Binny's Trial Moderator Application

Binny  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

• Positive Support
    • Negative Support

--------------BUMP--------------

just to clarify for new members reviewing my application, those February warns are from 2020. An entire year ago :)

Edited by Binny
On 2/3/2021 at 6:26 AM, Boshi said:

Personal Opinion:
As a long standing superior to Quinny/Binny as a staff member, I can confidently say that within his time as a staff member on Supremacy Networks he always put in all of his effort to take substantial amounts of tickets/claims. 
He acquired the rank of Senior Administrator with ease as he had shown great leadership qualities, was assertive during all administrative situations, helpful to new staff members and most importantly, genuinely a good guy.
What also made my job easier is that, if there were any reports made on him, it was easily dealt with as he always had evidence on hand and never punished anyone without substantial evidence to stand on.

Keypoints:
-Knowledge within rules
-Great initiative
-Great Leader
-Helpful all-round
-Good lad
-Possible Femboy >.<

Negatives:
-is fat

+1

Sums it up really well. 

Good luck, Quinny!

• Poggers 1
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 1
On 2/6/2021 at 9:10 PM, Delta said:
  • you have got to be the biggest shit stirrer around to this day, you just never know when to keep your mouth shut.
  • Granted, someone with your level of confidence can be a good thing, but in my opinion you will have to tone it down with moderation around this community.
  • Good Previous experience and activity

I definitely would be worried when it comes to compnor sits if you would be biased or not. However saying that when it comes to situations you always take care in time with what you say, this kind of skill is definitely necessary for a moderator. Knowing you've had staff experience in the past I do think you'd be a good candidate.

+1 

• Like 1

+1

Binny is well known within IG and he seems to have the maturity and logical thinking to become a Moderator within the community, Best of luck

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Neutral 

At the moment I am honestly yet to have a positive interaction with you

I've heard/seen/been made aware from certain members of the community you seem to dislike for you trying to call failrp sits or similar when you aren't happy with the outcome of a situation or you consider an invalid death despite others agreeing what happened to be valid
You're known for purposely trying to bait members of the community into roleplay situations in order to arrest and punish in game for things out of their control because you have a sour relationship with them, which does not give me high hopes for what you'd do in a moderator position with these players 

And as of this moment you are involving yourself and encouraging player harassment, encouraging members of the community to feud and not attempting to defuse the situation but I'd argue escalate it, at this moment based on that alone I am unsure on how proper you'd handle the bullying example in your post 

Prior point spoken out about in discord and the situation fully understood by both sides invovled 

Hopefully our interaction in the future improves  and my opinion on this is changed :) 

Edited by ArdatLile
  • Thinking 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ArdatLile said:

At the moment I am honestly yet to have a positive interaction with you

I've heard/seen/been made aware from certain members of the community you seem to dislike for you trying to call failrp sits or similar when you aren't happy with the outcome of a situation or you consider an invalid death despite others agreeing what happened to be valid
You're known for purposely trying to bait members of the community into roleplay situations in order to arrest and punish in game for things out of their control because you have a sour relationship with them, which does not give me high hopes for what you'd do in a moderator position with these players 

And as of this moment you are involving yourself and encouraging player harassment, encouraging members of the community to feud and not attempting to defuse the situation but I'd argue escalate it, at this moment based on that alone I am unsure on how proper you'd handle the bullying example in your post 

Hopefully our interaction in the future improves  and my opinion on this is changed :) 

Spoiler

Right. Well to get started I want to thank you for actually putting the time in to give some feedback on how I am perceived from a member of the community that I don't really interact with at all. 

In regards to "baiting members into roleplay situations so I can arrest them" is a little outlandish as I know from experience what the server rules are and how roleplay flows. I've never once went out of my way to bait a member into putting themselves into situations that they don't want to be in.  As a member within the community that almost has an entire year of experience within Shock and Security, I know the functions and mechanics of what sort of authority I have in roleplay. 

However, I'm a little concerned that you think I encourage player harassment? Id be happy to discuss this in TeamSpeak as I have no intention on supposedly harassing members of the community. I do understand that I may come across as hostile and violent over my in game roleplay. But I can guarantee you that I can separate my roleplay from OOC scenarios. I have experience with moderating duties and can fulfil them with ease. 

This POV has been shared before in a sense, by another member of the community that I didn't interact with at all. They gave me feedback from an external POV about how I cant separate In character from OOC. But since then I've actually shown that member of the community that I can do the things that they thought I couldn't. Whilst our interactions are quite minimal, I do appreciate your feedback and I'll continue to show parts of the community that I don't interact with on an OOC level, that I am fit for this role. I'd love to talk in a teamspeak about this so called 'harassment' and or 'baiting members into roleplay situations'. 

Cheers. 

Discussed in Discord. I'm now fully aware of what Ardat is talking about. 

Edited by Binny
  • Thinking 1
  • Downvote 1
55 minutes ago, Binny said:

In regards to "baiting members into roleplay situations so I can arrest them" is a little outlandish as I know from experience what the server rules are and how roleplay flows. I've never once went out of my way to bait a member.

sorry binny but i have to disagree on you with this as this is something that is semi common.
just an example from about 2-3 days ago was with veteran when he couldn't move anywhere but you and @Misahu tried to say he was blocking you even though he had told you over and over about he couldn't move. 
i'd call this baiting because he couldn't do a single thing and you went through with the arrest.

• Thinking 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 2

All my experiences with Binny have been positive, never had a problem with him. Ever since joining Riot like...4 days ago? He's done nothing but create an enjoyable environment for the entire 62nd, like it's genuinely the most fun I've had on the server. Really hope you get the position Binny, don't let the "he says, she says" stuff get to you :D

+1

• Thinking 1
  • Poggers 1

On my time at IG i have had MANY interactions with you over the past couple weeks. Some i can say have been frustrating and annoying. After reading everyone comments on your application i can agree with most. Good and bad. I do believe you have great intentions for RP and for the server but i can also agree with some people with a more negative aspect. Over the last couple weeks though i have seen a great step up from you. I do believe that you are more than capable for this position and i wish you the bestest of luck with your application 

-Craig

Was neutral. Now 1+ 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BUMP

New Formatted Questions!

You see a civilian killing others without an obvious roleplay reasoning behind it, what do you do?:

The first course of action would be to bring the civilian into a sit, isolated from other players. Then question what roleplay they told the staff member who set them would be, then to further question what he was doing. If his roleplay is sketchy and doesn't make sense, Id bring the people they killed and get their side of the story. It would then fall under RDM and the civilian would be getting warned. This would come as, RDM x# | FailRP | Blacklist Civilian 3 Days. 

A user has been given tools for training. You soon discover they are using the tools to prop kill and prop block. What course of action do you take?:

Immediately remove said tools from the user, then freeze the player with my physgun. I then remove all props blocking areas and then tell the user to remove his props or he will receive further punishment. If he refuses this further adds to the NITRP. I would then warn the user with Prop Kill x# | Propblock | NITRP | Not Listening to Staff | Soft Ban 2 days

This can also be accompanied with a blacklist of tools for a prolonged period of time. 

A player enters the servers and begins to make racial slurs. What do you do?:

Immediately bring the player into a sit, isolated from other public. Tell him that it isn't tolerated on the server. Verbally Warn him and log it onto the spreadsheet. If he continues, push for further punishment with the higher ranking staff on at the time. If I am the only staff member on, give him a 1 day soft ban too cool down.