Additional Classes i.e Medic and Heavy

Hello,

Had 2 ideas for support roles that could help regiments. 

1.  Recon Class - EquipmentLow-Mid Grade sniper with binoculars. With this equipment, they could scout ahead and lookout from a far and provide details to CO's and IHC on possible targets or challenges a head while needing to send troops in to do this. 

2. Demolition Class. Equipment: Detonator (Limit 2). With this equipment, they could help destroy alien eggs, fallen rock that's blocked a path way. Clearing these obstacles, and helping clear the path for troops to advance. (Want to limit the equipment on this as I don't want to merge to far with the Heavy Support and don't want too many explosive's with this class because that's never a good idea)  

Edited by Bray_Razor
  • Disagree 3
14 minutes ago, Crispin said:

idk man there regiments for that

frfr

Recon  Class is just Storm Commandos and Shadow

Demolition class is just Imperial Commandos / Shore Troopers?

• Bray_Razor changed the title to Additional Classes i.e Medic and Heavy
On 3/28/2021 at 11:41 PM, Crispin said:

that was because of lack of medic

I mean,

Recon Class = Arc Regiment. Arc have 1 active member and 1 other member who comes and goes. So lack of Arc on the server

Demolition Class = Shore Regiment. Shore has 2 active members. So lack of Shore on the server

These roles, would help these regiments who are unfortunately lacking numbers, just like how the support role helps out the medic's when needed.

6 minutes ago, Bray_Razor said:

I mean,

Recon Class = Arc Regiment. Arc have 1 active member and 1 other member who comes and goes. So lack of Arc on the server

Demolition Class = Shore Regiment. Shore has 2 active members. So lack of Shore on the server

These roles, would help these regiments who are unfortunately lacking numbers, just like how the support role helps out the medic's when needed.

I cant help but to disagree. 
Regiments exist on the server for a reason. Shore is a base regiment, we shouldn't have to make new sub classes because shore doesn't have any leadership / players. We also have Imperial Commandos & Engineers that can act as a Demolition class in the absence of Shore. 

There are more than 1 "recon" regiments. You also have Shadow, Storm Commandos and Compforce (on a nice day). Having more recon class' wouldn't make sense because a 4 man regiment is struggling. 

All in all, this isnt needed IMO. 

• Upvote 1

There's Literally no point in this if I'm being honest all this is going to do is take away rp from other regiment who already do this. 

I already think CL3 Medics are a tad pointless as is, though yes it's nice to see suggestions, but I believe this one would either add nothing or cause more issues than intended.

2 hours ago, Bray_Razor said:

I mean,

Imperial commandos/shore/arc/shadow do all of the small tasks above. pretty pointless adding more people imo

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 5:18 PM, Crispin said:

im in shore now so its not inactive

are you?