Garry  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

• Positive Support
    • Negative Support

• Time Played Imperial RP:
    1w 6d
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
    864003796_Screenshot2021-02-14121034.png.08d1187fb7052ec3d82a8979c7025373.png

• Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    No

• Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    No

• Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    No, I haven't been staff on any other servers or communities but always wanted to do it but haven't had any chance, but I would like to start off my experience with this server

• What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
    I believe that the purpose of moderators on the server is to deal with any issues that come up such like minges, failrp, keep the server fun for members of the community while making the time of the players on the server enjoyable also help out people that are having issues with other people on the server and all the large issues so the event moderators can do some fun events and not deal with anyone that is messing around on the server for example minges, failrp, hacking, exploiting, RDM (Random Deathmatch), breaking NLR (New Life Rule), micspamming, bullying/harassment. This includes player, staff and regiment disrespect and the most band thing is the people who LTAP (leave to avoid punishment).

• Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    I want to be Trial Moderator because I am a helpful, likeable, respectable, Meticulous, Inventive, Original, Patient, Particular, Knowledgeable, Cooperative, Positive, Imaginative, Sensitive, Trustworthy, Quick learner, I show good initiative when working with a group I would love to become a Trial Moderator because I think I can offer a lot to the server. One of my favourite things to do is interact with other users and see what they also enjoy about the game. if I become a Trial Moderator I can apply my qualities to help people in need and bring respect and order to the server, also I have enjoyed playing on this server a lot since I first joined.

• What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    I can bring to the staff team I am a healthful, likeable, respectable, Meticulous, Inventive, Original, Patient, Particular, Knowledgeable, Cooperative, Positive, Imaginative, Sensitive, Trustworthy, Quick learner, I will lesson to anyone I would love to become a staff member because I think I can bring a lot to the server. One of my favourite things to do is to help anybody that is in need. I hope if I become staff I can apply that. I have enjoyed playing on this server

• Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    I would check that the person did actually kill people, I would do so by checking logs, then I would investigate it which I would TP the people that is involved to the top of the ship so I can speak to each of them individually so I can work out whether it was a actual RDM or not.

• Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    I would step in and ask the person being bullied if they need any assistance incase they are friends just having a laugh, if i find they are infact bullying the player will be delt with in an appropriate manor.

• You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    I would record them abusing and then I would report it to a higher ranking

• Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    I would report to a high ranking staff member to inform them an possibility ddos attack and seek more advice on the situation

• Terms & Conditions
    Yes

• Steam Name:
    og gamres
Edited by Garry
  • Sad 1

I like you and I believe you've been on the server a good amount and people know you, but I seriously do not think the amount of detail you've put into this application is close enough for a consideration, granted you've never been staff but this server is very sizeable and has a lot of traffic and potential to be very strenuous and difficult to deal with.

Considering that, you haven't proven you are ready to fulfill the necessary duties you'd need to go through due to a frankly poor amount of detail given in this application. Most questions that are the lowest in detail are the ones that require a fair amount, as it is useful that you know how to deal with situations in either specific or improvisational ways. Some things may seem very simple, but an application for something like this I feel would require good skills in improvisation and understanding of different scenarios, even if they are similar to a certain one. (i.e. an RDM being caused due to someone getting annoyed or RDM due to actual targeted harassment)

That being said, I certainly think you have the temperament and enthusiasm to be able to be part of any staff team let alone this one, and you are very enjoyable to be around and do your part to make things fun and better for others.

I just believe right now with the uncertainty that you can do the job right now, I can't say I see you in a position like this yet, but there is always hope. You'll get there at some point and heck maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

Hey Garry! first of all I wish you luck with this application whatever the result come out of it better then you were before it. Instead of ranting on I have made points on what you can improve on now and what you can improve on overtime.

What you can act on now:

• Add more explanation to your scenario questions i.e what punishments you would give, specifically what rank staff member you would approach etc
  • This isn't required but increasing font size, creating space between questions and changing the color of questions can make your application more appealing and easier to read, anything that helps right
  • Consider applying for the support team

What you can work on overtime:

• Engage more with the community, be yourself, show the community that you can be mature, understand the server rules fully the sort of things that are required traits as a moderator.
    • Participate in events, approach more people in game create RP with these people, interaction is key!
  • The more experience the better, most of the staff team have been around the community for a long time, a good moderator does as best they can to understand the in and outs of the servers rules and how it runs, getting to know as many of the members in the community you are moderating is also important.

How you conduct yourself and how members know you in the community largely impacts applications as it is the community that judges whether a person is fit for a position based on what they see of you in the community.

Response

I do see the potential of a great moderator here but your not there yet Garry, take my feedback here and apply it, I grantee if you do and do so well you will have a strong application, but for now I will be leaving a Negative response on this application as I believe you are not ready yet.

Edited by Hyperion
  • Agree 1

Look, is there potential? Absolutely. 

Does the application best represent you, Garry? No. 

Whilst you’re from the UK, there are quite a few basic spelling mistakes and grammatical errors littered throughout the application

I want you to take Hyperion's feedback and gain more experience in the community. Mainly engaging with the server. This is really simple to do, you can participate in events, join public TS channels with others. Simply engaging with others in the community will exponentially increase your chances of getting accepted for Moderator. 

Nevertheless I wish you luck with your application and will unfortunately be leaving a -1

Edited by Binny

Absolutely nothing against you dude, but until the application has more than single line / 15 word responses, I'm forced to leave negative support. (will absolutely update this if you put a little more effort into the app)

Edited by Misahu

hey garry i am going to keep this short as i can but here are some points to work on

Getting known amongst people

More detail particularly in the shorter answers

I would love to +1 but i can't because i do not see you fit for a mod yet.

and i would reccomend you don't speak about mod apps before posting them

On 2/17/2021 at 8:19 AM, Hyperion said:

Hey Garry! first of all I wish you luck with this application whatever the result come out of it better then you were before it. Instead of ranting on I have made points on what you can improve on now and what you can improve on overtime.

What you can act on now:

• Add more explanation to your scenario questions i.e what punishments you would give, specifically what rank staff member you would approach etc
  • This isn't required but increasing font size, creating space between questions and changing the color of questions can make your application more appealing and easier to read, anything that helps right
  • Consider applying for the support team

What you can work on overtime:

• Engage more with the community, be yourself, show the community that you can be mature, understand the server rules fully the sort of things that are required traits as a moderator.
    • Participate in events, approach more people in game create RP with these people, interaction is key!
  • The more experience the better, most of the staff team have been around the community for a long time, a good moderator does as best they can to understand the in and outs of the servers rules and how it runs, getting to know as many of the members in the community you are moderating is also important.

How you conduct yourself and how members know you in the community largely impacts applications as it is the community that judges whether a person is fit for a position based on what they see of you in the community.

Response

I do see the potential of a great moderator here but your not there yet Garry, take my feedback here and apply it, I grantee if you do and do so well you will have a strong application, but for now I will be leaving a Negative response on this application as I believe you are not ready yet.

Well said. I am willing to change my responce.

On 2/17/2021 at 12:00 PM, Misahu said:

Absolutely nothing against you dude, but until the application has more than single line / 15 word responses, I'm forced to leave negative support. (will absolutely update this if you put a little more effort into the app)

good luck :D

Edited by Nine
  • 1 month later...