Pretty self explanatory, I’d imagine it would be pretty easy to add.

Concept is you can activate “Kill Counter” mode to start counting how many EC / NPC kills you gain whilst it’s activated. Users would literally gain nothing from this, and it would just be a statistic.

Yes this isn’t a Call Of Duty match of a server, and people should still roleplay with the EC’s. But I would like to see how many Event Kills and NPC’s we tally up during a fun little event.

• Upvote 1

Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool and all but atm the current landscape of the server is “Kill NPCs now!” Or “Death to ECs” due to the quest rewards, however, it has slowed down in recent times due to the quest system having been in for a while, this kill count would just add that incentive back.

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool and all but atm the current landscape of the server is “Kill NPCs now!” Or “Death to ECs” due to the quest rewards, however, it has slowed down in recent times due to the quest system having been in for a while, this kill count would just add that incentive back.

I would personally kill for the EC reward to be removed entirely and just have a bunch more stages of the event participation quest added.

• Upvote 1

Currently, I see a lot of people make a SITREP every time they get a kill on an EC. Instead, IHC/EMs at the end of the event can see the 'event leaderboard' for kills across the board to determine which regiment(s) are putting the most effort. It'd be an aspect to determining placings, not the entire thing.

Also 1000th post, y'all can get fucked.

Edited by Mauler
  • Facepalm 1
  • Poggers 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Upvote 3

This would be such a great idea. It would not only help EM's determine placings, but would be a good way for devs to ensure that regiments remain "somewhat" balanced

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, LilHavana said:

Look, anything to get rid of Kippy spamming SITREP comms every kill, add ittttt

Anybody who binds SITREPs like “Area clear” or “hostile down” actually grinds my gears. Just spam it for placings, SITREPs are meant to HD relatively king and spaced apart as to not clutter the comms channels of signalmen listening in.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:42 PM, yeff said:

I would personally kill for the EC reward to be removed entirely and just have a bunch more stages of the event participation quest added.

why more stages? it just makes people do things that a lot of people don't enjoy and get blacklisted because they don't want to be on the side where they lose half the time. and then you can't prestiege restricting you from being able to progress F8. 

• Disagree 4
21 minutes ago, Clover said:

why more stages? it just makes people do things that a lot of people don't enjoy and get blacklisted because they don't want to be on the side where they lose half the time. and then you can't prestiege restricting you from being able to progress F8. 

Bro you are meant to loose also if you get blacklisted thats you for being an idiot

Edited by Storm
  • Upvote 3
On 2/27/2021 at 12:07 PM, Mauler said:

Currently, I see a lot of people make a SITREP every time they get a kill on an EC. Instead, IHC/EMs at the end of the event can see the 'event leaderboard' for kills across the board to determine which regiment(s) are putting the most effort. It'd be an aspect to determining placings, not the entire thing.

EC kills should have nothing to do with placings, that just encourages the server to become more of a TDM game mode than an actual Roleplay server.

1 hour ago, Clover said:

I hate seeing this point of view, it somehow manages to crop its head out every so often. The quest/prestige/leveling system aren't meant to be grinded out they are meant to be long term goals. It infuriates me when I see people spamming out things such as the Climb SWEP, or forsaking RP during events to run around and kill EC's and NPC's. In my opinion it might as well be removed, it adds little to nothing for existing players other than "Get an extra gun for some reason" or "Your legs are for some reason invincible". Once again the rewards system is meant to be a long term goal hence why the Climb SWEP is like 1300+ (idk the exact number) and having to win 30+ games of chess/checkers.

IMO remove it entirely, reset everyones level to 0 and you can unlock perks or whatever as you level up and you can equip 2/3 perks from whatever you've unlocked COD style. Its not the best solution but a better one, that way people can still have unlocks for playing the server but you don't have people complaining about "Oh why is the chess thing here its so hard to win without exploiting"

• Agree 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Clover said:

actually i found the opposite, i didnt want to participate in events until i saw i had to in order to complete the questlines and worked up the courage to actually do it and found i really enjoyed it. I didn't think i would and was worried the slog fest would just leave me exhausted and burnt out but I have found it rather fun. Its fun interacting with people and working alongside them when you usually wouldnt and acting out all the different types of rolepaly and characters to bring the EM's story to life. Whilst we lose majority of the time, there is nothing wrong with that, its nice to help others enjoyment, and those rare times you end up winning are always just that next level excitement until you swap back to your main and ohno. You're not always meant to win, those moments are meant to be special with impact imo.  

• Upvote 1

I personally believe that kill counts should not matter in events, neither should pointless SITREPs off "X Floor Secure" every 2 minutes. 

Event placements should be sanctioned to regiments based on their merits and how well they follow orders in events and whether or not they do something useful towards progressing the event.

There's nothing dumber than placing regiments based on their skill in Garry's Mod combat or how well they can strafe left and right while holding M1 or breaking NLR to run back to an EC to deal a finishing blow.

Here's my opinion vented out via the artistic medium of memes.

1 hour ago, ArdatLile said:

actually i found the opposite, i didnt want to participate in events until i saw i had to in order to complete the questlines and worked up the courage to actually do it

I can agree with this for the most part even though I do no share the same viewpoint, can see exactly why though.

But in fairness, I will agree with Kris on this mostly, very few circumstances should kill counts really matter. It would still be kinda cool to see maybe but otherwise should be nearly purely for vanity.