IG | Home

Donation Tree Suggestions

Disclaimer: This, like nearly all my other posts are suggestions and inquiries, I am merely pitching my idea to the community and staff team at large and am no way signifying any drama or discord between the community, I encourage any and all to give actual feedback or input in the comments below as, even if you are entirely against I would love to hear your feedback. Furthermore, while some of these suggestions may not be needed right now, or in the close future, this post forms to keep the idea at the back of the communities mind in the case that it is ever wanted/needed.

As some of you have seen, I recently posted a topic regarding the donation system and how it can be changed and improved upon, a few of you have actually reached out and given some insight into how the donation system can be added and improved upon. Before I get into the post I just want to say that this forum post dosent serve as a way to gouge money out of the community, nor does it promote a 'pay to win' strategy, both of these are fundamentally flawed and insights a certain amount of chaos within any community that implements them, the idea of donating to the community is to keep it up, maintaining the servers and contributing to future projects that unites gamers all around Australia into a singular platform, it is not my intention to ruin that and the experience others have worked so hard to achieve, I simply wish to incentivize the idea of donating to the community in a more achievable manner than paying $70 for a sith slot or a commander slot every now and again so the servers are payed for and we can look into the future.

Bundles:

The idea of bundles is to combine various perks into a package, with the intention of users paying for the bundle to get multiple items. This idea is a little hard considering the fact that the server does not support much besides weapons that can actually fit into the bundle package, and furthermore not break the server to a massive degree. I will try my best in this section to make various bundles that comprise things that actively will not break the server or its roleplay.

Builder Bundle - $50:

This bundle is a bit controversial considering the amount of trust is put on a member who could theoretically abuse the tools given to him, but one that can be moderated based on how well it's implemented. The idea surrounding this bundle is users pay for tools to have forever, this is a VERY VERY big thing and a risky donation tier to have, but if measures where to be put in palce like the current guidelines surrounding the donation system, I feel this can and will go well. Donators who choose this bundle will be granted tools, but also restricted some of the features that would normally be given to them by admins, abuse of this feature in anyway may lead to a ban, warning, removal of perk etc. (I see alot of future problems with this so I'm just gonna list some shit. No, this dosent break the RP of the engineers on the server, they are given more access and they actively roleplay as an engineer to fix shit, build shit and whatnot. Yes, Builder bundles do need to granted by management based on the member donating for them, so a person who just joined the server isn't going to get the bundle. And Yes, the bundle in some peoples eyes may not serve a purpose at all since you can very well go @gimme tools im building, the bundle allows users to build without the need for annoying staff to get on a 3am in the moring or at a later date.)

• Perks
    • Tools inpertetuity
    • Limited prop spawns
  • Possible tiers depending on how management view it

I see this as being a very controversial bundle, but one I think should at least be considered, furthermore, I dont know how ULX ranks stack depending on what you have (as a side note), so if @Stryker or @Ragetank could fill me/us in. Like for instants if I donate for builder and oither bundles, how does it work. (sorry for the @) 

Skin Bundles:

One that I think could be of great benefit to the server and one that can be split into various sub divisions based on the regiment the donator is in. I personally think of this a way of roleplaying to a higher degree without the use of pac and the tedious nature of Pac3 in general, this isnt to say that I think pac is useless, in fact I think it's essential, I just believe that through the use of these skins, people like myself may find a more enjoyable experience in certain skins, roleplaying as such.

• Trooper Bundle $5 per skin/ X amount all together.
    • Scout trooper model
    • Camo Storm Trooper
    • Heavy trooper (Bigger demenour + mounted stuff on his back)
  • Inquisitor Skin Bundle $20-30 (The reason it so high is that you're gonna have to RP as it forever
    • TOR skin sets, depending on who it is, can be RPED as (there is ALOT of TOR models that can be used)
  • Navy Bundle $??
    • Pilot models - Different colours
    • Different coloured uniform sets
      • Navy Green
      • Dark Green
      • Black
      • Grey
      • Dark Grey
      • Green
  • Lore Character $??
    • An appropriate, approved by management lore character with their own skin
    • For this you have to be in the same regiment as the lore character (der)

Bundles can be expanded and decided upon based on different branches, e.g. I see a whole thing for ISB going on, but it all depends on what the management/development team want to cramb into a content pack for the server and something that dosen't cause too much content explosion. All prices are subject to what I think, so its all basically $?? at this point.

Weapon Bundle

This bundle may be contraversial as well, considering the fact that certain items may be considered over powered, so for now this bundle will only contain misc content that I think shouldn't be too ground breaking. With this bundle users will have access to:

• Binoculars
  • Increased Ammo on spawn
  • A random low level side arm
  • 30 Bonus health perk
  • +more depending on what is considered non-ground breaking

Points and XP bonuses: 

This section like nearly all others is considered a bit iffy, the inflation of credits may ruin the economy or nothing will change, just a few donators with extra credits, but I think that bonus points, credits and XP shouldn't really effect stuff as much, as well as lotto bonuses. This perk can be added onto any bundle the donator purchases, or may just come as a free addon to any donation perk as a 'thankyou for contributing'. This could be set up into tiers depending on how much a user donates, but thats all thinking a little too far ahead, for now a simple bonus might just do IMO.

• Donation perks
    • 5% XP bonus
    • 5% Credit Bonus
    • 7.5% Point bonus
    • 5% Lotto Bonus.
    • Having IG in your steam name now gives 40 points instead of 20.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is probably going to be added on in the coming days, as I feel my suggestions may seem a bit lackluster and I apologise for it, I just feel community feedback into a beta post will make the finalised idea much more cleaner, and a definite thing that could as well happen. The technicalities of this are beyond me in terms of donations stacking, for example the stacking of bundles; how does it show up in tab, who's going to moderate it (probably management or senior admin+), how ground breaking is this going to be in terms of server RP and what not, and thats all for the kind developers to possibly think on (only if they take a look at my post :()

The generalized idea surrounding this topic is a more incentive in and around donations while not breaking the server, ruining its roleplay and not making it a pay to win strategy game. I might plan on revising this forum post in the coming days/weeks with my cute little group of suggestors (especially the skin bundle one, because I think thats a great fucking idea tbh), but what I want you to do is say if you like it or not, hell even reacts work so I know which direction everyone wants.

Edited by Higashi
  • Thinking 2

the bonuses bundle sees somewhat of a " bonus " to donate. nothing too extreme but the weapon bundle " 30 hp " no that is something that should never be added in a payable section

The skin bundle seems super cool.

builder bundle: no. pay 50 dolla to crash da serva. instead make it an application on forums not pay

Edited by Clover

You know what, was expecting to argue quite a bit here, but I'm actually fine with most of these. I only have a problem with a couple of things (Mostly the model stuff)

Firstly is the Navy models. Correct me if I'm wrong but most of these navy models are for particular ranks, branches or squadrons withi ISC, Navy and II respectively.

1 minute ago, Higashi said:

Navy Bundle $??

• Pilot models - Different colours
  • Different coloured uniform sets
    • Navy Green
    • Dark Green
    • Black
    • Grey
    • Dark Grey
    • Green

Next is unfortunately the tools. While it is $50 I feel like there wil be a few problems. First of which is obviously people will buy it to abuse it regardless of how much it costs. It just always happens. Secondly $50 for just tools seems really expensive regardless if it will be put up or not when you can just make a claim for free in game.

Other than that I'm actually OK with most of the other options

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Joel said:

You know what, was expecting to argue quite a bit here, but I'm actually fine with most of these. I only have a problem with a couple of things (Mostly the model stuff)

Firstly is the Navy models. Correct me if I'm wrong but most of these navy models are for particular ranks, branches or squadrons withi ISC, Navy and II respectively.

Next is unfortunately the tools. While it is $50 I feel like there wil be a few problems. First of which is obviously people will buy it to abuse it regardless of how much it costs. It just always happens. Secondly $50 for just tools seems really expensive regardless if it will be put up or not when you can just make a claim for free in game.

Other than that I'm actually OK with most of the other options

Yes you are right, and I think people might have a problem with navy sometimes wearing other models, but Navy do sometimes fly and aren't cooped up all day everyday (at least I hope not), and yes certain colours are for certain ranks, which is primarily why I excluded whites and such, black is cutting it close but I think that Navy could get away with it.

My suggestion in the tools, no matter how I clarrified it, theres always going to be opposition and I understand it, the only way that people might be ok with it, is if harsher guidlines were implemented to stop abuse, my way of countering this is to only allow members of the community that are actively known not to abuse them, and if the tools are someday abused (because no matter how small, they will be abused) punishments will be layed down, e.g. blacklist from tools, ban, warn etc. On your second point the reason its so high is because of the liklihood of abuse, I was going to make a seperate post regarding a new ulx rank which would be trusted - a rank for trusted individuals/ex staff that have access to tools but this served as an excuse to add in a donation incentive.

17 minutes ago, Joel said:

First of which is obviously people will buy it to abuse it regardless of how much it costs. It just always happens.

If someone pays 50 bucks to abuse tools, that's a win for IG, for the moderator team can just remove said tools.

• Haha 1
  • Poggers 1
  • Agree 1

Builder is just a no from me because it means Management need to have the decision factor as part of the job and that adds too much to their plate, also too expensive, unsure what pricing it should be because not balanced enough at the moment.

Skins seem fine by me, excluding what Joel mentioned.

Weapon pack, remove the health, the rework just happened and seems a bit OP. Also remove binocs, already got 2 ways to acquire them, through CL3 and buying in the armoury.

Booster pack looks good.

45 minutes ago, Higashi said:

Limited prop spawns

are you trying to make me die. Also for the 30 hp boost I still don't like the idea of people being able to pay to gain extra hp.

Edited by Storm

No, this dosent break the RP of the engineers on the server, they are given more access and they actively roleplay as an engineer to fix shit, build shit and whatnot.

Leave tools to the engineers brother, if you want tools join engineers. The main incentive to join the regiment is that you gain access to tools, if anything tools should be more restricted to non-engineers. 

1 hour ago, Higashi said:

Different coloured uniform sets

• Navy Green
  • Dark Green
  • Black
  • Grey
  • Dark Grey
  • Green

The way the officer models are on the server make it incredibly hard to customize like this. Not to mention rank restriction for certain colors.