Donator Money money stuff

Donation stuff  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you like (see choices below)

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3
    • Option 4

IG | Home

Donation Stuff

Hey there community people, with my next upcoming massive suggestion post for the community I thought instead of going to different groups, staff and management in TS, I might converse with you on the forums, this thread is regarding my next post like previously stated, and as you might of guessed from the title, its about Donation Stuff. I really want your ideas on how donation shit can be constructed and what incentives could be added onto the server to increase donations while not breaking the servers roleplay, its economy or its feel (thats stuff's important), but if you want to post about crazy incentives go ahead, as long as this gets some traction.

I will still be asking differing community members for their input in the upcoming post, and I plan to have it finished as soon as I can, (since I do have alot of spare time because HSC ended). If you could reach out to me via this thread, through DM, PM, TS or even on the server I would love it, thankyou!

To make things easier, ill be setting up a poll, so even if you don't want to comment, I'd love it if you'd vote.

Option 1: No change, stick with donating for droids, sith, ts and the occassional commander role

Option 2: Bundles; X amount of credits + certain loadouts (Not groundbreaking)

Option 3: Bundles + Miscellaneous sets - Certain skins you can RP as (TOR skins and whatnot as passive event characters)

Option 4: Ive got my own Idea!

NOTICE: This is all not set in place for the forum post, this is all subject to change based on community feedback and interaction, this will greatly help formulating ideas into a massive post for management and staff to sort of consider!

Edited by Higashi

Oh yea OH YEA 

Ive been waiting for this one baby. Prepare for a mega post the likes of which has never been seen.

I'm going to go one by one on these options and give my own understanding on each. I hope my claims can have some legitimacy too them from my prior experiences over gmod etc which id be happy to expand on if needed.

Criteque of options 1, 2 and 3:

Spoiler

Option 1: No. On a more serious note stagnation in donation reward pools is what kills off donation potential and while community servers are not ran as businesses with how competitive it is they essentially need to be to continue. Every server and their mother has the role donation shtick. It work's well but in our implementation I believe it has shortcomings (see 4).  

Option 2:  Bundles is a very good idea for upselling donaters and i'd put my support behind it but it depends on the contents of the bundle. Points purchasing I think would not be a good idea or would have to be at very unreasonable price as to ensure no stupid p2w nonsense. There is a far better alternative to buying points (see 4). Loadouts I believe could work but I believe it would have to integrate somehow with the point shop  otherwise we have like 4 different sources where people get their weapons come from which makes it hard to manage aswell as makes it a bit stupid when SGT Smith has like 6 different guns.

Option 3:  Bundles detailed prior (see 2). Miscellaneous sets would be a great idea to add more of an option and variety then droids, sith and BH.  This variety in my opinion is well needed. 

Option 4:

Ill be initially going over the current shortcomings with donations in my opinion and their solutions which I believe should be implemented as a part of my option 4

These shortcomings and solutions being;

Spoiler

1. Donations as a whole are limited to only roles. By this I mean you can only donate for roles. This means that for players who are happy in their current position in game would not want to switch to BH, Sith or droid wiping their position and progress. There is no real incentive or gain from donating to these people. This can be reformed and improved by either or both of the following; 

Multiple characters per player: This is implemented on multiple large servers and enables a user to retain their position while still being able to switch to a fun role such as droid. Thus eliminating the deterrence of wiping progress when purchasing a role. If a character select was added what I'd suggest is max 3 characters and making the 3rd character slot unlocked by donating.

Diversify donations to include non role based incentives:  Kind of obvious and this appears to already being happening or being looked into. This means adding things like weapons, credit boosts and other such things NOT things like EC's or droids etc.

2. Prices are not ideal.  From my perspective and from others too the prices for donating are very off-putting.  Firstly the cheapest donation package (excluding TS) is $50 (mastiff) this is far too high for the cheapest, not everyone has that much money to just spend. Following this the overall cost for everything on the store is VERY VERY high by Gmod standards.  I believe donations as a whole would preform better with a lower overall cost and a lower cheapest donation cost. I understand we don't want everyone being a donator role and having 50+ mastiffs but I believe prices are TOO much of deterrence currently and are more damaging then protecting.  With this I suggest that Inquisitor should be equal to Bounty Hunter in price and both of these less expensive then Commanding Officer not more expensive. Commanding Officer

In order of cost I believe it should go

Less Important Roles (Mastiff & Droids) (~$25) > Inquisitor / Bounty Hunter (~$50) > Commanding Officer & Regiments ($75+)

Otherwise apart from these suggestion for reworks on the current stuff in store and that heres what I recommend for new stuff on the store:

Point Boosters : Unlike outright buying points your still somewhat earning your points just at an increased percentage so its not an outright copout and encourages player activity over player wallet size. With these point boosters I believe they should come in tiers; Tier 1 (5% increase permanent @~$5), Tier 2 (20% increase permanent @ ~$20), Tier 3 ( 50% increase permanent @ ~$45) and Tier 4 (75% increase monthly subscription @~$30). Percentages do NOT stack obviously. 

Lotto Booster: Like point boosters but for Lotto reward. Lotto Booster tiers;  Tier 1 (20% increase permanent @ ~$20), Tier 2 ( 40% increase permanent @ ~$35). Percentages do NOT stack obviously. 

Booster Combo's: Lotto T1 & Point T2 @$35, Lotto T2 & Point T3 @$75

Percentages and prices are only suggested please feel free to recommend or change to alternative. Ultimately i feel that point boosters would be better then outright buying point as it ensures the player will still be active and not some random sped buying the smart launcher. 

Height Bonus: It's really weird idea and a bit funny but it's worked well before on other servers. .1 playersize increase up to a maximum of .3. Per .1 = $2.5. Although sounds stupid people arent all the same size like we are in game and although PAC users can do this im already it . One of those funny small ideas.

Binoculars: Gives the player binoculars SWEP. @$2

Increased Spawn Ammo: Player spawn with 50% more ammo. @$5

All prices are just my reccomendations Im sure a better price could be figured out but I hold fast in the belief we should have cheaper donatable things in the store.

Sorry for the long post and looking forward to feedback. luv ya 

Edited by Nana_
  • Poggers 1

i mean i see point shop as you pay now and get a bad gun or wait and get a better gun. curtain loadouts will always have a downfall in that because i like to form my own loadout. i rock a DC-15SE, IQA-11, X8, and that is what i want as a loadout. i don't want to be forced to hold a DL-44 when i could have something else better

EDIT: Can you explain bundles a bit? if it is like a crate system from COD where you spend points for a chance of weapon then fuck that

Edited by Clover
10 hours ago, Nana_ said:

Point Boosters : Unlike outright buying points your still somewhat earning your points just at an increased percentage so its not an outright copout and encourages player activity over player wallet size. With these point boosters I believe they should come in tiers; Tier 1 (5% increase permanent @~$5), Tier 2 (20% increase permanent @ ~$20), Tier 3 ( 50% increase permanent @ ~$45) and Tier 4 (75% increase monthly subscription @~$30). Percentages do NOT stack obviously. 

Lotto Booster: Like point boosters but for Lotto reward. Lotto Booster tiers;  Tier 1 (20% increase permanent @ ~$20), Tier 2 ( 40% increase permanent @ ~$35). Percentages do NOT stack obviously. 

Booster Combo's: Lotto T1 & Point T2 @$35, Lotto T2 & Point T3 @$75

Percentages and prices are only suggested please feel free to recommend or change to alternative. Ultimately i feel that point boosters would be better then outright buying point as it ensures the player will still be active and not some random sped buying the smart launcher. 

Height Bonus: It's really weird idea and a bit funny but it's worked well before on other servers. .1 playersize increase up to a maximum of .3. Per .1 = $2.5. Although sounds stupid people arent all the same size like we are in game and although PAC users can do this im already it . One of those funny small ideas.

Binoculars: Gives the player binoculars SWEP. @$2

Increased Spawn Ammo: Player spawn with 50% more ammo. @$5

i mean if you want to turn the server into pay to win have fun but i'm against it * gets COD flashbacks *

• Facepalm 1

can we please not get some pay to get op load out bull shit, we already hit the monthly donation goals. we also had the point shop nerfed to all hell a few weeks ago so adding even more of a gap in-between players in incredibly stupid and looks like a obvious cash grabs. 

• Agree 2
6 hours ago, Clover said:

i mean if you want to turn the server into pay to win have fun but i'm against it * gets COD flashbacks *

Point booster was an alternative to point buying. I think it’s obvious that point buying would be far more pay to win. If the percentages where right for point boosters I believe it wouldn’t be pay to win whatsoever. Just because COD did it in a pay to win way doesn’t mean the whole idea of it should be written of see Battlefield 4 for example. I agree that the percentage increases I said where insane but to be fair they are just placeholders. More seriously I’d suggest a max increase % by 30 and that would be like 20 bucks or something

But please for the love of god don’t add outright buying points.

6 hours ago, Dax said:

can we please not get some pay to get op load out bull shit, we already hit the monthly donation goals. we also had the point shop nerfed to all hell a few weeks ago so adding even more of a gap in-between players in incredibly stupid and looks like a obvious cash grabs. 

I agree with this 100% aswell as the fact players are getting too many fucking weapons they should have 3 weapons at most in their inventory not a million. If you want to take this route it’s kind of not really to if someone has 4 or more guns as no sensible  army would give that many weapons to a person.

Edited by Nana_

Some of these options I have seen being implemented on other servers only to see the server destroy itself and masses leaving. While I think that would not happen on this community I feel like it would have some negative impacts on the server that could effect its good nature that it currently has. personally I feel the current setup for the donation store at the moment is spot on.

1 hour ago, larrythecrab said:

Some of these options I have seen being implemented on other servers only to see the server destroy itself and masses leaving. While I think that would not happen on this community I feel like it would have some negative impacts on the server that could effect its good nature that it currently has. personally I feel the current setup for the donation store at the moment is spot on.

While I agree with you on some of these options destroying servers such as point buying I believe not changing from our current donation store would be a bad idea for multiple reasons such as the high price and just general similar to the point of boring nature of donatables. I’m not sure how well our current model works but obviously it works well enough but I don’t believe that should be a reason to not try new ideas. I think we need to implement some more stuff for both the survival of the server to be more secure in its continuation and for a better donation experience which leads into the first point.

Edited by Nana_
18 hours ago, Nana_ said:

players are getting too many fucking weapons they should have 3 weapons at most in their inventory not a million. If you want to take this route it’s kind of not really to if someone has 4 or more guns as no sensible  army would give that many weapons to a person.

you can only equip one weapon from each weapon tab in pointshop maxing it out at 5 if you have one gun from each section. i only equip 3 guns but then i have my loadout as a OC+ ST. i don't choose my inventory in that reguards. but adding a system to where spending money gives a massive advantage over others just kinda turns the server into roblox in a nutshell

Edited by Clover
  • Agree 1