Jump to content

Beta ARC Program


Recommended Posts

So recently I have had a idea and it involves all of army so I thought I might get everyone's opinion on it.

 

ARC_Troopers_USWNE.png.0fe50ce11c73c0a1f22dcdf82ed4dfba.pngI have come up with an idea for Army and it goes as follows, as you know we have many legions, 439th, 501st, 275th and 107th in the army at this current moment but the idea I wish to propose involves all of them and pretty much out of each regiment in those legions one member from the CO's permission who thinks they are the best in there respected regiment in all key areas will be put through a trial and only one member out of each legion will be picked to be a BARC (Beta ARC) this is through the ARC CO's  Approval. In total there will be four beta  ARC's  from each army legion and I will get into detail about what being a Beta ARC means.

 

As becoming a Beta ARC in your legion you are not a Alpha ARC you are also not apart of ARC you are simply considered very highly among other troopers and given a BARC title while staying in your respected regiment. While being a BARC you can be called upon during missions for the ISF or ARC missions, you will also be called upon to training's that involve ARC Expertise and you can be removed from the BARC Program at anytime if you are not deemed fit for the role. During the tryouts phase only 4 members, 1 per legion may be picked for Beta ARC at anytime you will not receive new models or anything like that you simply just have [BARC-00] in your name to designate yourself from others.

 

Being a Beta ARC is a privilege and you are considered to be the best of the best in the Imperial Army besides ARC troopers and you have a high reputation to uphold if you fail to meet deadline tests or fail to be active while being a BARC you can be removed to make room for other potential candidates. 

 

Really looking for feedback from what you guys think about a BARC Program, Please feel free to leave responses.

 

 

  • Poggers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems interesting for those who want to join Beta ARC, but in that same instance, I don't like to use the term 'beta' ARC for describing the difference, I think, if you guys want to say that you're Alpha ARC troopers (which realistically you're not since they either retired or become trainers), the best way to distinguish the others is just to call them ARC Troopers and you Alpha ARC Troopers.

Shrug.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Seems interesting for those who want to join Beta ARC, but in that same instance, I don't like to use the term 'beta' ARC for describing the difference, I think, if you guys want to say that you're Alpha ARC troopers (which realistically you're not since they either retired or become trainers), the best way to distinguish the others is just to call them ARC Troopers and you Alpha ARC Troopers.

Shrug.

The Term Beta ARC was a Formal name given to the second Generation of ARC troopers you can find the link here https://swfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Beta-class_Advanced_Recon_Commando

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kippy said:

The Term Beta ARC was a Formal name given to the second Generation of ARC troopers you can find the link here https://swfanon.fandom.com/wiki/Beta-class_Advanced_Recon_Commando

Fanon. This ain't got any sources, its just what someone thought up.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Fanon. This ain't got any sources, its just what someone thought up.

Overall we got actual regiments that use names that are made up, I didn't think it was that big of a deal

Link to post
Share on other sites

While we’re somewhat custom lore I think myself personally and possibly others would prefer to stay true to Star Wars in a way. While it’s nothing world breaking I think it’s justification for possibly existing is well weak and is practically contradicted by real lore.

I think while it be good to have like a recognition or group for people who do well I think it would just be another edge lord title and wouldn’t provide much real return for it existing. Elite troops in regiments in the Empire either joined a elite or special forces regiment or stayed in their regiment and they didn’t get some fancy title. If they did their job well or to a elite level they’d get promoted or recognised by their OC’s for future missions etc.

I couldn’t care less about the canon or lore etc if it had a more interesting return which I feel like this would just become the aforementioned title. It’s interesting but I don’t think it’s worth it or necessary.

Edited by Nana_
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nana_ said:

 

I couldn’t care less about the canon or lore etc if it had a more interesting return which I feel like this would just become the aforementioned title. It’s interesting but I don’t think it’s worth it or necessary.

I think you are thinking of this as a simple title and nothing more and people would use it to gain some sort of mentality that everyone else is inferior, That is not the case at all and if anyone were caught using there title which has no actual meaning or power to put someone else down then precautions would be taken, This BARC Idea has been shown as I have just been informed on another server and has worked well with it Coexisting alongside ARC. But at the end of the day this is an idea and your opinion is taken into account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kippy said:

I think you are thinking of this as a simple title and nothing more and people would use it to gain some sort of mentality that everyone else is inferior, That is not the case at all and if anyone were caught using there title which has no actual meaning or power to put someone else down then precautions would be taken, This BARC Idea has been shown as I have just been informed on another server and has worked well with it Coexisting alongside ARC. But at the end of the day this is an idea and your opinion is taken into account.

Yea I do get what you mean and I worded it badly I understand it isn’t just a title but usually after about a couple months or a year it becomes just that sadly. It is a good idea but I think it would end up being another thing that ends up dying because commanders neglect to do it or someone does. 
just to be sure are you considering BARC being more of a subclass rather than a title like heavy, medic etc? If so I’d support that yea because if it’s a coded job that can be filled everyone and their nan will scramble to get it and I’d recommend making it only 1 per 10 reg slots.

see this for a pre existing version of what your talking about. Note although it says for storm troopers it actually means any regiment had them.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Imperial_shock_trooper/Legends

 

Edited by Nana_
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a good idea Kippy but this seems more like a CWRP kind of thing as the only distiction between Alpha and Beta even in Fandom is that one group was made pre-geonosis and the other was made after.

Other regiments also have systems like this in place like Vaders Wrath in VF which still has the troopers remain distictictly within their battalon. ARC is part of the 439th Battalon so people who would join BARC would be split in-between two battalions as you would have a measure of control over those troopers due to your ability to revoke the title at any time.

A way to fix this is to only have people within the 439th Battalion be able to join BARC, this would include MT and ST's as there would be no conflict or to have IHC control the BARC system and have the generals for the battalions hold the test themselves. BARC could then be called upon by IHC (who could command them anyway) to do specialized tasks with and without ARC/ISF. Otherwise you litterally just formed a one man reg in every individual battalion who would work with ARC instead of their regiment in events.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Vile said:

A way to fix this is to only have people within the 439th Battalion be able to join BARC, this would include MT and ST's as there would be no conflict or to have IHC control the BARC system and have the generals for the battalions hold the test themselves. BARC could then be called upon by IHC (who could command them anyway) to do specialized tasks with and without ARC/ISF. Otherwise you litterally just formed a one man reg in every individual battalion who would work with ARC instead of their regiment in events.

I like what you are saying and perhaps a more secluded section in the battalions could work with keeping it just in the 439th, Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the terms Alpha and Beta ARC during the Imperial timeline, at least the one we use on IG, should have altered meaning. It doesn't make sense to introduce the CW definitions on the server, like Alpha ARC doesn't make much sense cause...pretty sure they're hella fucking old right now. Feel like it'd work more as a squad system; Alpha ARC is simply the dedicated detachment made up of maybe a clone or two, humans, whoever is fit enough. Beta would be those who'd take specialised training and stuff hosted by us.

Personally it seems kiiiinda pointless, cause in the end it'd probably just be some shit you slap in your name like "[B-##]", but I wouldn't be against a test trial.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...