Cammers

SteamID32:
STEAM_0:0:37391540

Steam Profile Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035048808/

In Game Name:
[MT-777] Cammers

Time Played Imperial RP:
2 weeks, 1 day and 13 hours as of 29/03/2021 (will be updated as it increases)

Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
time.PNG.96fe8a78c48ab0cef26d5bdce8fe528c.PNG

Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
I have not accrued any warns since joining the server.

Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
I have not and do not wish to receive any bans during my time in this community.

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
I have been staff on several other communities, including:

Resolute Servers TTT - Moderator, then later Junior Developer
FatLords Gaming (TTT) - Moderator
Supremacy Networks DarkRP - Senior Administrator
Kiwi Gaming (DarkRP) - Staff Manager
Penguin’s TTT - Administrator
Unlimited Gaming TTT - Moderator

The sizable list of communities has shown I have been staffing and assisting servers since 2015, so approximately six years. The list has changed since last provided, as I did some digging around to find them and added the ones I was missing from the list.

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
The role of moderator on any server, particularly roleplay ones is to ensure the community are enjoying their time on the server. This is accomplished by enforcing general rules that all players in the community are required to follow to ensure a friendly and expansive community. Moderators can achieve this by utilising a set of tools in order to allow them to enforce these regulations, especially for individuals who actively seek to bend through or simply break the rules. Not only do moderators act as an enforcer of the rules, they act as exemplars for the rules that are required to be followed so they can be role models on how to follow them and how to conduct themselves to the general public. Moderators also assist in providing on-demand changes to players on this server pertaining to rank changes, regiment changes and spawning vehicles for deployment or testing. This is an ability that is otherwise very dangerous to allow a potentially random user to utilise, therefore moderators are entrusted with handling these requests.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
From my time being a part of this community, I have enjoyed the vast majority of it and I wish to extend my hand and help out however I can using my set of skills I have developed over the years. I have met a large number of individuals on this server that are genuinely a blast to be around as well as the respect I have for the majority of the current staffing team. Being able to represent the IG team would be an honour due to the amount of respect I currently hold. I wish to prove that I can be an excellent moderator as well due to that this is the only SWRP server I have frequented a sizeable amount and I believe from now experiencing the majority of the server, I wish for it to be the only server I frequent on in the entirety of Garry's Mod for the foreseeable future and as such, wish to become a part of the staff team so I can do my part in assisting this community to be the best it can be and consequentially the best pick for anyone to choose to be a part of. I also believe I am now well known in the immediate and active community among both users and staff members and have proven I am trustworthy enough to be able to hold a position such as this to provide my skills I have honed with previous experience within a community they continue to enjoy.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
I believe I can bring a very good work ethic into the staff team at least for myself and a sense of teamwork in order to help solve problems and ensure efficiency when dealing with anything, complex problems or simple tasks included. I believe I am easy to approach about anything, even on things I may need to learn or catch up on. I can learn how to complete unknown tasks very fast and can adapt very well to new or daunting situations that may require a significant amount of thought. I continue to sharpen my skills and adapt to new experiences in anything I am involved with, including the workplace, university, and communities. I believe I am adept in problem-solving due to my experience with other communities I have had the pleasure to be part of as well as learning experiences in schools and my current profession in the Information Technology sector, which I know can be indispensable for tasks that require critical thinking and moderate improvisation. Another aspect I can bring to the staff team is the ability to act professional and the ability to have fun and exude that fun for others to go with and they themselves are part of. This can be demonstrated in my roleplay situations I enact where I can act professional and serious in things that may require me to do so, but I can then also put some spins on that professionalism and create vibrant and enjoyable roleplay that is still necessary for others on the server, which can help as staff as it is imperative staff has a balance as it can be taxing, but something that should still be enjoyed. I am sure I can fulfil all of these skills provided and can execute tasks with an unparalleled sense of vigor and efficiency.

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
RDM (Random Deathmatch, or random killing) tends to be reported on right away by individuals, as such, if a Mass RDM had occurred, it is likely that multiple users would have sent tickets in an attempt to report such behaviour. If this happens, I would ensure I retrieve the SteamID of the potential culprit that just disconnected using the appropriate commands and run through any logs, eyewitnesses and video evidence that was provided by users or staff that do not handle these types of tasks. (i.e. Event Masters) If sufficient and consistent evidence has been gathered, then the culprit for the mass RDM will be warned with the following layout:

Mass RDM x# (# being the amount of kills made) | DC to avoid punishment | NITRP (if known to be a minge)

Once the warning has been given, the culprit will be given the required punishment which usually is a ban for approximately 1-4 weeks depending on the amount of users he randomly killed. If the amount of evidence cannot substantiate the claim that the mass RDM occurred the ban cannot be given to the player as punishments for these are usually quite harsh and falsely banning a player is extremely undesirable.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
If a claim of bullying has been provided by a player, the first course of action is to lead the involved parties into a staff sit in order to get an understanding of what is currently happening between them. To ensure the sit runs smoothly and no screaming matches occur, a responsible use of the mute command will be used to allow others to get a say in and explain what is currently happening. I would usually start with the alleged victim of the bullying/harassment and ask them what has been occurring, when has it been occurring and why they think the alleged perpetrators are harassing them. After getting a response, the opposite parties will be allowed to have their say and provide their side of the story and/or explain what is going on and if they are actually meaning to bully or harass an individual. (if substantial evidence was given immediately) Due to the potentially unkempt nature of harassment claims, logs are seldom needed for these cases as they very rarely can show a good enough picture to get an idea on what is going on. The usual way to prove harassment is going on by directly viewing it and recording it (spectating the user by either using a command or using a command to render oneself invisible and spectate from an angle if possible and/or the user recording their experiences) which can then provide an idea on the situation. As this can be ongoing the user who reported the abuse will be told they are able to freely provide any evidence on the matter if they feel it is substantial enough to prove the accused parties are guilty of abuse towards another player. If it is found they are due to this they will be warned with the following layout:

Bullying/Harassment

If the behaviour repeats and the parties do not cease their harassment they will be banned for a period of a week and warned with the following layout:

Consistent Bullying/Harassment

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
Staff abusing their power is extremely serious, and cannot be immediately dealt with as these individual are also staff, as such I would ensure I am proactive in gathering any evidence pertaining to the matter by means of screenshots or video evidence of any abuse of their abilities and if I believe it to be sufficient enough to prove without a doubt they are misusing their powers entrusted to them, I would report it to a senior staff member. If it is a senior staff member abusing said given powers then I would contact and provide evidence to the current owner(s) or high management as nobody is exempt from misusing their powers. Even small infringements should not be shrugged off as it may breed a sense that they’re allowed to break important rules on the server that they themselves should be exemplars and be someone who would ask about the rules, which would be hypocritical and unproductive.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) threats are extremely serious as they can be destructive to infrastructure of servers and software of a computer. Before I elaborate on what I would do in such an event that a user threatens to carry one out, I will briefly explain what a DDoS is just in case you may not know what it is.

A DoS attack is the act of attempting to render an entire infrastructure, server or website inoperable and unable to be accessed due to a perpetrator sending a large amount of phony requests to the victim PC which usually include connection requests, data retrieval requests or transactional requests. If enough fake requests are queued up, the legitimate requests will become unable to reach the host and the host may even crash if the traffic is enough and the system cannot handle such a huge amount. A DDoS is the same thing but the perpetrator computers are strewn around and encompass a large amount of clients that send phony requests as opposed to just one client, usually comprised in a bot army, which renders them much more dangerous as they have the power to require an entire server to reinstall software and hardware if severe enough due to the requests potentially overloading the resources the host can provide. As it is extremely costly and destructive, DoS and DDoS attacks are illegal in US and Australia to execute and can see culprits face jail time as it is under the computer crime umbrella.

Now that the information on DDoS attacks has been provided, I would go about bringing the user alleging the DDoS threat into a sit and attempt to defuse the situation if they are immediately hostile as they may be bitter or resentful competitors to the server we encompass. I ensure to let them know that attempting a DDoS is illegal and can be considered a crime which could see them being hit with a sentence if they execute the attack. If they defuse and calm down, even apologise I have to ensure they are still punished for threatening such a destructive event and as such I would warn them with the following layout:

Threatening to DDoS server

If they decide not to heed anything and still threaten the server then I would contact higher staff (if necessary) in order to instate a permanent ban on the user and warn them with the following layout:

Threatening to DDoS server | Did not listen to staff | Continued to threaten the attack | Permanent Ban

In the unlikely event they actually execute the attack, I would contact the current management about any information they would require such as IP addresses and MAC addresses and begin collecting anything that may be of use as since it is illegal to do so, pressing charges on the perpetrator would be the best option if we can deduce who and where it came from.

Terms & Conditions
Yes.

Edited by Cammers
Time changed
  • Upvote 5
  • Cammers changed the title to Cammers' Trial Moderator Application

+1

Great member of the community, although he only has 1 week and 4 days has made himself well known to the community, great guy, extremely active.

Would be a great fit for moderator

Best of luck man

• Like 1

+1

Whilst he may be a complete idiot whilst on the server. He knows how to separate roleplay and out of character. He can decipher what is and isnt roleplay. 

Edited by Binny
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Shepard said:

+1

Great member of the community, although he only has 1 week and 4 days has made himself well known to the community, great guy, extremely active.

Best of luck man

What he said

• Like 1

+1

I have nothing but good experiences with Cammers, every interaction I have had with him leads me to believe he would be a great fit for the role of Moderator. His application is very well written showing a level of care not always seen in these apps, the answers are well detailed and realistic. I must say though I am surprised about the playtime, even with his fairly low playtime he is quite well known and very active on the server.

• Like 1

+1 

----------------------------------------

| - Large amount of past staff experience / I do not doubt that he is able to hear both sides of the situation and come to a fair outcome

| - Friendly in interactions

| - Answers are in depth

| - Very Active

----------------------------------------

Good luck with the application.

Edited by Yuri
Cool Kid
  • Like 1

+1 

Another great staff member from Supremacy. Never let me down and was a blast to staff beside. 

Really friendly, knows what he is doing and is actively taking the initiative in becoming a reliable and welcoming community member.

Good luck, Dan.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Shepard said:

+1

Best of luck man

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Anderson said:

+1

I have nothing but good experiences with Cammers, every interaction I have had with him leads me to believe he would be a great fit for the role of Moderator. His application is very well written showing a level of care not always seen in these apps, the answers are well detailed and realistic. I must say though I am surprised about the playtime, even with his fairly low playtime he is quite well known and very active on the server.

+1 dude is a chad 

• Like 1

I'm honestly surprised Cammers only has one week. I've seen him pop up every so often for the past forever, and now more so that he's committed to leading the Medics I feel like he'd have a lot more time on the server. Nonetheless, I can verily much agree with everyone else on him joining the Staff Team.

He's friendly, supportive, and passionate. I believe he would be a great addition.

It's a +1 from me. Best of luck, lad.

Edited by Greyback
  • Like 1
On 2/17/2021 at 10:01 PM, Binny said:

+1

Whilst he may be a complete idiot whilst on the server. He knows how to separate roleplay and out of character. He can decipher what is and isnt roleplay. 

+1

Fuck me cammers, this felt like reading back on my ancient history essays but anyway:

Cammers is a great, friendly, mature and responsible guy. The application he has written is detailed and really shows that he cares about the community and wants to be able to help it in any way he can. I have talked to him since his first day on the server, not knowing what he was doing and since then he has come a long way. He can be a complete idiot as binny has stated but only when needed. I think he would great staff member and would bring a lot to the team. Good luck IC boyfriend. No homo.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Greyback said:

I'm honestly surprised Cammers only has one week. I've seen him pop up every so often for the past forever, and now more so that he's committed to leading the Medics I feel like he'd have a lot more time on the server. Nonetheless, I can verily much agree with everyone else on him joining the Staff Team.

He's friendly, supportive, and passionate. I believe he would be a great addition.

It's a +1 from me. Best of luck, lad.

• Like 1

TBH Cammers, previous to you joining MT, I didn't hold a highly opinion of you. I thought you didnt really have an intent for serious roleplay, and that you were here for the sole purpose of messing around.

When you joined MT however, I feel you shifted immensely in the right direction - you were running trainings, organising supports, etc, demonstrating an intent for serious RP. 

Now, moving into CO of that regiment, you've demonstrated maturity, leadership and organisational capabilities beyond that of most on the server.

Your application is also very well written, with excellent detail. You are also a highly experienced in the expectations and roles of staff, on other servers.

+1

• Like 1

+1

On 2/18/2021 at 5:18 PM, TomCos said:

• Like 1

Dude you are Soooo Annoying 

+1

• Mature, show goofs around a lot ingame, actually holds a mature mindset (was the Voice of Reason when in a Channel with shepard and myself)
  • Lots of Experience 
  • Well known around the community 
  • Likeable and friendly 
  • Was inactive Due to a lengthy LOA but now is fixing that.

Left eng ;-; 
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Neutral leaning towards +1

Look, you're a responsible dude, and decently well known throughout the community, but your playtime is low, and I don't see much that would display you as a good tmod.

• Upvote 1
On 2/17/2021 at 9:43 PM, Shepard said:

+1

Best of luck man

Too true, couldn’t have said it better myself +1 if it’s not clear

Edited by Ubermolen
  • Like 1

BUMP

Updated playtime, apologies for the minimal hours this week, just finished up a unit for university and I've just started work again at the MCG, activity picks up heaps more as of now :)