Player Server Profile Information

In-Game Name (Most Identifiable): Mauler

SteamID32: STEAM_0:0:25458159

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wauler/

Time Played (UTime): 2cefdb58bfdb40a88a4868ee0c702413.png

Player History

Have you had any warnings in the past? If so, please list them:

- 1x Racism - I put it on myself, not sure why, or how long ago

- Failrp - By Renegade, for using weapons as a Massiff.

Have you had any bans in the past? If so, please list them: Unsure

Have you had any similar positions (Staff, PAC3, Developer) on other servers? If so, please list them:

2014 - Moderator - Administrator on 420BlazitGaming TTT. Staff for 1 year before it shutdown. I was rank locked at Moderator until 2 months before Shutdown due to full team.
2014 - Administrator - Head Administrator on 420 Blaze-it-Gaming Deathrun. Staff for 3 months before the Manager disappeared and the server shutdown.
2014 - Moderator - twice on Dopefish Gaming Deathrun. First Time, I was staff for 3 months before me and the owner realised I was too young and immature for the role and I resigned (I was 12). Several Months later, I was given it back for 2 months before I left again.
2017-2018 - Trial Moderator - Senior Moderator on Imperial Gaming SWRP. Some of us *sniffs* know how that went.
2017 - Moderator - Administrator - Imperial Gaming Deathrun. The project was initiated by Egg until he shut it down because it died before it begun. It ended with me as Moderator but the server remained up for a month after Egg gave up and Novawubbz and I tried reviving it (and successfully) before the server shut itself down (last month of pay).
2017 - Temporarily teamed up with 2 webdevs on the server to make a brand new Landing Page for IG. It is no longer used.
2017-2018 - PAC Tier 2 on Imperial Gaming
2017 - Administrator on Imperial Gaming TTT. The Project also died after its Manager disappeared.
2019 - Administrator on Saltmine TTT. Server was up initially as a Friends little server before they released it as a community. It was up for 2-3 months before it was shutdown.
2020 - Trial Moderator - Junior Moderator on Imperial Gaming SWRP. (I was relieved from Staff late last year by Zaspan, in which I was told I could talk to him about being re-instated by him in March as Trial Moderator, however, seeing as he is no longer Management, and when I asked about said situation and got no response, I am now prompted to make an application).

Basic Reasoning Questions

Why should you be given this position over others?:

I personally disagree with this question, and the old questions were better over this. However, I believe I can continue to bring a chill, welcoming vibe that is unbiased and approachable, to allow the players of the server to feel confortable bringing their issues to me, should there be any issues at all. I also believe that I can work to assist my fellow staff members whenever it's required, such as (but not limited to), assisting with Dev testing, being an EC to help with numbers, etc. I have been a moderator on this server twice before, and I believe I can do it again, and on top of this, bring experience to the role, and that other people might not be able to bring.

Why should you be trusted with this position? and do you believe others think of you with the same perspective?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I have a bumpy track record when it comes to using Moderator powers responsibilities. In late last year, I was removed from Staff (Temporarily) because I wasn't in the right mindset for staff and it was showing. The Management that removed me, (Zaspan) said to take a break, come back in March/April this year with a fresh mindset, and properly utilize my abilities. I believe I am ready now for this, and I implore you to let me give it a go.

Why are you applying for this position?:

I am re-applying for Trial Moderator as I feel I can continue to do good for the server. After being abruptly cut from the staff team late last year, I felt a bit lost for what to do on the server, so, after having waited the alloted time, I feel it's time to return to the fold and continue to assist the team. In the 4 years that i've been with IG, I've seen its ups and downs, lefts and rights. I feel, right now, that the server is on the incline, despite an ever shrinking playerbase, and I want to do my part to help that. There's almost zero ulterior motive, as I, unlike some, already have PAC3, so there's no need to apply for staff just for that access.

Moderator Reasoning Questions

You see a civilian killing others without an obvious roleplay reasoning behind it, what do you do?:

Pull them up into an Admin Sit. Cite the Civilian Rules and RP handbook for all relevent dotpots in it. Explain to them that if there isn't a reason to their murder spree, it could be taken as RDM and they could get warned/kicked/banned. Also explain to them that since they are a Civilian and not a rebel/pirate, they have no business to start mass murdering individials.

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?

3 things. In order, first, grab the steamid. This is crucial. Prepare to ban them for 1 week+ depending on the amount killed. Second, ask an Admin+ if they disconnected on purpose or if they timed out. If former, ban. If latter, then wait 10 minutes before proceeding. If they return in those 10 minutes, sort it in RP, if not, ban. Third, get any evidence of the situation, and compile it so that if they appeal, you're ready with anything and everything required for it.

Note, for a Mass RDM ban, 1 week is the typical time. Trial-Junior Moderators cannot ban for the given time, so Mod+ must be contacted for the ban.

A user has been given tools for training. You soon discover they are using the tools to prop kill and prop block. What course of action do you take?:

If a user is abusing their tools, !removetools them and give them a verbal warning for tool abuse. If they do it again, talk to higher staff about putting a temp tool blacklist on them as well as an Awarn.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:

Immediately put an end to it as bullying/harrasement is not tolerated on Imperial Gaming. If it's claimed to be a joke/banter, Make sure both parties are okay with it, and then inform other staff about the situation. If it is legitimate. Put an end to it. A Verbal warning is typically adequate however if it's severe, an Awarn can/should be placed. If they continue afterwards, immediately awarn, then ban if they keep on keeping on.

A player enters the servers and begins to make racial slurs. What do you do?:

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. What do you do?

Immediately awarn and ban. Contact an Admin to extend it. Take screenshots of the incident. DDOS is very serious and not tolerated.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?

Gather evidence. It's the best thing that can be done. Going to the staff manager with the evidence is the best thing that can be done about it. However, usually abuse of ones power on the server is not done maliciously, or to give them an advantage, but rather for enjoyment. If it's a lower player count, (sub 20), then you shouldn't worry about it. However if it is malicious or for one's gain, report it.

Information:

• Steam Name:
    [IG] Waller?
  • SteamID32:
    STEAM_0:0:25458159
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    275th Shoretroopers Captain [SHR-44] 'The XO' Mauler
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    12 weeks, 4 days, 11 hours.
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence:
    IGserverplaytime_2.3_21.png.b21dbbc993e43cd94f56c87a40d96f2f.png
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    1x Warning for Racism - I gave it to myself after Awarn system, originally given by Moose.
  • Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    None to my knowledge.
  • Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    2014 - Moderator - Administrator on 420BlazitGaming TTT. Staff for 1 year before it shutdown. I was rank locked at Moderator until 2 months before Shutdown due to full team.
    2014 - Administrator - Head Administrator on 420 Blaze-it-Gaming Deathrun. Staff for 3 months before the Manager disappeared and the server shutdown.
    2014 - Moderator - twice on Dopefish Gaming Deathrun. First Time, I was staff for 3 months before me and the owner realised I was too young and immature for the role and I resigned (I was 12). Several Months later, I was given it back for 2 months before I left again.
    2017-2018 - Trial Moderator - Senior Moderator on Imperial Gaming SWRP. Some of us *sniffs* know how that went.
    2017 - Moderator - Administrator - Imperial Gaming Deathrun. The project was initiated by Egg until he shut it down because it died before it begun. It ended with me as Moderator but the server remained up for a month after Egg gave up and Novawubbz and I tried reviving it (and successfully) before the server shut itself down (last month of pay).
  • 2017 - Administrator on Imperial Gaming TTT. The Project also died after its Manager disappeared.
    2019 - Administrator on Saltmine TTT. Server was up initially as a Friends little server before they released it as a community. It was up for 2-3 months before it was shutdown.
    2020 - Trial Moderator - Junior Moderator on Imperial Gaming SWRP. (I was relieved from Staff late last year by Zaspan, in which I was told I could talk to him about being re-instated by him in March as Trial Moderator, however, seeing as he is no longer Management, and when I asked about said situation and got no response, I am now prompted to make an application).

Questions:
  • What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
    The purpose of Moderators is quite simple. To Enhance the experience of the server to it's playerbase. It does this through a multitude of ways including but not limited to: Improving/adding to RP, being a role model, answering queries/inquiries, sorting issues/disputes, etc. The Moderators of the server are to act as a team to combat and overcome any issue(s) thrust toward them, making sure that the RP of the server flows correctly for it's playerbase. On top of this, they are to be a cornerstone for dealing with situations from an unbiased perspective, whilst also be warm and welcoming, to allow the playerbase to goto them with their issues.
  • Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    I am re-applying for Trial Moderator as I feel I can continue to do good for the server. After being abruptly cut from the staff team late last year, I felt a bit lost for what to do on the server, so, after having waited the alloted time, I feel it's time to return to the fold and continue to assist the team. In the 4 years that i've been with IG, I've seen its ups and downs, lefts and rights. I feel, right now, that the server is on the incline, despite an ever shrinking playerbase, and I want to do my part to help that. There's almost zero ulterior motive, as I, unlike some, already have PAC3, so there's no need to apply for staff just for that access.
  • What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    I am really glad that this question is what it is today. It used to be "What can you bring that others cannot?" That question is dumb, but this one can work. As to answering it, I believe I can continue to bring a chill, welcoming vibe that is unbiased and approachable, to allow the players of the server to feel confortable bringing their issues to me, should there be any issues at all. I also believe that I can work to assist my fellow staff members whenever it's required, such as (but not limited to), assisting with Dev testing, being an EC to help with numbers, etc.

Scenarios:
  • Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    3 things. In order, first, grab the steamid. This is crucial. Prepare to ban them for 1 week+ depending on the amount killed. Second, ask an Admin+ if they disconnected on purpose or if they timed out. If former, ban. If latter, then wait 10 minutes before proceeding. If they return in those 10 minutes, sort it in RP, if not, ban. Third, get any evidence of the situation, and compile it so that if they appeal, you're ready with anything and everything required for it.

Note, for a Mass RDM ban, 1 week is the typical time. Trial-Junior Moderators cannot ban for the given time, so Mod+ must be contacted for the ban.
  • Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    Immediately put an end to it as bullying/harrasement is not tolerated on Imperial Gaming. If it's claimed to be a joke/banter. Make sure both parties are okay with it, and then inform other staff about the situation. If it is legitimate. Put an end to it. A Verbal warning is typically adequate however if it's severe, an Awarn can/should be placed. If they continue afterwards, immediately awarn, then ban if they keep on keeping on.
  • You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    Gather evidence. It's the best thing that can be done. Going to the staff manager with the evidence is the best thing that can be done about it. However, usually abuse of ones power on the server is not done maliciously, or to give them an advantage, but rather for enjoyment. If it's a lower player count, (sub 20), then you shouldn't worry about it. However if it is malicious or for one's gain, report it.
  • Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    Immediately awarn and ban. Contact an Admin to extend it. Take screenshots of the incident. DDOS is very serious and not tolerated.
  • Terms & Conditions:
    I, Mauler, accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Mauler
Formatting to the new Template
  • Thinking 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

+1

Whilst the dude is an absolute idiot, he knows how to staff. Mauler has ALOT of experience with moderating duties, including this community before and will use his experience to better the community.

Since maulers last ‘removal’ from staff on IG, I can personally tell that he has calmed down from what was a very hot headed staff. He shows maturity in all aspects of the server and has improved in those factors since his last run in with moderating duties.

• Poggers 1

Mauler is a fantastic bloke that unfortunately did become a little bit hot-headed and riled up, sometimes easily so which hugely impacted his staffing capabilities. This has since seemed to be addressed almost entirely.

Honestly at first I believed you were a quite underwhelming staff member who did not really do such a good job. Then I actually got to know you a bit more and you do an adequate job considering your extensive history and it shows from the later interactions I had with you. A fine lad when he didn't go ape over small things (which has now seemingly been addressed, at least in IG anyway)

I seen you on more and I reckon you're up to it again as you were pretty valued in my eyes anyway as you seem to have learned to control your temperament.

oh, and there's a fair few errors in the application that are really bothering me.

Changed to +1

Edited by Cammers
Opinion changed
  • Shocked 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm gonna be going with a -1 now unfortunately

- You were removed from the staff team really recently

- From what I have seen from when I saw your claims and acting in game, you were very hot headed and in my opinion quite biased in your decision making process. You made rediculously stupid decisions and lost control way too easily. However, I must admit you have improved since then, but definately still require further improvement. 

New as of April 1st

After a couple weeks of observation mauler I don't think you're fit to be a moderator again. 

You constantly harass and belittle players in ooc when anything goes against your way. Such as whenever riot does not receive a placing for valid reason you will begin shit talking regiments in ooc. Just to name one example.

Your  recentwarning for FailRP is extremely disappointing. If you want to be staff you've got to follow the rules. Because if a staff member doesn't follow the rules why should everyone else.

Edited by Joel
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say that I never remembered Mauler being hot-headed, but from my experience he was a great mod. A bit of a minge, to be sure, but a welcome one. He was able to separate IC from OOC and take things seriously when they were needed. I'm confident to see his return to the Staff Team for another chance.

It's a +1 from me. Best of luck, lad.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Galle said:

After witnessing your actions and behavior in-game, i'll be leaving -1

Care to elaborate? I'm curious.

9 hours ago, Mauler said:

Care to elaborate? I'm curious.

First off, you and many others were mic spamming during an event, you guys were told a couple of times by staff to stop and you didn't, I cannot say that you encouraged this behavior but you certainly didn't help to stop it since many of them were in your regiment.

Secondly, you called a user a dumbass in OOC during the same event, this user was questioning peoples action in OOC and you went out of your way to call him a dumbass by replying. 

I believe your actions aren't suitable for someone who wants to apply for moderator

Edited by Galle

With your recent warning of fail role play i am left with no other choice but to give nothing but a -1

when seeing a moderator i see them to be enforcing server rules to other people but if you yourself are unable to follow them i do not believe this role is fitted for you.

• Sad 2
  • Poggers 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Mauler changed the title to *UPDATED* 1/4/21 Mauler Moderator Application

This isn't a bump because a response was just posted by Strix 22 hours ago. However, I am notifying you all that I have updated the Application to the new format.

• Poggers 1