SKY's removal is nonsense

I agree with this, sky is currently missing one person, whatever regiment it gets replaced with be displacing 7 people. Sky is also 2nd place on the elite regiment board so they obviously are doing very well (FT first ;) ). I completely disagree with the removal of sky troopers unless some overwhelming reason is given as to why sky should be replaced.

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, cornelius said:

proof????

Well it’s been a regiment on the server for a long time and is yet to fully fail, they have also placed 2nd on the elite regiment board for this month meaning that they have had the 2nd most placings of all Military regiments meaning they are doing quite well I’d say.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 9

I completely agree with this. The way in which they have been removed/replaced is completely stupid.
Someone who currently does not even play the server enough to be considered active came in and donated for a regiment which shouldn't honestly have been up on the dono store in the 1st place because they had an extremely active ACO and anextremely active regiment who take up almost the entire company. they love the regiment and have shown countless dedication yet are just being told that it's being taken away.
I honestly think this is really biased as no one else would really be able to come in and donate to get their own custom regiment, let alone donate to kill an active 7/7 slot regiment just to bring in something that no one else had been informed beforehand.

Edited by Joel
  • Upvote 10
2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Companies are currently being reduced to a total of 7 slots by Gusky.

There have been an overwhelming ratio of ST's to other regs in the last week atleast I have noticed. I personally do not believe we need to be cutting down and if anything we should be adding new regiments and more slots. I would like to hear a counter argument.

• Downvote 2
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Julius said:

There have been an overwhelming ratio of ST's to other regs in the last week atleast I have noticed. I personally do not believe we need to be cutting down and if anything we should be adding new regiments and more slots. I would like to hear a counter argument.

I was not the one who made the call, I assume this will all eventually be explained by Gusky, until then, its just best to wait.

• Agree 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Hello, for those who do not know me, I am Rachel a not so active forums user but an active member in the Imperial Gaming GMOD Community.

I have recently left the spot of SKY Commander because of my own personal reasons knowing Lister, the current ACO, will do a good job with the regiment, I am still however in charge until Lister is out of the ACO stage so I have been helping him and still bonding with the SKY members. I have recently heard about how the 275th SKY Division will be removed and this has got me so confused to why this is happening, everyone in the regiment is doing just fine, everyone is doing what they are told and making sure they are doing what they always should while on the server as a SKY Trooper. I was told within rumors that this is happening to replace SKY with a new regiment, while everyone always wants a new regiment, what I feel like and all the SKY members feel like is this is that is just stupid, while this would bring in the players for that regiments spot, it will also most likely remove the people in SKY from the server due to a silly choice that doesn't need to be made.

I'll sum this up in a few points.

- SKY doesn't need to be replaced

- Everyone in SKY is doing a good job and doesn't need to be replaced.

- Wanting a new Regiment will add and remove players

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I appreciate it. If you could please try to keep SKY in Imperial Gaming, myself and everyone in SKY will thank you.

- Rachel.

I completely agree with the statement and find it really unfair, I've always noticed that sky usually get placings either 1st or 2nd and the hard work all their troopers put in, it seems much more unfair that you've gotten second place on the elite regiment board yet people are talking about removing it? It makes no sense due to how well sky are working so hard out in the field just for their regiment to be thrown into shambles, I'm pretty sure this was just off poor decision making and I hope who ever thought about it in the first place will re-think the entire idea. 

• Upvote 4

Yeah I agree with this.
Sky troopers are undoubtedly the most unique regiment on the server with an entirely different playstyle compared to every other regiment in the army branch.
The Sky Division is the only regiment on the server that allows flight without the requirements of a starfighter (Except Inquisitors). You're effectively deleting a regiment on the server that holds that distinction for whatever it's getting replaced with; there's nothing more distinct and unique than the ability to fly with a jetpack. 

Additionally, the Sky Division an active regiment with dedicated players in it. Why change it? It's unfair for the majority of those affected, especially considering the fact that apparently nobody in the relevant parties were informed prior. 

Everyone currently in Sky disagrees with this change. Even a lot of us outside of Sky have showed our disagreement and disapproval towards the idea of removing the Sky Division. 

Hopefully something fair comes out of this. 

• Upvote 12

I 100% agree that the removal of sky is a bad decision. Sky has been doing really well right now. I don’t see how a perfectly good regiment should be removed from the server without the approval from all of skys current members and IHC. I know for a fact that myself and noni disagree with this decision.

Removing sky seems be the biased and replacing it with a new regiment and commander. replacing a good ACO of an active regiment and not even consulting all members of IHC and SKY first, seems like a mistake.

I wasn’t given a say in this and I’m glad someone made a forums post.

Edited by Pro
-
  • Upvote 11

I just had somebody explain what happened to me, it took approximately 7 seconds to come to the conclusion that this is a dumb decision.

More thought needs to be given to decisions that affect your playerbase. Look at the outcome of this decision, I have never seen a decision more unanimously hated by the community. This just shows an absolute lack of care for the people affected by this decision.

That is all that is worth saying. I am very disappointed.

• Upvote 5

I also agree that swapping SKY out at the moment is a bad call. Changing up a regiment that's empty or only has 1 or 2 active members is one thing, but as it's been very clearly stated SKY is doing rather well at the moment.

I'll agree that a little bit of small change to regiments might be quite refreshing and welcome, but there's definatley something better we can do than this. 

• Upvote 6
Just now, HenDoge said:

I also agree that swapping SKY out at the moment is a bad call. Changing up a regiment that's empty or only has 1 or 2 active members is one thing, but as it's been very clearly stated SKY is doing rather well at the moment.

I'll agree that a little bit of small change to regiments might be quite refreshing and welcome, but there's definatley something better we can do than this. 

100% agreed, HenDoge.

• Upvote 2

There is no problem whatsoever with Sky at the moment, there has really been no problem since the change from JT to 17th Sky, Sky is definitely one of the best regiments to go to when you want to have some amazing fun. When I was in Sky I had such a fun time whether it be in events or just training, removing the jetpack regiment just removes variety from the army. 

In my opinion Sky should be the last regiment to consider removing from army.   

• Upvote 1

i wasnt going to speak my mind because i dont like being a bother but last night i honestly felt like leaving the community and gmod rp in general the same mistakes just keep getting repeated time and time again new regiments dont succeed past the first few months unless they are far outside the scope of any other regiment there no point imo adding another reg thats a cookie cutter infantry based reg when the one getting replaced is one of the most unique army regiments in terms of combat tactics 

Edited by Lister
  • Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Noni said:

Well it’s been a regiment on the server for a long time and is yet to fully fail, they have also placed 2nd on the elite regiment board for this month meaning that they have had the 2nd most placings of all Military regiments meaning they are doing quite well I’d say.

source????

• Disagree 1
  • Downvote 7
Just now, cornelius said:

source????

They have literally received the 2nd most event placements on the server out of all army regiments.

• Poggers 1

I'll put it really simply, No.

Whilst the Sky Division don't particularly have any other job then 'fly & flank', that shouldn't remove the fact that they are the ONLY regiment currently capable of such things with such ease. ISC, too obvious. CompForce, easily spotted by Thermals & Weapons. Removing Sky Troopers does have its positives, but the negatives dramatically outweigh those of the positives; it yields no benefit to the Army, from an IC & OOC standpoint.

Whilst I will admit guarding Engine Room for hours on end is shit & boring, the roster for Sky has always been strong. It's a natural ability for the regiment to bounce back stronger with proper guidance, as well as people who are enthusiastic & driven by a belief that Sky is undoubtedly one of, if not, the strongest regiment on the server.

There is currently nothing wrong with the regiment, it has merely suffered the loss of an official Commanding Officer. Why bother changing something that yields no benefit?

• Upvote 3