New Army Regiment Ideas

As it currently stands with Army's recent restructure the system is more modulated with it being much easier for AHC to introduce & move around regiments as needed. A previous list of regiments has been provided showing what may potentially be added in the future, however that being said these are limited to our ideas & recommendations. As such we would like to hear what the wider community thinks and would like to see what you have to add to our lineup of potential regiments.

If anyone wishes to suggest a regiment whether its cannon, legends or custom either leave a comment below, contact a member of AHC or fill out the form shown Here. Feel free to add as much/little detail as you want, though we can only work with what's given. Any and all ideas are appreciated.

• Upvote 3

Grapple Hooks.... but with a twist, they work.

-----------

In all honesty, I want an actual reconnaissance regiment - S.C.A.R (Task Force 99)/ Shadow / Wolfpack.

I do understand there is already ARC (Advanced Recon Commandos) but I barely see them utilised as actual recon, and instead just used another legion's version of Imperial Commandos.

Spoiler

The reason in my eyes that ARC are not used as recon is sometimes the EM Major Generals or the Ground Commander not actually using regiments in the fields they are strongest and just sending everyone in one glob just to attack a base or location. There is also the issue of EM Major General not being able to hold troopers at the LZ long enough to establish some form of unity.

Heavy Regiment (not explosives or anything) but regiments like 374th/Juggernaut Troopers/a custom regiment of the server.

but y'know, take it with a grain of salt most of it is just nostalgia or a dream.

• Upvote 3

Task Force 99 where it's actually TF-99 rather than the knock-off ARC pilots that we used for SCAR.

They'd be another epic squad. 
Kreel with a lightsaber
Misty with a powerful sniper rifle
Zuke with heavy weapons
Etc.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 7
10 hours ago, Kristofer said:

Task Force 99 where it's actually TF-99 rather than the knock-off ARC pilots that we used for SCAR.

They'd be another epic squad. 
Kreel with a lightsaber
Misty with a powerful sniper rifle
Zuke with heavy weapons
Etc.

The last time this happened....let's just say some people were quite....power hungry - Never Again Please - Never Again

• Agree 1
15 hours ago, Yuri said:

I do understand there is already ARC (Advanced Recon Commandos) but I barely see them utilised as actual recon, and instead just used another legion's version of Imperial Commandos.

I understand the way you see things, but we do push for ARC to do recon in events sometimes it is just overlooked

Edited by Kippy
  • Poggers 1
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Yuri said:

In all honesty, I want an actual reconnaissance regiment - S.C.A.R (Task Force 99)/ Shadow / Wolfpack.

+1 to the Recon regiment(s)

Though problem that we find now is that almost all the regiments on the server lack something exclusive. All successful regiments have something special about them that no other regiment has. For example, Storm Commando's back in late 2018 were a solid regiment due to their grapple hooks, which no other regiment had access to. Sadly they were removed somewhere in 2019 and thus Storm Commando's lost its spark. I think that it should be within AHC and Managements interests to try and bring exclusivity back to regiments and make them more appealing/enjoyable for new and old members of the community.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 3

As I'm not currently in army I think that I can provide an outside perspective on potential regiments that might be similar to a new/returning player. I think what needs to be done is you sit down and make a list of the current regiments with a (very) brief description of what they do.

I think you need to look at the list and compare it to any new regiments and see whether there are conflicts that could arise in the roles each regiment does. For those saying a scouting regiment, I don't think that is a good idea instead use the current ones that exist otherwise its going to be another dead/non-functioning regiment. So to be able to find a regiment that would be a good fit/replacement you'd need to have a unique role for it within the Imperial Army.

In my opinion Shadow Troopers as a four man squad would make a good fit as there are no army regiments that fit that role currently (that I can think of).

Another one would be an Explosives ordinance regiment however, with this you'd start to get into the territory of Shore troopers and even Imperial Commandos. Shore and IC could fall into a secondary and tertiary role for explosives but that's still iffy.

Keep in mind this is from my perspective of what each regiment does, they most likely and probably do, do have extra roles on top of this.

• 439th
    • Stormtroopers - Base Line/Default Infantry
    • Medical Company - Mainline medics & looks over 
    • ARC Troopers - Scout/Recon (and lots of trainings/sims)
  • 501st
    • Vader's Fist/Carnivore Brigade - Infantry
    • Storm Commandos - Scout/Anti-Terrorism
    • Imperial Commandos - Elite Commando squad (as well as sub specs)
  • 107th
    • Shock - Security
    • Nova - High Level Personnel Guarding
    • Varactyl - Heavy Troopers (Similar to riot but without tasers)
  • 275th
    • Shoretroopers - Defensive Troopers (Also deal with explosives)
    • Sky - Jet Packs
    • Flame - Flame throwers

edit: whatever it is please don't be clones

Edited by Twist
  • Upvote 1

As a previous Commanding officer of SCAR and someone who has very fond memories of it. I'll say it right now, there is no place for SCAR in the current state of the server. SCAR were a recon reg with snipers and cloak. So unless they are reformed for a new purpose or with a new kit, theres no way of implementing them without stepping on the toes of Storm Commandos and Compforce.

Recon is already hardly utilised  in events with the 4 squads that are currently meant for it, adding a 5th isn't going to help. Shadow is likely to run into many of the same issues here should it be implemented. 

• Upvote 2