STEAM_0:1:55975235
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    DT-H10 “Twist”
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    8 weeks & 6 Days
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
    aaaaaa.PNG.445181ac34f41b51a300deeae810a36b.PNG
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    2 | Exploiting & RDM
  • Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    N/A
  • Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    Event Staff, Admin, Super Admin [Head EM] - Poseidon Servers 2016-2017
    Moderator - Voxel Servers 2017
  • What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
    I believe that the purpose of moderators is too well moderate, whether it be on stuff that they see or claims that are made. I think that moderators most frequent role outside of the typical spawning ships and giving tools is to act as a non-biased middle person between disputes whether it be an RDM, NLR or any other type of claim. Acting as a medium between two opposing views and coming to a conclusion based on the perspectives that both parties expressed.

The core role of a moderator is to ensure that the rest of the player base’s role-play is uninterrupted by negative situations and dealing with them when they arise. The moderator’s role doesn’t end with a punishment given and then going “!return ^” I believe that a good moderator should assist the player who is “at fault” in whatever circumstance that there is understand what was wrong with what they did and help ensure that issues like this don’t occur again. Obviously, this isn’t going to work for all players especially players who are on the server to specifically minge and cause issues for people, however, for the people who are already in the community or are playing on the server with the intention to become apart of the community.

Another role of a moderator or a staff member, in general, is to act as a role model for the rest of the community in how you conduct yourself not just on the server but also in places such as the Forums, team speak and in general. Showing maturity and not being egotistical to the point in which you are unable to concede when you may have been wrong is a prime example of what I think a good moderator would show when being a role model.
  • Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    I am applying for moderator because I believe that I fit the qualities that I have laid out in the previous response. Since I have joined Imperial Gaming around 1 year ago I have loved the community and the server. I wish to put my foot first when it comes to helping the server out, whether it be as a developer as I currently am or my short stint as an Event Master. With my current role on the server, I am able to see tickets and I see a large number of tickets sit there waiting to be taken whenever they aren’t basic claims such as for tools or spawning ships. A lot of the time these sits go unanswered for a noticeable amount of time.
  • What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    As stated prior I believe that I am able to bring all the qualities that I believe a moderator should have. As well as having the qualities of a good moderator I believe that my previous experience will make me a suitable candidate for becoming a moderator. I believe that experience shows that I am able to perform the duties that are required of a moderator.
  • Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    I’d first start by grabbing the information of the player that is required such as SteamID by using plogs, I’d then take the screenshots necessary from plogs such as the Disconnects and Kills, before using the ulx menu to issue the ban which would be for “MRDM x # | DC to Avoid Arrest” and then use warns menu to issue the warn which would be for the same reason.
  • Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    If I were to witness someone bullying a member of the community in-game I would pull up the person who was bullying and then sit them down and explain what was wrong assuming that it was going both ways I would sit them down together and then explain it to both of them that a toxic environment isn’t welcome on the server. If punishments are needed further than a verbal warning I would issue what is needed. All of this was assuming that both parties weren’t affiliated with myself such as being in my regiment so I am able to ensure that I have a non-biased standing. If a conflict of interest were to arise I would contact another staff member to either offer a second opinion or take the rest of the claim.
  • You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    If I saw a higher ranked staff member abuse their powers I would get the required evidence that was required such as videos, screenshots and dates. I’d then compile everything that is needed and send it to the appropriate member of management.
  • Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    If someone were to threaten to DDOS the server I’d take them into a sit and talk it out with them asking whether or not he was being serious or not. If it were an empty threat, then either a verbal warning or a formal warning would be appropriate for a punishment. If the individual were to go through with the threat then I would contact the relevant management after dealing with the ban and warn in the same way mentioned in the previous question.
  • Terms & Conditions
    Yes
  • Steam Name:
    IG Twist
Edited by Twist
Formatting
  • Upvote 3

+1 Twist's already a dev, so he's shown that he can be trusted and is mature. I've seen him a number of times handle minor issues within DT, so I can easily vouch for him in saying that he'd handle staff sits well.

• Upvote 1

+1

Answers have depth and fulfil what the question has asked

Has previous staff experience on severs that I have seen thrive in the past

I have seen him be able to view situations from a different perspective

Trusted & Liked in the community from what other people have said

Good luck man, hope you get accepted.

+1

Twist has an insane grasp on the depths and maturity needed for this role on the Server, as a Dev he has been on the 'staff' side of things for a while now and I think he would make a great fit as a Moderator.

+1
Reasons stated below:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Mature
  • Friendly (and further, he is approachable) 
  • Experienced
  • Active
  • Trustworthy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

+1

Twist has an insane grasp on the depths and maturity needed for this role on the Server, as a Dev he has been on the 'staff' side of things for a while now and I think he would make a great fit as a Moderator.

+1

Twist is a great guy, mature and active, would be a great moderator.

+1

• Knows the rules well
  • active and mature
  • Shows his dedication through developing and previous em experience  
  • I can find twist to sometimes be unapproachable and just plain rude as well as stubborn and possessing jaded views that I believe may influence moderating  
23 hours ago, Yuri said:

+1

chad

23 hours ago, Yuri said:

+1

2 hours ago, Delta said:

+1

• Knows the rules well
  • active and mature
  • Shows his dedication through developing and previous em experience  
  • I can find twist to sometimes be unapproachable and just plain rude as well as stubborn and possessing jaded views that I believe may influence moderating  

Agreed

+1 tho :)

On 11/13/2020 at 6:28 PM, wflizzi said:

+1
Reasons stated below:

• Mature
  • Friendly (and further, he is approachable) 
  • Experienced
  • Active
  • Trustworthy

+1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 6:55 PM, Yuri said:

+1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bailey locked this topic