tasked to deal with it. Those people playing those characters took this as OOC attacks and hatred when all we were trying to do was our RP.

This is kind of a ramble and a shit show because I've only just woken up as I'm writing this and CFP is a little bit of a harsh spot for me because a lot of people point fingers at me and speak about how I didn't do my job right, or how it was my fault that the Regiment died when that time in my life was my Year 12 exams and every 2IC I appointed dropped off the face of the Earth after a Week.

I'm sorry that the Regiment didn't do well, I had my faults, as did the Regiment, but I seriously believe that someone with the right vision, experience and freedom to explore CFP's extensive and fleshed out RP opportunities is given the Commanding Officer role, then the Regiment will do very well. On top of that, if the person isn't a complete idiot, I'll give them all of our old documents and shit so they can see what we were trying to do.

Thanks,
Bailey

• Downvote 2
  • Upvote 3
15 hours ago, Bub said:

Coalition_For_Progress_logo-C.png

also ive got like 30 of these logos in a massively different theme if anyone wants them, I spent like $6 on Fiverr for them to be made by some Pakistani lady.

• Poggers 1
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Bailey said:

CFP can work, it just needs freedom and people to stop stepping all over it, it just needs a good idea, good guidance and people to have some fucking faith in it, no one thought CFP before would do well, could do well and as I stated above, it was created as an experiment.

Bailey was a great commander, along with Razzle in my 327th Star Corp days he's one of my favourite of those who lead me. He did his best with a regiment that isn't exactly something people would naturally joined, we're not like a cool lore regiment or badass agent regiment, we're HR, the best damn HR, but still basically HR. He had so much work and pressure on him with the new regiment, but I feel like as he mentioned, we we're bogged down with stuff and kinda became the punching bags of  ( leave the punching bags regiment to the engineers, jokes jokes ) of the regiments.

I don't agree with him being blamed for the regiment death, I believe it was a mixture of bad timing, lack of faith from other people and just some inactivity.

The stigma of CFP being a crap, dead ( which it is but come on ) or meme regiment is lingering, and I mean I joked about it too but I've always done it light-heartedly, but even then I will still take some blame for it, I think being the only one in the regiment did probably hammer that stigma into me though.

I want to make it clear, just incase it came off as that in my previous ramble, I mean no dis-respect to anyone in the CFP regiment. I am also to blame for some of its shortcomings as at the time, hadn't touched gmod in a few years ( was new to IG at that point, I think it was my second regiment, I was a medic for a day beforehand ), but even at the time I still saw a great potential for the regiment which I still do, heck my RP with the KX CFP droid is literally a robot-resurrected Bub 'Bubbles' Ellis my CFP character ( why do you think he's insane? ), why do you think I stuck with it for so long and even still have it as my attached regiment?

46 minutes ago, Bailey said:

also ive got like 30 of these logos in a massively different theme if anyone wants them, I spent like $6 on Fiverr for them to be made by some Pakistani lady.

I've still got all the old regimental posters and cafeteria images, even the half-done ones. So we'd have a backlog of stuff to use if CFP ever rose again.

Edited by Bub

I would like to see CFP return but only if the role they play on the server is made clear. From my experience creating propaganda for every event while it may be thrilling for the first month or two it will become repetitive and boring causing the regiment to drop in numbers and eventually die once more. If CFP can be something more then just propaganda then I can see it lasting but even then few people find that sort of RP enjoyable on a daily basis.

In saying that a regiment does not need strong RP to be good, it just needs a great commander that will create the RP and make the regiment enjoyable to those in it and outside it.

• Agree 1
21 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

I would like to see CFP return but only if the role they play on the server is made clear. From my experience creating propaganda for every event while it may be thrilling for the first month or two it will become repetitive

Yeah, I'd think if a holo-broadcast option returned it shouldn't be too mandated to do it for every event. I'm sure the citizens of the galaxy wouldn't like to hear about the fifth pirate attack on the ISD this week But it would me saved for bigger events or on-ground events.

Similarly with the broad-casting, I would think it might be cool to allow Event Masters to have input on that ( spit-balling it here just with ideas ), whether thats a broadcast before an event or after. Like say an Event Master wants mentions of a specific character or rebel bounty notification before said man shows up during the event.

24 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

If CFP can be something more then just propaganda

I do agree with that, it would be the main thing, but civilian relations would be good too. Generally, as mentioned, I don't think the regiment should take things that other regiments have that technically CFP is meant to do, like how ISB has monitoring, acting/infiltrating as spies, and engineers have the science side with research and development but being a regiment to assist on those would be good. 

But with that, the Art-Group is also something to focus on well, posters don't have to be propaganda, they can be recruitment for specific regiments, regimental motivational posters, random things that higher ups can ask for. 

40 minutes ago, Binny said:

@arkan

Binny for CFP CO!!!

You can pry it from my warm, living hands because honestly I don't really mind who is in charge as long as CFP gets someone good in charge.

• Poggers 1

I'd honestly kinda like to see CFP back on the server, it has a lot of potential to add some additional life to the community.

Spoiler

I'll obviously command it as well duh

18 hours ago, Stryker said:

-1 coalion was the best regiment choice there coudl of ever been

• Upvote 2

RP doesnt have to justify anything, a great commander can make plenty of RP out of nothing while a terrible one will do nothing with a regiment that has plenty of background and Lore. It's whatever can be done with it and if they people in it are willing to make it work, like any other regiment. Give them progression and a commander that can lead and it will work. Worst that happens, it doesn't work at it gets disbanded, that ain't a big deal. 

On 4/16/2021 at 12:44 PM, Bailey said:

Basically what Bailey said, give it a chance and let people have their fun without trying to intrude. In the end, it is a game where people come to enjoy themselves, don't make it more stressful for people.

Edited by Braino

First things first:
Under Bailey we made some of the coolest shit that never got used on the server,
Coming up with the script for this video was one of the most fun things we did with our time.
Keeping with what Bailey said, we were stepped on quite alot during our time on the server. Always under pressure from our overseers, always having conflicts with ISB.

I do agree with this post that the CFP could work again however, I dont see it working when attached to ISB in anyway.
Sadly Bailey and myself could not bring the CFP to the level that everyone wanted it to be. Despite us spending countless hours and money on the regiment.
Best of luck to anyone who attempts to command this regiment, I hope to see it pumping out propaganda once more.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Jay Lamar said:

First things first:
Under Bailey we made some of the coolest shit that never got used on the server,
Coming up with the script for this video was one of the most fun things we did with our time.
Keeping with what Bailey said, we were stepped on quite alot during our time on the server. Always under pressure from our overseers, always having conflicts with ISB.

I do agree with this post that the CFP could work again however, I dont see it working when attached to ISB in anyway.
Sadly Bailey and myself could not bring the CFP to the level that everyone wanted it to be. Despite us spending countless hours and money on the regiment.
Best of luck to anyone who attempts to command this regiment, I hope to see it pumping out propaganda once more.

that video was soo good the dude who voiced it was perfect and the script you boys wrote was soo good 

1 hour ago, PULSE said:

See I'd totally join just to make videos and do interviews, let me lead and I will move us into glory 

#Bring it back

You motherfucker, I begged you to join for Months and you refused to leave Sith. I’ll never forgive you for this.

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, PULSE said:

See I'd totally join just to make videos and do interviews, let me lead and I will move us into glory 

#Bring it back

We had so many video ideas, interviews, on-ground battle news recordings, educational programming, all that jazz. While we didn't get to do alot, I'm glad we still tried and made one.

Like even the below, while not serious, was something we did spend quite the eventful arvo on. I'd love to create a mix of more serious/lore related videos mixed with some tongue-in-cheek ones to give it some variety.

18 hours ago, Jay Lamar said:

Mixed on it, but I understand. CFP was taking up a-lot of room in Compforce too ( entire second floor if I remember correctly ), if brought back and given an area, maybe a smaller office or location ( like small rooms, one bunks/office one set, or even then we could use MH1 as a set with dupes but it'd be less of a hassle to stay out of the hangers )? Even though lore-wise yes it is part of Compforce I think the attempt to meld the two together caused some strife. Though I can see them working together, maybe just not attempting to overtake each-overs jobs, too much work place war.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You motherfucker, I begged you to join for Months and you refused to leave Sith. I’ll never forgive you for this.

Ah shit you have a good memory :monkas:

I do regret not jumping aboard for it