Events That Last

Recently I have noticed our events are very rushed and are extremely short. I know a few servers that have fixed this issue by doing events that carry on. just an idea because I know we used to do this but I dont see it as often anymore. And these events, with a strong roleplay base, get a lot of attraction. By this I mean one day you do an introduction event where you go and make a new character that we found in the middle of Kashyyk. This person is then found out to be apart of the rebels in the second event. Then the finale you kill him off and destroy that rebel fleet along with him because they stole plans to a top secret base

• Upvote 2

Basically what I think Pandi is trying to say is that we need more multipart events, not just a single map change/single mission, but not as big as a campaign. We need more events like we used to have where we'd do several missions over several maps all within the one story arc.

• Upvote 1

Ha you said multi part events. Maybe when we get working maps with the server or maps we haven't used like a used condom on a hooker then we can do this. Cause we need new maps 100% so I'm gonna make a thread with a bunch of new maps which will lead to new ideas for event masters which isn't just kill this rebel, take down that ship them classics. #Bettereventsbetterus

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, Kingsbury said:

Ha you said multi part events. Maybe when we get working maps with the server or maps we haven't used like a used condom on a hooker then we can do this. Cause we need new maps 100% so I'm gonna make a thread with a bunch of new maps which will lead to new ideas for event masters which isn't just kill this rebel, take down that ship them classics. #Bettereventsbetterus

Good because I have a map we might be able to use. 

I feel like that having longer events is great and all but having campaigns that have multiple parts that could last 30+ each is quite time consuming for the event staff and sometimes not enjoyable for the players.

9 minutes ago, Gaben said:

I feel like that having longer events is great and all but having campaigns that have multiple parts that could last 30+ each is quite time consuming for the event staff and sometimes not enjoyable for the players.

30+ each? What do you mean by that? Sub-events?

Yes, I remember when we use to do these on the server and they were very fun. They don't have to be on the same day at all either, but I also think we should have Passive RP events that have this sort of feel.

45 minutes ago, FrenchyFries said:

Look I've wanted to do something like this for awhile and if the support is with it I'd do one but there's so much negativity that comes with long events because to people wanna do training and tryouts.

Try go for a passive RP approach.

• Upvote 1

@FrenchyFries By my post i mean if we do events with the same story line over a couple of days. So have day 1 where we go to geonosis and take down a rebel fleet because they stole intel. Day 2 we discover the rebel had the intel stored in a cave system but there is a jedi there who kidnaps the admiral. Day 3 we find the jedi and the admiral putting an end to the jedi's life and saving the admiral and collecting the intel. It doesnt all have to be on one day is what I am trying to say

@Pandi 

I agree, have one event that is split into several sections over the course of the day(s) to make a better storyline and plot. and to stop the amount of rushed last minute events that have no storyline and are just see rebels shoot rebels and fly away, if thats what your getting at then i agree entirely my friend.

Hermes

• Whitey locked this topic