In-Game Name:
Brigade Major [CF|ACO-87] Wombat

Time Played Imperial RP:
12 Weeks 6 days 21 hours

Time Played Imperial RP Evidence:
20201025111610_1.jpg.2a9b9494bd233a75c1ae227c87cb353c.jpg

Questions

Have you had any warns (If so state them)?:
I currently have no warns on the server. I had 3 warnings from early 2017 but they have since been removed and made redundant.

Have you had any bans (If so state them)?:
I currently have no bans on the server.

Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?:
Imperial Gaming SWRP = Trial Moderator-Moderator (5 months+) (2017): I was promoted to Trial Moderator by Caboose when he was Server Manager and I ended my time in the staff team at the rank of Moderator.

Empire Gaming SWRP = Moderator-Senior Moderator (5 months+) (2018): I was promoted to Moderator by Empire Gaming’s Management team and I ended my time in their staff at the rank of Senior Moderator.

Ferocity Gaming SWRP = Server Manager/Senior Admin (2-3 months) (2018): I was promoted to Server Manager/Management by Ferocity Gaming’s Owner and I ended my time in their staff at the rank of Senior Admin.

Imperial Gaming SWRP = Trial Moderator-Administrator (12 months+) (2018-2020): I was promoted to Trial Moderator by Jman when he was Server Manager and I ended my time in the staff team at the rank of Administrator.

What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?:
I believe the purpose of the moderators on the server is to help players amongst the community with their problems that they can’t solve without staff intervention. Moderators role on the server is to moderate the server, they also provide assistance, support and aid to any and all players on the server no matter how big or small their problem is, moderators are expected to help players to the best of their ability. Moderators keep the order of the server in cheque and stop any chaos from happening and ruining other players' experience whilst they play on the server. To keep it simple the purpose of the moderators is to maintain order whilst providing a service to players in-need of assistance and/or support. I can only say this from experience over my nearly a year spent in the Imperial Gaming Moderation team and my furthermore 8 months spent in the Imperial Gaming Administration team.

Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?:
I am applying for the role of Trial Moderator on the server because I feel like since I have now completed year 12 and have graduated I can send a lot more time on the server doing what I have been doing for a long time now. That’s assisting, supporting and aiding other players to improve their experience whilst on the server and upholding the community rules and guidelines provided by Management. I am applying again for the role of Trial Moderator because being a part of the staff team taught me so many different skills and I enjoyed every little bit of my time whilst I was a part of the staff team for my year and a bit of service. It brings me great pleasure and happiness to see other players in the community thrive and enjoy their experience whilst they play on the community and I see being a Trial Moderator again will allow me the necessary tools and skills to help players in need. I want to give back to the community again like I did last year.

What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?:
I believe I can bring my readiness to handle any tasks thrown my way, patience when dealing with staff situations I may be involved in, passion in conducting my duties, my knowledge of ULX commands and respect towards players and other staff members whilst I’m in the staff team. I will use these values of mine that I have gained from past experience and over the time I have been absent to further my experience as a staff member and use it to further other players experiences whilst on the server and outside the server. I can bring my activity to the staff team as I will be available for 5 hours+ everyday due to me finishing all my school commitments and only having my part-time job as the only current commitment.

Scenario Questions

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?:
To start off with I would access the PLog’s that staff use to track certain statistics on the server and check the player death/kill section. I would then check which players have recently killed 3+ players and copy their steamid32. Depending on how many other players this individual has killed I will either warn him for both DC to avoid a staff sit and Mass RDM and/or I would pass it onto a higher up staff member to ban them for the adequate amount of time. If the player returns to the server after 30 minutes to an hour after they initial warning was handed out and I see this player I would pull them up and have a civil staff sit with the individual and explain to them why what they did was wrong and the reasoning behind the warning/ban they received.

Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?:
To begin with I would bring the member of the community who is being bullied to myself with their permission, either in TeamSpeak (ts3) or in-game. Once the member being bullied is with me I would ask them if they could provide any evidence (Screenshots or video recording) and to explain to me in detail their side of the story by asking questions such as, “What is the person bullying you saying that you consider to be disrespectful?”, “How often does this person interact with you and bully you?”, “What regiment and rank is this person?”, if it is a staff member then I’d ask “Who and what is the staff members name and rank?”. Once I have gathered enough information from the member being bullied, I would then inform the person being bullied that I will look into it straight away and return them so they can continue their roleplay experience on the server.

I would then bring the person who is doing the bullying and ask them to explain to me in detail their side of the story by asking questions such as, “Do you know why you’re here?”, “Do you know what you did that was wrong?”, “Why are you acting in a disrespectful way towards another community member?”, “What are you saying to this community member?”, “Are you bullying any other members of the community?”, “How long do you think you have you been bullying this member?”. I would then explain to the person who is doing the bullying the punishments involved with bullying other members of the community. If they lie to me about the questions and I’ll know if they’re lying because I may have the evidence provided by the member being bullied, I will explain to them why they will be receiving a warning for both lying to a staff member but also for bullying/disrespecting another member of the community. I would then explain to them that further punishments will be handed out if they were to continue bullying this member of the community.

After the person who is doing the bullying has been punished accordingly to how much they’ve been bullying the other member of the community, I would then bring the member being bullied to a staff sit either on Team Speak or in-game. Wherever and whenever they’re available and I would then explain to them that the member bullying them has been punished and if they continue bullying them to record evidence of it and alert myself or a higher up staff member for further punishment. If the issue were to persist further, I would then give them another warning and if it were to persist even more, I would look into the person who is doing the bullying to be banned for a certain period of time. If it persists further than that I would bring it up to another higher up staff member and give them all the information and evidence I got so they can deal with that person appropriately and accordingly.

If a staff member was bullying a member of the community and I was alerted, I would gather evidence from the member being bullied and compile it all into a document. I would then bring the evidence of the staff member bullying this other member to Management/Staff Manager. If it was a Management member who was bullying a member of the community I would do the same as I did for the staff member but take it to the Community Owner, that being Cecil and explain to them what has happened and what action should be taken against the member of staff bullying the other member.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?:
To begin with I would record the situation that is happening/unfolding right in front of me. If the higher-ranking staff member was still abusing, I would ask them to stop and tell them that what they’re doing is wrong. After the higher-ranking staff member has stopped, I would then contact Management and provide the evidence that I have gathered while they were abusing their powers. I would try to keep myself anonymous by asking Management to not mention me to keep me safe from any potential abuse that I may receive in-light of reporting the situation. It is up to the Management member to use the information and evidence provided to formulate the correct punishment accordingly.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:
I would act immediately by screenshotting any evidence of them threatening to DDOS the server and compile it quickly into an easy to access document I can use later on. I would then send the evidence of them threatening to DDOS to a higher-ranking staff member and if they aren’t banned already, I would pull them to the top of the ISD and ask them why they would threaten to DDOS the server even if it was for joking purposes. I would then explain to them the punishments that come with threatening to DDOS the server and how it is in direct violation of the community rules and guidelines set in place. I would then finally give them a link to the community rules and guidelines, tell them to read it and then tell them to appeal on the forums if they get banned and feel as though it was an unfair ban or worth appealing for.

Background Information:

I just want to shed some light on me if you don’t know me already. My name is Wombat or Wombatiacus, I’m a donator/ex-moderator and ex-administrator, I am in command of the military unit Comp Force under COMPNOR, my rank is currently Brigade Major (Major). I joined this server on the 4th of January 2017 and have had a few breaks in that time due to schooling situations that popped up during that almost 4-year period of time. If you see any spelling or grammar mistakes, please do inform me either in a private message or just comment it down below in your response.

Terms & Conditions:
Yes

Steam Name:
[IG] Wombatiacus

Edited by Wombatiacus
Edits & Adjustments
  • Haha 1
  • Poggers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Wombatiacus changed the title to Wombat's Moderator Application
3 minutes ago, Delta said:

+1 

• Good App
  • Very Detail and mature man 
  • Very new player
  • How do you have 12 weeks?

Agree'd, I think he's like private or something.

+1

• Like 1

+1

One of the few guys I remember from old IG, we were mods around the same time and he was pretty chill. The app is great and I think it would be awesome to see him back on the staff team. 

• Like 1

Man is a absolute legend. Did a excellent job as a Admiral when it came to creating some of the foundations for Navy as it currently stands, did a excellent job in his time as staff based on every interaction I had with him. Has a generally good attitude and understanding of what is expected from his position and maintains a fairly objective approach. Big +1 for this guy. 

• Like 1

Horrible person, never see on, worst admin and admiral....

In all honesty dude was a really good admin great app not just coppied off last one, only negative i have is activity dont c u much :(

+1 

Edited by Angus
  • Like 1

Easy +1 for this, the app is well written and has good responses, he has a lot of good relevant experience and definitely has what is needed for a moderator.

Edited by Anderson
  • Like 1

+1,

Even though most of our interactions are you yelling at me for being to close to COMPFORCE, I believe you would make a good staff member for the server!

Best of luck

- Person who died by a DT Thermal and no medic came till it was to late... :(

• Like 1

+1
Come on now, its wombat. Good to see you put in an application and it is very detailed. Wombat is very trustworthy and genuine, looking forward to seeing you as a moderator and goodluck on your application. 

20 hours ago, Greyback said:

All of the above

• Like 1