Imperial Gaming Tournament Suggestion

image.png.d17e6401df98402c00b64b1e4ddfa145.png

Imperial Gaming Tournament Suggestion

Disclaimer: This, like nearly all my other posts are suggestions and inquiries, I am merely pitching my idea to the community and staff team at large and am no way signifying any drama or discord between the community, I encourage any and all to give actual feedback or input in the comments below as, even if you are entirely against I would love to hear your feedback. Furthermore, while some of these suggestions may not be needed right now, or in the close future, this post forms to keep the idea at the back of the communities mind in the case that it is ever wanted/needed.

Back when Wolf was still Community Owner I remember him hosting a league of legends tournament, my brain is a little fuzzy around these areas so I'm not exactly sure the fundamentals behind the tournament or the prize given to the winner/s. My proposal is this, to bring back tournaments but on a monthly rotation, headed by management, staff or simply the community. I feel tournaments in such a large community would make a fun event for a majority of the users playing, and may provide a community wide relief from Star Wars roleplay that isnt a new gmod server. These events could rotate from game to game like this small makeshift schedule;

Month 1

• Game: League of Legends
  • Style: 5v5, Summoners rift
  • Type: Knockout type tournament (when a team loses they are knocked out)
  • Prize: Determined by management,
    • Example prizes:
    • Credits off donation store 
    • Server badge
    • Forum colour/rank/award (Think back to my forum post on forum achievements)

Month 2

• Game: Garrys Mod
  • Style: Tag Team Tournament (2v2v2v2)
  • Type: Squad duels
    • Example prizes:
    • Server badge

Month 3

• Game: CSGO
  • Style: Classic Rotation: Dust2, Office
  • Type: Bomb defusal/hostage
    • Example prizes:
    • Server badge

Month 4 - Random Event

• Game: Minecraft
  • Style: FFA
  • Type: Timed event (Similar to hunger games)
    • Example prizes:
    • Server badge

etc etc.

Again, these events can be hosted by anyone, since the incentive is to play together and to win the prizes, so whoever officially hosts a tournament can decide to put their own money or some other type of prize in the pool, but it is better to be hosted by the management team. I feel this will incite more community engagement, even a tournament where its the management/staff team versus the community would be pretty cool.

• Agree 2
  • Upvote 1