What kind of music do you like?

The music I listen to is 50, 60, 70 and 80s rock n roll

Kiss, ACDC, Def leopard, the beetles, chuck berry, journey, DRAGON and Guns n roses are the main bands.

Post your kind of music below.

I have two main types of music - Bedroom Pop Type Music and Indie Rock

Joji, Tyler The Creator, Childish Gambino, Cuco, Mac Demarco, Anderson .Paak, Brockhampton - Among Others

Sticky Fingers, Lime Cordiale, Powderfinger, Tame Impala 

I love music so much and could go on about it for ages but I'll try and keep it concise. I can pretty much and do listen to anything however, my favourite artists are

Kid Cudi, Fun/The Format, Foster The People, Anderson .Paak & Kids See Ghosts just off the top of my head. Recently I've been listening to a lot of Arianna, Dua Lipa & Charli XCX

My favourite songs from each of them are probably;

• Kid Cudi - GHOST!
  • Fun. - The Gambler
  • Foster The People - Waste
  • Anderson .Paak - What Can We Do?
  • Kids See Ghosts - Cudi Montage
  • Arianna - Piano
  • Dua Lipa - Break my Heart
  • Charli XCX - Next Level Charli

Although Cudi, .Paak & Dua Lipa are changing constantly and I like a lot of their songs. I feel like the key to listening to a bunch of different genres is having multiple playlists which is what I do, so pretty much depending on my mood I can chuck on a playlist that is all the same-ish so its not all disjointed and genres that don't really blend well.

Im all into the Rock, Punk rock, Grunge, Metal and heavy metal but my top three are

-Metallica

-Nirvana

-Green day 

Overall my favorite live show is the 1991 Metallica gig in the Soviet Union when there was a guess of over 500,000+ People

• Like 1

All i listen to nowadays is metal

Mainly aussie bands like Alpha Wolf, Void of Vision, Northlane, Parkway Drive, In Hearts Wake, Karnivool

If its metal chances are i listen to it

Edited by crofty
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, crofty said:

All i listen to nowadays is metal

Mainly aussie bands like Alpha Wolf, Void of Vision, Northlane, Parkway Drive, In Hearts Wake, Karnivool

Massive +1 for Karnivool, easily my favourite band with only clean vocals (not counting the first couple of lines of The Refusal, the last scream of Lifelike, or the bit in the middle of featherweight)

Fav metal bands apart from 'Vool; Between the Buried and Me, TesseracT, Gojira, Meshuggah, Caligula's Horse, Opeth, The Faceless, Spawn of Possession, Nile, Necrophagist, Job for a Cowboy, Mr Bungle, Alluvial, King Crimson, mainly nerd prog metal shit

Also a big fan of countless artists in the classic rock, metal, blues, jazz, reggae, 90's rap, 80's aussie pub rock, alt, punk, 60s-80s pop, prog, grunge, funk, goth, new wave, classical and folk rock genres.  Anything with interesting composition really

[EDIT] For funzies, these were my 100 most played tracks last year

Edited by Tonberry
1 minute ago, Tonberry said:

Massive +1 for Karnivool, easily my favourite band with only clean vocals (not counting the first couple of lines of The Refusal, the last scream of Lifelike, or the bit in the middle of featherweight)

Fav metal bands apart from 'Vool; Between the Buried and Me, TesseracT, Gojira, Meshuggah, Caligula's Horse, Opeth, The Faceless, Spawn of Possession, Nile, Necrophagist, Job for a Cowboy, Mr Bungle, Alluvial, King Crimson, mainly nerd prog metal shit

Also a big fan of countless artists in the classic rock, metal, blues, jazz, reggae, 90's rap, 80's aussie pub rock, alt, punk, 60s-80s pop, prog, grunge, funk, goth, new wave, classical and folk rock genres.  Anything with interesting composition really

Prog metal :O
i love gojira (fav song The Art of Dying) and meshuggah (fav song War)

i know like two opeth songs but i love em (the lotus eater and windowpane)

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 9:50 AM, Kippy said:

Im all into the Rock, Punk rock, Grunge, Metal and heavy metal but my top three are

-Metallica

-Nirvana

-Green day 

Overall my favorite live show is the 1991 Metallica gig in the Soviet Union when there was a guess of over 500,000+ People

It was 1.6 million people - bloody huge!

Everyone out here saying pop, rock, metal.

I'm the one outlier here I like Funk and Jazz (Aswell as a pinch of pop and rock) 

Noteable ppl I like (Plus a song if you're interested)

• 6 months later...

Bumping this thread to switch it up to music currently listening to.

Edited by Higashi

Ive been playing guitar since i was 13, ive listened from as early as classical to current, however i always find myself listening to bands like Okera, Belakor, Orpheus Omega, Teramaze.....

However for variety i go from Rap/ Rnb to Post Hardcore Music, variety is the spice of life.

• 1 month later...

Primarily 90's rock - Weezer, The Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, The Pixies, Alice In Chains, The Rentals.

Other's Include - Joy Division, New Order, Motion City Soundtrack, Palaye Royale, Oasis, Gorillaz, Blur, The Cure, Modern Baseball, The Beatles, Coldplay, The Wonder Years, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Beths, Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, Mac DeMarco, Her's, Neutral Milk Hotel, Tears For Fears, Silversun Pickups, Post Malone, The Smiths.

For the upcoming Aussie Scene - McDermott & North, Selfish Sons, Rancid Eddie, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, E^ST, Ball Park Music, Spacey Jane.

Music is my one true passion and I could rant about all these people and then some, I'm blessed to have met some truly talented people through music and have formed lifelong bonds. The bands I've named don't even begin to express my love for the scene. I could name countless artists and will continue to edit this post as more come to mind.

Edited by Rivers
  • Poggers 1