Fire fighter regiment

The "police and medical" regiments that we have on the server are there because they are needed. I really don't see a point in something like this unless we had a fire script that randomly set fires, which is something I don't believe many people would be happy about. EVO Troopers are probably the closest thing you will ever see to "firefighters" on the server as they can set and put out fires as they have a cryothrower aswell as a flamethrower. 

3 minutes ago, SiegeMonkey said:

The "police and medical" regiments that we have on the server are there because they are needed. I really don't see a point in something like this unless we had a fire script that randomly set fires, which is something I don't believe many people would be happy about. EVO Troopers are probably the closest thing you will ever see to "firefighters" on the server as they can set and put out fires as they have a cryothrower aswell as a flamethrower. 

Evo is disbanded. A replacement is needed

also hell a fire script wouldn't even be that bad, but fires can still happen

Edited by Bluehat
2 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

A regiment like that would be a sub-regiment to medical troopers and I can't see it having anymore then 4 slots. A regiment like that wouldn't have much appeal to the greater player base ether I'd imagine.

I would be happy with this being a sub reg as this was more of an idea for just a group and not a full on reg

34 minutes ago, Bluehat said:

-Putting out fires (duh)

-HAZMAT (firefighters often work in HAZMAT scenarios)

-Any vehicle crash to put out the fire and role play removing debris maybe idk

-A flame thrower (EVO is currently dead and I feel like this could work because fire fighters very often do burn dead leaves and dry bark in the bush to prevent fires, look up back burning)

-Handle the aftermath of explosives/fires/horrible things happening or hell maybe controlled demolition

-These are basically examples as I feel this regiment could work for any non-human emergency/disaster relief

I feel like engineers could and can do everything that you've said already. If an engineer needs I'm sure they can request the Cyrothrower or whatever its called same goes for a flamethrower. Last I remember there was already a role within engineers for Star Ship Repairs and Maintenance. Engineers already repair stuff around the ship or we just dock at a repair yard.

10 minutes ago, Twist said:

I feel like engineers could and can do everything that you've said already. If an engineer needs I'm sure they can request the Cyrothrower or whatever its called same goes for a flamethrower. Last I remember there was already a role within engineers for Star Ship Repairs and Maintenance. Engineers already repair stuff around the ship or we just dock at a repair yard.

I'm not talking about repairing I'm talking about just guarding the area of the accident, trying to get survivors out etc. Not repairing, handling the situation so engineer medics or whoever can then go in.

Engineers can't get flame throwers or cyrothrowers, thats like saying "why did evo exist when engineers could just ask for a flamethrower". It's stupid to say "lol just ask for a weapon". what's the point of INQ when you can just ask for a light saber? you can't just ask for such a useful item that is not remotely related to your job.

Engineers just shouldn't put out fires or handle HAZMAT situations or handle with the aftermath of an explosion or really deal with the immediate aftermath of a disaster. thats just not what they do.

I'm also not saying that fire fighters should repair ships that are damaged. Im saying it would be a cool rp scenario for them to deal with a completely damage/exploded ship.

I think you just really misunderstood what I said. Im not saying firefighters should be able to repair, I think they should handle with survivors and debris in the event of a disaster/explosion etc

This is basically a replacement of both Evo and rescue just rolled into one as I think that could work out.

Edited by Bluehat
9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Engineers can do all of this but flamethrowers lol.

I think your missing the guarding disaster site and helping survivors get out and putting out fires bit and getting rid of debris (Idk if engineers can do that sorry) and HAZMAT

also flame throwers are a pretty big fucking part of it

24 minutes ago, Bluehat said:

also flame throwers are a pretty big fucking part of it

Flamethrowers suck, they're laggy, they cause lag, they disrupt whole fights with team damage, they are either super OP or dogshit, and you need permission to use them. People shouldn't be hyped about flamethrowers imo.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Flamethrowers suck, they're laggy, they cause lag, they disrupt whole fights with team damage, they are either super OP or dogshit, and you need permission to use them. People shouldn't be hyped about flamethrowers imo.

:(

• Bluehat changed the title to Fire fighter regiment

could have firewardens like real life workplaces.
Also could have script to put fire damage on ships after combat (THOU I imagine this would be insane for someone just using g-mod) so hanger crews or tiebay crews could have firefighters in there to extinguish fires.
But yeah without a script or random fires the role is useless.

UNLESS you flip the role on its head and make firefighters evos who fight with fire

Edited by JMAN120