SKY's removal is nonsense

Why is an army regiment being removed without the consultation/approval from anyone within AHC?

What’s the point of having AHC if higher powers are just going to go over their heads with army changes.

It genuinely confuses me that it’s at the point where AHC have to raise awareness to the public about their dis-approval about army changes forced by higher powers that they themselves should be the ones giving the approval for.

Edited by Splonter
  • Upvote 7

My boys in SKY doing us all proud.

Wouldn't be the same if they got removed. Reckon Lister will be a good fit and everyone else in SKY are doing commendable.

Not gonna lie though being an EC against SKY can sometimes be disheartening.

• Upvote 1

I am honestly disgusted that this was even approved, removing an active regiment that has a dedicated commander for a custom regiment for someone who doesn't even play on the server. The clear bias from management towards a few members of the community is stupid

I am not sorry if you think this comment is out of line

Edited by Galle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, Galle said:

I am honestly disgusted that this was even approved, removing an active regiment that has a dedicated commander for a custom regiment for someone who doesn't even play on the server. The clear bias from management towards a few members of the community is stupid

I am not sorry if you think this comment is out of line

Bailey wasnt the one behind this, he was intending to take varactyl/riot not sky

• Upvote 2
Just now, Galle said:

I am sorry if you think this comment is out of line, I am merely speaking my mind

I completely agree Galle and I’m appalled that this got approved. I think there is a lack of communication between management and the community. I don’t know how this got approved.

Alright, I think everyone's opinions on the matter have been made clear.

I'm going to be locking the post from any additional input so it doesn't get completely flooded. 

I understand people are frustrated, however that does not excuse the disrespect towards management and other members of the community.

Thank you everyone for your input.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 6

Hey All.

I'll start by sharing our perspective on it and how we were viewing the situation. 

When we initially brought in the Army Restructure, one of the strengths that was immediately clear was how flexible it could be with new regiments being brought in and out as the months progress. Gusky and I were keen to see this strength realised which when Rachel stepped down from Sky, we thought it would be a good opportunity to explore possibilities.

When we were discussing this decision 2-3 days ago, Sky had Lister as a potential CO as well as 5 players including him that had been on the server in the past week. Only 3 of those 5 players at the time of discussion were what I would consider to be active (7-8 hours or more). Whilst there wasn't inherently wrong with the regiment of Sky, I don't believe it to be a "must-keep" regiment like Medics or Stormtroopers. The attitude of if it isn't broke don't fix it is in my opinion, flawed and only leads to stagnation and boredom.

There seems to be an understanding that AHC weren't consulted, they were. Primarily with Theta but I was aware of the opinions that Noni and Pro held. The opinions shared on this forums thread were not the ones that we read or received. However, as Sky is designated as a donator regiment, the balance is a little different. I won't speak for Theta but as far as I was aware, Theta was fine with the idea and Noni wanted Varactyl squad to be Riot, which was approved for the other donator regiment. With this in mind, Gusky and I thought it was appropriate for the decision to go ahead as AHC and Management don't always agree completely on situations and compromises are frequently made.

In light of this thread, we'll be keeping the regiment as Sky and putting the other plans on hold. 

Cecil

• Thinking 2
  • Poggers 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 6