Pilot License Script ]

1 hour ago, Nana_ said:

It’s true it wouldn’t change much I just want to setup a changeable system is all so that invade something really needs to happen or in some rare case an em or whoever can just do a command and then they’re all good to add or remove vehicles and their players. 
I was looking at another whitelist script on GitHub that used fixed storage and then SQLite to update the table but at the moment it’s a bit out of my league cos I’m just getting back in aswell as last time I touched sql I fucking wanted to die. I’ll look at the details for it though as I’m sure it’ll help out. All gmod servers also run a SQLite server with it dont they?

So the script will have a menu for staff or people who are allowed too to add license types and add vehicles allowed to those license types. So with how the server is setup with the tones of different groups they’re probably be like 3 different licenses for ISC, a training license, general use license and then whatever other groups there are. So pretty much admins or whatever permitted people will be able to create license groups and set what vehicles those license groups can use and set people to those license groups. I will be adding a training license and if you want to send through that structure please do big man.

Sqlite isn't server based. It's a file. 

14 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Sqlite isn't server based. It's a file. 

Told you im not good at SQL i cant fucking remember what im even saying. I think i might of been thinking about how Prometheus uses SQL shit to share stuff god knows.

1 hour ago, Clover said:

well what if you were a LT COL that had a CPL and then demoted himself to a CL1 losing that CPL he would still know how to fly the ship but now he can't :\

No not at all. The script whitelist is completely seperate from any rank or user groups. If you are in a license group it couldnt give a shit if your a recruit or palpatine. The only way a person can be added or removed from their license is by doing it through the script, demoting someone wont auto remove their license. 

1 hour ago, Dax said:

how would people be able to fly under 20 players if they dont have the PL?

I'll be setting up two things in the script for this. A chat command to outright disable the whitelist and license's and stuff and a optional piece of code that detects if theres 20 people and auto disables the script.

Edited by Nana_
1 hour ago, Nana_ said:

No not at all. The script whitelist is completely seperate from any rank or user groups. If you are in a license group it couldnt give a shit if your a recruit or palpatine. The only way a person can be added or removed from their license is by doing it through the script, demoting someone wont auto remove their license. 

he means that the former LTC has the proper rp training to fly the ship and there is nothing in rp stoping him from jacking a tie fighter ect. So the code would break the rp of the situation. 

Edited by Dax
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ll be posting reveal video on Friday night too show off the whole script as far as I’m aiming to have it finished by then. If it isn’t please spam me so that I do finish it and post it.

On a side note anyway to decrease net usage when your trying to send a table using net.

Edited by Nana_

19 Days later and out of my fucking wank hole I come. My claim on being 50% done 6 days in was a fucking lie. Spent a long time (too long) relearning VGUI and Derma but I think it was worth it although it isnt the cleanest this is like the 95% done product ive just got to setup a no perm message, restrict player targeting and add a timer. Please tell me if you see anything that's bad or could be improved. I also need to optimise my NET code a bit. Otherwise here ya go. 

edit: video fixedd.

Edited by Nana_
  • Upvote 1