STEAM_0:1:208043651
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    R. Donovan
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    15 weeks 3 days and 7 hours
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
    image.png.dadb0f0167be4f5fb775c1584e5b7313.png
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    I have had 2 warns altogether:

1. DC to avoid arrest September 14th 2018

2. RDM Date: December 5th 2018
  • Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    7 day ban for sending inappropriate content to users 30-04-2019 - by all means message me if you would like to know more about the ban.
  • Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    Imperial Gaming Clone Wars RP Event Master (01/2019 - 03/2019)

The Order Imperial RP Server Manager (02/2020) - (04/2020)

Imperial Gaming Imperial RP Event Master (07/2020 - 11/2020)
  • What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
  • I believe the purpose of a moderator is to enforce server rules and safeguard the serious RP experience Imperial Gaming has to offer as well as to ensure a pleasurable Star wars RP experience. The role of a moderator is to act as a neutral participant in a discussion (In this case staff sits) as well as to keep players from straying off topic (Star Wars). A big part of being a Moderator is making the fairest decisions without the hindrance of personal feelings or thoughts, in this case it is to ensure serious RP is always in affect and be willing serve judgment to rule breakers and players that ruin the RP experience for other players. Not only this, but I also believe it is the purpose of a Moderator to assist every and all members of the community without bias and to be willing to go beyond the call of duty to ensure every player’s time on Imperial Gaming is a memorable and joyful one.
  • Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    I am applying to become a Trial Moderator for many reasons but mainly and most importantly because I care about this community and all its members.
    Imperial Gaming is more than just a Garry's Mod Star Wars RP server, it is a living and breathing community built on comradeship that myself and a lot of other members have come to call an online home. Moderators make Imperial gaming a better experience for everyone that is a part of it, and I want to dedicate my time to be able to give back to the IG community for my many years of enjoyment. In the past I was an Event Master, and I enjoyed every second of it, creating fun exciting events for the server being able to make an impact on the players was a privilege, I want to be able to do so again but this time as a Moderator.
  • What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    Having been a previous Event Master for over 6 months in total having served on Imperial gaming’s Clone Wars and Imperial servers most recently as an Event Master on Imperial for 4 months of which I spent creating and running quality and well thought out events. Besides community positions I have reached the high-ranking position of Commander (CL4) in the ISB serving as 2IC I deal with many issues and handle classified information daily. Moreover, I have been a part of the Imperial Gaming community for almost 3 years, growing up with most of the staff and users that still play on the server since I first joined in July 2018. I believe I am extremely qualified for a moderator position not just because of my achievements and activity but because I have had my fair share of trouble in the past, I have experienced what is it like to be on both sides of a staff sit. Some may see this as nothing to boast about, but I think it gives me an edge, the more you can understand a situation the better it will conclude.
  • Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    I would immediately check admin logs to determine the extent of the RDM (how many players were killed, who killed who etc) then using the Steam ID of the player that Mass RDM'd and DC'd I would check their previous warns and bans. After collecting evidence of the RDM and DC I would consult with another staff member on what punishment should be given. If the player has a history of bad behavior, then for example I would determine a longer ban to be a suitable punishment along with a warn. If the player was a first-time offender, then punishment would be lesser say a 3 day ban but this would also determine the extent of the RDM.
  • Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    I would immediately start recording my game play with my recording software (OBS) then ask the victim to tell me what happened. Once I have collected the victim’s statement I would then bring the player accused of bullying to my location (A desolate environment) where I would then begin recording my game play again using my recording software (OBS) then I would inform the accused of the allegation then ask for their statement. Once I have retrieved both statements, I would then take it to a higher-ranking staff member (Admin, Senior Moderator, Staff Manager) and inform him/her of the situation and then send him the recordings then based on his/her decision the player would be receive a just punishment dependent on the seriousness of the bullying as it is not tolerated in the IG community.
  • You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    I will immediately begin recording the abuse in order to collect evidence to potentially present to management. I would then inform the staff member that their actions are abusing staff powers. If they continue to abuse their powers then I would continue to record while also locating a member of management to inform them of the situation, providing the evidence proving the abuse of their power. Depending on the environment where the abuse takes place I would look to find any potential witnesses to the staff member abusing their power in order to solidify the evidence as being indisputable.
  • Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    I would collect evidence of the player making the threat whether that be screenshots if said in chat or video recordings if said in game. I would then collect as much information as I can about the player making the threat such as previous bans, warns etc. If a player notifies staff of another player threatening to DDOS the server I would request any form of evidence proving so such as a screen recording or screen shot of the threat being made if said evidence is provided, I would inform a higher ranking staff member of said threat then based of their decision the player would be then permanently banned or community banned.
  • Terms & Conditions
    Yes
  • Steam Name:
    The Hyperion™
Edited by Hyperion
Updating in game playtime
  • Hyperion changed the title to Hyperion's Moderator Application

• Petty
  • Wasn't a great staff member when staff on IG and on "The Order" (I worked under his directive).
  • Biased beyond belief - A quality staff shouldn't have.

Good luck.

Edited by wflizzi
28 minutes ago, wflizzi said:

• Petty
  • Wasn't a great staff member when staff on IG and on "The Order" (I worked under his directive).

Good luck.

Neutral leaning towards -1

From my experience with you, you have tended to be someone I don't put a lot of faith into in the staff scenario.

You were demoted from EM on CW and left without any attempt and not even a month later received a 7 week ban for an offense people have been perma-banned for.

I personally don't think you are ready to come back to the staff team let alone be a moderator. Willing to update my response if I see some positive change about you.

A bit concerned how long you can hold down a staff position given your previous experience time spans

Good luck.

1 hour ago, wflizzi said:

• Petty

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Mongo said:

Neutral leaning towards -1

From my experience with you, you have tended to be someone I don't put a lot of faith into in the staff scenario.

You were demoted from EM on CW and left without any attempt and not even a month later received a 7 week ban for an offense people have been perma-banned for.

I personally don't think you are ready to come back to the staff team let alone be a moderator. Willing to update my response if I see some positive change about you.

A bit concerned how long you can hold down a staff position given your previous experience time spans

Good luck.

You left your position as EM very recently after already a short period of time being in the position. Due to this I believe it would be a bit too hasty to put you into another staff position after such a short time from your previous position. Not only this but I have at times witnessed some less then ideal qualities from you which I believe would be impactful when staffing/moderating such as tendencies of bias in how you conduct yourself whilst in previous circumstances you've seen to be short tempered and rash.

Once I see change in how you perceive yourself amongst the community and how you choose to interact with people you are less fond of I'm willing to change my opinion, regardless I wish you the best of luck Hyperion.

Edit: Unfortunately i've noticed that you've recieved 5 warnings which means you've exceeded the maximum warning threshold which should result in an instant denial.

7. 5 or more warnings and your application will be denied immediately.

Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
I have had 5 warns altogether:

1. RDM Date: 16th July 2018

2. Breaking NLR Date: 24th July 2018

3. Using racist word in admin claim Date: August 3rd 2018

4. DC to avoid arrest September 14th 2018

5. RDM Date: December 5th 2018

Edited by Splonter

You tend to be self centered from my interactions with you on the server and while this attitude has improved somewhat over time I feel you can try to further how you act and behave in an OOC situation. Im going Neutral for this one.

+1 I haven't really had any bad interactions with Hyperion as of yet, I've known him for a while now but never had any negative experiences both in roleplay or out of character. You have spent sometime in the staff team for Imperial Gaming, but those periods of time were both brief but I'm sure you had actual reasons for doing what you did. I haven't noticed any biased actions taken against anyone whilst spending time with you in COMPNOR but I can't speak for before you were in ISB. Your application is nicely detailed and I found it easy to read. With the correct training and guidance I think you would make a great staff member in the staff team. Good luck.

• Like 1

Hey Hyperion

I believe that you have been doing a great job lately in IC and OOC and I think you been trying to improve yourself as a whole which is great.

Sadly you do not meet the requirements for becoming a mod.

Rule 7 states that you must not have five or more warning to apply and right now you have five.

Edit: I will be changing to a +1

Edited by Galle
  • Like 1

His last warn was over 2 years ago, they're not relevant at all. Not to mention he's been in a staff position in between that time

+1 Good bloke, bit of an idiot but still a good bloke.

Edited by Fredrick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Splonter said:

Unfortunately i've noticed that you've recieved 5 warnings which means you've exceeded the maximum warning threshold which should result in an instant denial.

7 hours ago, Galle said:

Rule 7 states that you must not have five or more warning to apply and right now you have five.

Thank you for your feedback. After speaking with @zaspan he has approved 3 of the 5 warns to be removed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Wingza locked this topic