Straws have 1 hole not 2!

My girlfriend and I had a fight yesterday because she told me that straws have 2 holes, I said she was dumb cause they only have one hole but she holds her point and won't move. Straws have 1 hole! Change my mind! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
7 minutes ago, Clababsos said:

Bruh, I was literally reading an article on this a few days back. 

A straw is topologically the product of a circle, which has 1 hole, and an interval, which has 0 holes. So a straw has 1 hole

Source: "Drinking Straws: How many holes? " by Kevin Knudson

I read that same article with my missus and had the exact same fight where I said there was only 1 hole but she didn't believe me haha

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

I read that same article with my missus and had the exact same fight where I said there was only 1 hole but she didn't believe me haha

man it's so simple ho what can they not see it

• Like 1

The better question is, if I put one straw inside of another straw, is it still one hole but it's deeper or is it two holes that are running into each other.

Spoiler

Surprise it's still one hole I just made it longer.  

39 minutes ago, Yuri said:

The better question is, if I put one straw inside of another straw, is it still one hole but it's deeper or is it two holes that are running into each other.

Reveal hidden contents

Surprise it's still one hole I just made it longer.  

it would be one continuous hole if it was exactly lined up, if it was a little off it would become two

11 minutes ago, Setsuna said:

UPDATE:

The misses doesn't like @Bailey and also is not happy with everyone who disagrees.

ill fucken fight her cunt