Curly's PAC3 Tier 2 Application

Curly  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

• Positive Support
    • Negative Support

Curly's Tier 2 PAC3 Application

What have you learned about PAC since receiving Tier 1?

• After receiving Tier 1 PAC3, I have become more comfortable with using it, and I believe I have become more creative and experienced with the process of creating and adding to PAC's. Throughout my usage of PAC3 Tier 1, I have learnt to use external tools such as VTFedit, Crowbar and Photoshop, and using these to import models off the steam workshop and make custom materials/models. I have also slowly added more and more to my pre-existing regimental PAC's, being custom weapons or armor, or improving RP/immersion with typing animations or items my character may hold. I have recently experimented with tools I have previously not been familiar with or ever used such as halo and more in depth events. So far having access to PAC3 has been able to create more RP and enabled me to become my own unique character.

Why do you deserve PAC3 Tier 1?

• I believe I deserve access to PAC3 Tier 2, as I am responsible and trustworthy, and would not abuse it in any way. In my opinion, my PAC3's that I have constructed are quality outfits and incorporate different ideas and aspects from other games or media, such as my droid from Destiny, and my staff/pike from the Clone Wars, which was used by Coruscant Guards. With obtaining PAC3 Tier 2, I would take the opportunity to improve RP and create impressiveness within the server, such as utilizing the privileges of Tier 2 like experimental model, and custom animations . With the access to experimental model, custom animation and sounds, there would be limitless opportunities.

What have you created with PAC since receiving Tier 1?:

• Since I have received Tier 1, I have created different PAC3's for multiple regiments, which will be listed. A PAC3 made for Medical Troopers, which was originally used for a chain passive event, contains devices/items such as a bacta patch, for RP, and a Datapad for scanning/analyzing. The Medic 'injector tool, which is used to take DNA/Cure viruses, is replaced with a syringe/needle, which is more RP friendly. My NOVA PAC3 has used events and bones to create unique stances for putting my guns on safety. It also has replaced a weapon with a custom modified DC15A, along with a custom pauldron using submaterials and importing custom materials. I also have PAC3's for other regiments such as Shock Troopers and Engineers. These PAC's all include details such as custom weapons and armor, along with datapads or using comms devices for typing. I have also created countless smaller PAC3's for events, whether being an EC or the EM, to create diversity within the Event Characters, such as a Mandalorian PAC, which utilizes holdtypes combined with bones to create animations for weapons such as wrist rockets and flamethrowers.

Examples (Google Document): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gQSL5HuxQ-SY10sXSYXrRczdQDav6riCPQZRA3nkQII/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Curly
*aesthetic*
  • Curly changed the title to Curly's PAC3 Tier 2 Application

I'm neutral leaning towards -1 on the application currently. I only see one real utilisation of Tier two in the examples provided, with what appears to be a flame sprite in the Mando example. I don't really see any examples that actually show Tier Two tools that are afforded to it's users like model 2, custom animations, jiggle or sound. All of the examples provided so far only seem to use Tier 1. I understand that other examples will be coming which is why I've taken the liberty of neutralling as my opinion is subject to change with an updated examples list.

• Agree 1

Neutral (Is subject to change)

Whilst I love you as a person. I can't give you an official +1 for the following reasons:

- Your examples are quite basic and are right now in my opinion examples for a Tier 1 application. 

- Whilst your examples show off your ability to import custom materials and models, It doesnt show off your ability to use tier 2 applications. 

I'd recommend creating fresh and unque pac's that use Tier 2 tools to best show of your ability! 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, Binny said:

Neutral (Is subject to change)

Whilst I love you as a person. I can't give you an official +1 for the following reasons:

- Your examples are quite basic and are right now in my opinion examples for a Tier 1 application. 

- Whilst your examples show off your ability to import custom materials and models, It doesn't show off your ability to use tier 2 applications. 

I'd recommend creating fresh and unique Pac's that use Tier 2 tools to best show of your ability! 

Additionally, I would also recommend against putting the ghost  bot into your examples as from my knowledge it's a pastebin that is widely available.
Otherwise, everything else has already been said by Binny and Yeff. 
Best of luck.

4 minutes ago, Mongo said:

Additionally, I would also recommend against putting the ghost  bot into your examples as from my knowledge it's a pastebin that is widely available.
Otherwise, everything else has already been said by Binny and Yeff. 
Best of luck

Yeah, will have that one removed as I had forgotten it was a pastebin

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP

Starting to get better with custom animations

I have created a work in progress Inquisitor PAC3, which includes a custom animation (see google doc). It is based off of Darth Mauls force choke/throw in Star Wars Battlefront 2. 

Thank you! :)

Neutral 

The pac's look good for a tier 1

for a tier 2 i want to see something creative and good looking ( maybe implement one of your old halloween packs or something )

• Facepalm 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Lucky locked this topic