When I got on the sever the other day I noticed every time I would swap out of my shotgun it would empty the mag, of-course I asked in OOC why and was informed that it was because of musketing(every-time you swap in to it would he 100% accurate). Now I understand why this was done and will admit to doing it up until a few month ago until I was informed it was against the rules, but in all honesty it just makes shotguns useless since you die in the few seconds it takes to reload 99% of the time. Surly there is another way to deal with the problem other them making shotguns useless

• Upvote 3

The first round accuracy on shotguns was an still is absolutely busted especially before the weapons rebalance, you either bought a scatter or you pretty much wasted your money. Now that shotguns have been nerfed more people bought snipers from the point shop given their insane damage, which ended up with their abuse by quick switching between them to negate the fire rate. This tactic was pretty much is what was being abused with shotguns before hand but instead of negating the fire rate you were turning any shotgun into a sniper minus the scope.

These exploits were abused (mostly the shotguns) for months, with people freely doing it in combat sims, events and anywhere they could. In my opinion snipers, shotguns, miniguns and weapons such as these should be looked at as speciality weapons that aren't meant to be used as the primary weapon of any regiment. If you have access to these guns by default in your loadout you should be using them in specific situations. As far as I am aware there are no regiments who have either a shotgun or sniper as their only weapon that isn't a pistol. If you have another weapon in your loadout and you think it isn't up to class with your shotgun and you don't deal as much damage as you'd like then think about the role that your regiment serves, are you a frontline regiment, should you be running in guns blazing with a shotgun or sniper?

If anything maybe, reduce the reload speed on shotguns if people are genuinely upset about it however, (I know you didn't mention snipers) I think the way snipers are at the moment is perfect. Snipers shouldn't be an anyone's "Oh shit" button, it should take time to set up the sniper and use it effectively which I think is demonstrated by the reload on them now, especially considering they deal a lot of damage.

all in all don't abuse or exploit :) 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Twist said:

These exploits were abused (mostly the shotguns) for months, with people freely doing it in combat sims, events and anywhere they could. In my opinion snipers, shotguns, miniguns and weapons such as these should be looked at as speciality weapons that aren't meant to be used as the primary weapon of any regiment. If you have access to these guns by default in your loadout you should be using them in specific situations.

The problem is that the speciality situation for shotguns is CQC and the force reload makes it useless for this role. 

for example, If I am using my E11s to engage another hostile from a distances and hear or get called out that another hostile is coming up to engage me in CQC the shotgun is useless. the force reload makes it better to use a mid to long range weapon for CQC over a gun meant for CQC in the majority of combat Situations

• Agree 2
  • Upvote 2

In all honesty, I personally don't like the change to reload every time you pull out a shotgun. Whilst I do understand that it was heavily abused by a few individuals and was done by many, I think that those users should be punished with warns instead of the whole server being forced to reload one of their primary weapons. (Shock = DP23 )

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately this is another brilliant example of staff taking steps to 'avoid' something rather than punishing those who abuse it in the first place. 

Normally I would tell you to deal with it however it is becoming more apparent that there are a lot of stuff being put into place to prevent everyone from doing something very specific rather than punishing those who actually break the rules in the first place and thus we get left with the entire server punished.

• Disagree 1
  • Upvote 4

I 100% agree there has to be another way or remedying this issue instead of punishing the whole server for it. The shotgun change makes them redundant in my opinion since the shotgun is seen as a weapon used as a backup or for when EC's are up in your grill and if your a player that does not have access to any other pointshop weapons and part of your kit consists of a shotty you essentially have lost a weapon you can fall back on in close quarters when you have run out of ammo for your primaries.

• Upvote 1

In Shock, we get two guns. We get the DLT-19, which cannot be classified as a primary weapon, as it is more an LMG, to lay down suppressive fire, and the DP-23, a shotgun.

Do you see the issue here?

• Upvote 1

If this is a thing that is going to stick no matter what peeps say please only have it so the snipers need to be Re reloaded and not the shotguns since it would not hinder shotgun users like those that have two weapons setup like mauler stated also it would still not make the exploit viable since you still need to re reload the sniper if you are trying to do it and those that are still trying to do the exploit should get in trouble.

Edited by larrythecrab
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

snipers are balanced the way they are now. revert shotties back to the normal way and if people abuse it give em a smack and it is really easy to report something dependant on their damage numbers with each shot of the shotgun which can show up in staff logs

10 hours ago, Clover said:

snipers are balanced the way they are now. revert shotties back to the normal way and if people abuse it give em a smack and it is really easy to report something dependant on their damage numbers with each shot of the shotgun which can show up in staff logs

Except not really, because the damage could be dependant on; how many shots of the scatter of the shotgun hits the target; proximity to the target in which the shots connect to. ect.