Defibrillators

Hello,

Unfortunately I have encountered an issue whilst in the 439th Medical Company. Due to the Defibrillator freezing you in place whilst you are reviving someone, if you are killed whilst using it, you are stuck in place. The only solution I have found is to be force respawned by staff. I am already careful when reviving an individual due to the risk to my life, however this is a bug which can't be avoided most of the time.

The reason this is a big issue is due to the importance of MT during events. As an example, I have been killed mid-revive due to an explosion, which has thrown my body to an inaccessible area. This means I cannot be revived by other MTs, and therefore my only option is to contact staff because I cannot respawn like everyone else. If I am having to contact staff for assistance multiple times during an event, it causes a massive inconvenience for everyone. I have had to wait upwards of 5 minutes at times to be force-respawned due to the intensity of the battle (no fault of the staff), so that is 5 minutes where I am unavailable to do my duties as a medical trooper, due to this bug.

I love the current defibrillators. I think freezing you in place whilst using it is a great idea, and I have no overall complaints about it, besides this bug. Is there a way for the revive to cancel on death? 

Kind Regards,

Death

• Upvote 1

Heya not a dev but an insight this is possible and shouldn’t be too difficult good spot with the define though didn’t realise they did this.

https://wiki.facepunch.com/gmod/GM:PlayerDeath

The Defib code would have to be edited to include a hook on player die that undoes the player freeze when the player dies.

• Upvote 1

Humongous brain development.

I assume the development team used the player freeze Method or Player Lock.

Player:Freeze() / Player:Lock()

When there are many better ways to do it.

Reduce all speed to 0 and reset once complete. The gamemode resets speed on respawn anyway.

Instead of restricting movement make a delay on reviving, like making the person not move for 1 - 3 seconds when reviving.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Humongous brain development.

I assume the development team used the player freeze Method or Player Lock.

Player:Freeze() / Player:Lock()

When there are many better ways to do it.

Reduce all speed to 0 and reset once complete. The gamemode resets speed on respawn anyway.

Instead of restricting movement make a delay on reviving, like making the person not move for 1 - 3 seconds when reviving.

I'm small brain and don't know code, but this sounds like it works.

• Bailey locked this topic