With the addition of multiple new members to the Medical Troopers, they have all bought up the same issues with our kit. The primary issues are the rate of healing as well as the defibs after the recent nerf. Now I understand why the loadout was nerfed, however, the balance changes that were applied went over the top in multiple areas. The defibs currently have a 10 second cooldown? which locks you in place while reviving allowing for event characters to target medics more than they already do, not to mention that they don't work 99% of the time as shown in a recent event where for the entire duration the medics were unable to revive anyone who had died causing them to spend 30 seconds out of the game, running back to the battle, where previously they would have been revived and back in the battle within 10-15 seconds. To reach a middle point I would ask that the defibs were returned to their original form while leaving those revived at 10-25% HP as suggested by multiple people.

The other key issue that is frequently bought up is the bacta injectors healing speed being too slow, I'm not talking about self-healing as there is already a measure in place to prevent this, but instead using the bacta injector to heal other troopers. As it stands, in order to heal someone we need to entirely remove ourselves from the fight due to the speed of healing. Furthermore, it requires us to be in one place for a significant amount of time, giving event characters another opportunity to kill us. I would ask that the bacta injector is sped up to allow medics to heal effectively.

Ultimately, as it stands the rate of healing that we have is not balanced with the chance of dying that we have when using our equipment. There are a number of good suggestions that have been made to prevent medics from reviving in a combat situation such as the suggestion of adding a 5 second revive cooldown when shot similar to the self-healing cooldown in combination with the 10-25% health on revive. I would ask that more though and effort are put into regimental changes before they make it to the server and instead of only making negative changes and that those changes made are made in a balanced way.

• Upvote 2

As it stands I believe personally that medics received the nerf to better allow for logical and proper rp to be performed, Yes in any tactical engagement, fictional or non-fictional I have no doubts in my mind that the OPFOR will target medics over any other unit in any tactical engagement. these nerfs were put in place to prevent too much combat healing and reviving, as for the logical side of it, You would revive someone when the coast is clear and or behind some level of cover and defense, Yes it could be properly rped that in those 10 seconds you are actually 'defibrillating' someone and bringing them back to life. Which then brings me onto my next point, It really made no sense in any tactical engagement for a medical trooper to run in and just automatically defib someone, these were put in place to prevent medics from charging in and potentially resurrecting 3+ troopers before dying themselves, as now you are actually forced to think logically and strategical rather than running in mindlessly with defibs,

Overall I suggest rethinking some strategical ideas for events that you and the rest of medical can do in order to properly rp and adjust to the changes set for your loadout, Personally if It was up to me I would've suggested a shield in your loadout that you were able to place down when you wished to utilise your defibrillators on a fallen solider, that way you have some level of cover when reviving.

With your bacta Injector Issues, I don't really see this as too much of a problem, ideally when someone is getting healed they should be out of a fight and not in much of a rush to be going anywhere. the bacta injector always heals on a % of health, and although it has been lowered will keep some units tactically unavailable or weakened for further strategical play in the events. 

No matter what Medics will be targeted throughout events because you guys are the sole source of healing and resurrection on the server, I genuinely think from my perspective that the changes made better help the server overall and especially the event masters as they don't need to worry too much and take too much into account about constant troopers getting back into the fight too quickly, as this has been an issue in the past, and I can speak from experience.

Hope I've been a bit insightful, If you require, I can go further in-depth if you feel I haven't been to adequate with my explanation 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 3

I have no problem with event characters targeting medics, its something that we have to deal with regularly, however, as it stands we have no defence against this even when in cover which is why I suggested raising our healing output to counteract this. As for defibs, I have already made a suggestion to deter medics from reviving while in the open (5-second timer after being shot similar to self-heal) along with other suggestions such as 2x damage to medics while holding defibs.

My main point realistically is that due to us being heavily targeted during events, we should have the ability to reduce that as much as possible instead of being locked in place for 10 seconds while reviving as even if we do this in cover it still opens a 10 second window for ECs to push and kill us thus further lowering our survivability.

I also understand the whole RP side of the argument, but in this setting when we are already so targeted I don't see the nerfs applied as fair

In essence we are glass cannons without the cannons at the moment

52 minutes ago, Banana said:

In essence we are glass cannons without the cannons at the moment

No.

In no way shape or form are the Medical Troopers meant to be considered as "glass cannons", or having any sort of "cannon" at all. Your main complaint seems to be the lack of a defensive option to stop yourself from becoming a target, but that's the point.

The Medical Troopers have the tools to achieve something that no one, not even most Event Characters, can do... Revive their teammates. That enough can break most engagements due to the sudden re-emergence of troopers that were shot down only moments ago. You're not meant to be able to hold your own as you need to rely on your allies, the same as your allies rely on you.

Instead of asking for buffs or complaining on the forums, take the time to think of new tactics. Reinforce the idea in other regiments that you need protecting. Get allies, make bonds, give other regiments the additional goal of making sure the main source of heals and revives doesn't get a blaster shot to the skull as you stand there practicing your work.

Spoiler

The best comparison I can make is the Overwatch meta from late 2017, when Mercy was reworked to have reviving as a standard ability.

I have heard many people state that this time was the worst in Overwatch's history due to the fact that fights never ended, and any satisfaction from a pick was instantly undone. One of the main issues was that, unlike Medics on this server, Mercy had a way to defend herself with her low revive time, high mobility, etc. Now imagine a standard Overwatch match against a team of 60-90 with multiple Mercy's running about, undoing any progress you make and being a general nuisance. That's how it would feel to be an Event Character going against the military during your standard event.

For the sake of fun for both parties, along with making it less of a brain-dead role, the Medical Troopers nerf helps create more RP and avoids the issue above.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 2

I haven't played in a while, so forgive me if this is slightly ignorant to the current situation.

The problem with medics is that, even when targetted, the sheer amount of health and healing you're able to apply to yourself and others in a small amount of time (especially when using the bacta nade) was absolutely insane and counter-intuitive to making the Events more fun for the rest of the regiments aboard the ship.

Now, at the moment, you are slightly underpowered, you are right, the defibs have you stand still for 5 seconds while it revives the person, this is to stop drive-by revives that bring back people with little to no risk, the 10 second recharge is to stop spam revives that unsettle the pace of the combat which is (usually) a linear fight along the ship that results in an Imperial victory.

It was stated, if you are able to develop proper skills and tactics to prevent these drive-bys and the unhealthy combat pacing and power creep by EMs to make their EC's feel like a relevant threat that aren't swept under the rug with ease due to the power of medics.

I'm sorry that your regiment feels a little underpowered at the moment, but I think it was a necessary sacrifice to prevent an unhealthy combat scenario. If you feel people are just respawning and you're unable to do your job, maybe suggest a respawn timer during events to prevent people from dying, spamming space and then running back to the combat anyway.

5 minutes ago, Blazebeard said:

In no way shape or form are the Medical Troopers meant to be considered as "glass cannons", or having any sort of "cannon" at all.

You've misunderstood what I mean by "Glass Cannon", I mean it in the way that we are easy to kill, and should be, but that we should have the ability to have productive healing (the cannon) which we currently dont have.

7 minutes ago, Blazebeard said:

Your main complaint seems to be the lack of a defensive option to stop yourself from becoming a target, but that's the point.

My main point was that we are already the main target in a group and that we shouldn't be furthering that fact by being locked in place while reviving. Instead adding something like the self-healing cooldown when shot.

8 minutes ago, Blazebeard said:

The Medical Troopers have the tools to achieve something that no one, not even most Event Characters, can do... Revive their teammates.

Currently something that we can't do effectively even behind cover due to the fact that it is broken 99% of the time as evident in an event today.

9 minutes ago, Blazebeard said:

You're not meant to be able to hold your own as you need to rely on your allies, the same as your allies rely on you.

Didn't mention this once and even stated that this isn't something that we can do due to the 10 second cooldown on self-healing, but yes I agree we should be able to rely on our allies, though not entirely practical in an event setting where ECs can tank enough shots to kill us.

12 minutes ago, Blazebeard said:

Instead of asking for buffs or complaining on the forums

Are we not allowed to discuss issues that we feel need to be dealt with on a public stage to allow insight from others?

14 minutes ago, Blazebeard said:

Reinforce the idea in other regiments that you need protecting.

Great idea in theory, won't happen when we die in 0.2 seconds even with the support of other regiments due to the ECs being able to tank enough shots to kill us.

• Agree 3
18 minutes ago, Blazebeard said:

Instead of asking for buffs or complaining on the forums, take the time to think of new tactics. Reinforce the idea in other regiments that you need protecting

Reveal hidden contents

The best comparison I can make is the Overwatch meta from late 2017, when Mercy was reworked to have reviving as a standard ability.

I have heard many people state that this time was the worst in Overwatch's history due to the fact that fights never ended, and any satisfaction from a pick was instantly undone. One of the main issues was that, unlike Medics on this server, Mercy had a way to defend herself with her low revive time, high mobility, etc. Now imagine a standard Overwatch match against a team of 60-90 with multiple Mercy's running about, undoing any progress you make and being a general nuisance. That's how it would feel to be an Event Character going against the military during your standard event.

For the sake of fun for both parties, along with making it less of a brain-dead role, the Medical Troopers nerf helps create more RP and avoids the issue above.

As an EC you always go for the medic first, and you always kill them because the nerfs. Theres no tactics thats going stop this from happening and the idea of getting other reg to protect medics is practically in place, its everyone in the area shooting the EC.

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Banana said:

You've misunderstood what I mean by "Glass Cannon", I mean it in the way that we are easy to kill, and should be, but that we should have the ability to have productive healing (the cannon) which we currently dont have.

I see, could've been explained better, but I get your point now.

3 minutes ago, Banana said:

My main point was that we are already the main target in a group and that we shouldn't be furthering that fact by being locked in place while reviving. Instead adding something like the self-healing cooldown when shot.

Whilst the standing in place when reviving is definitely annoying, its a risk you need to take in order to bring someone back from the dead. Having your work undone at the click of a button can be incredibly frustrating whilst in the middle of an active firefight. That, and I think the feeling of "oh god oh fuck please charge up defibs oh lord" would be felt by anyone who attempted first aid in the middle of a gunfight.

7 minutes ago, Banana said:

Currently something that we can't do effectively even behind cover due to the fact that it is broken 99% of the time as evident in an event today.

As I said, you need to think more on strategy. Admittedly I did not participate in the event today yet there may be factors as to why you still failed. Was your cover too close to the frontline? Was it a rushable position? How many guns were providing covering fire?

Although I wasn't there, I can already see the issue of the infamous "EC rushes in solo behind the enemy lines" possibly occurring. In that case the issue would moreso be on EC behaviour, as no one in their right mind should be rushing into a garrison of Imperials alone just to shotgun one guy in the face.

13 minutes ago, Banana said:

Didn't mention this once and even stated that this isn't something that we can do due to the 10 second cooldown on self-healing, but yes I agree we should be able to rely on our allies, though not entirely practical in an event setting where ECs can tank enough shots to kill us.

I was moreso talking about the "glass cannon" issue that we have already sorted. I'm glad we can agree that Medical Troopers should rely on their allies for defence, yet the EC issue is still a bit of a concern.

34 minutes ago, Banana said:

Are we not allowed to discuss issues that we feel need to be dealt with on a public stage to allow insight from others?

Must admit that my comment was a bit over-the-top. I've only heard about these nerfs today, so I assumed that they were only just applied and have led to immediate complaints. No one likes a nerf, but I at least want people to try adapting to the situation before taking it to the forums.

36 minutes ago, Banana said:

Great idea in theory, won't happen when we die in 0.2 seconds even with the support of other regiments due to the ECs being able to tank enough shots to kill us.

Once again I'm assuming about the one-man-rush strat that EC's constantly pull. If this is the case the situation becomes more of a "should EC's be doing this" debate rather than a "medics need to be buffed" one.

If that isn't what's going on, then I'm going to have to see what you mean by playing on the server.

Definately not procrastinating some revision for a test rn but i'll give my 2 Cents

I believe that there is two main problems with medics being easily killed in events right now.

1st of which is from a tactics POV something that has already been touched upon. I have always trained my troops to keep medics alive and have especially tried to drill it into them over the past month as there is not point in having a medic if they are just going to die. Currently I only have seen Medics protecting themselves and ST when I am there to tell them to. This in my opinion has to be drilled in by medics that you cannot save people if you are dead and that it should be a priority to keep those who can dish out essentially an infinite amount of health. Essentially treat any kind of medic as a VIP.

Secondly I have not really seen medics adjusting to the problem (Might just be me I have been on LOA and are unsure if they have started adapting better). I have seen medics trying to still use their defibs, bacta injector and bacta bombs in situations that worked before but do not really work with the current setup. 

To finish this up I'm not blaming one single area in why medics are currently struggling in events but I'd at least try doing this tactically for a bit before deciding it needs a change.

However, I would like to suggest that with defibs, similarly to the bacta injector that they only have the 6 second animation while in combat or recently taking damage and that in downtime (lets say 15-20 seconds) after taking damage the MT are able to use defibrilators similarly to how they used to be.

I believe that, like all things, these changes will take time for everybody to get used to. It’s been only what, two weeks?

Eventually, perhaps, Event Characters will begin to recognize that Medics now have a huge handicap and will target them less; however, given that their sole purpose is to prolong a combat scenario by use of revives and healing, they still pose a relevant threat.

With that being said, however, it might be worth considering reviewing your regiment’s tactics when it comes to combat scenarios. Seeing as you can no longer ‘rush in’ to do a drive-by revive or heal, it might be worth creating some extra roleplay and set up a medical FOB of sorts, where troopers can safely come to get treatment whilst there are maybe 1-2 medics actually out in the field. This way prevents the medics being over-targeted and only puts about 10% of their forces in the line of danger, whilst the remaining 90% acts as a holding position to effectively do their job of healing injured troopers.

Mind you, these are just my thoughts. I’m basing the above on realistic, past wartime scenarios where there would be ‘medical tents’ of sorts. They still had and used field medics, of course, but the brunt of their medical forces were well behind the front lines but close enough where they could still be of use. After all, in these real situations directly attacking wounded and medical personnel would be considered a war crime anyway.

Maybe, assuming if the above were to happen, new rules could be implemented for ECs to only target Medics when they were spotted on the front lines. If Medics are otherwise in a medical FOB or not actively on the field in what would be classified as a ‘combat scenario’, then ECs are not allowed to deliberately hunt them down.

Either way, it takes time to adjust to change, and these aren’t small changes. Although I would like to see some overall less targeting of Medics due to their new handicap, and some additional RP from the Medics themselves for the same reason.

The Medical Corp is perhaps one of the Top 3 RP-heavy regiments on the server. Try and remember that, and utilize it to your advantage when you enter the battlefield.

Edited by Greyback

As the current medic loadout/nerf stands I'm pretty sure it is temporary whilst a different solution is made or found. There are a few bugs in that regards but I'm sure they'll be ironed out as time goes on.

11 hours ago, Dax said:

As an EC you always go for the medic first, and you always kill them because the nerfs. Theres no tactics thats going stop this from happening and the idea of getting other reg to protect medics is practically in place, its everyone in the area shooting the EC.

If there are no tactics when it comes to events get your CO to take it to IHC. I'm sure there are plenty of regiments that feel as if they don't have much to do in events that will be glad to help you guys, if no there is no harm in asking.

Note: Nerf also creates added stress, loss of enthusiasm/interest for events, and people who think they understand, but aren’t actually experiencing it.

• Disagree 1
14 hours ago, Mongo said:

I would've suggested a shield in your loadout that you were able to place down when you wished to utilise your defibrillators on a fallen solider, that way you have some level of cover when reviving.

Shields do not solve any issues, the medic can almost always be hit. Your character peeks over the top of the shield when you are standing up (even with the slouch from the defibrillators), you might of just died to ECs. You crouch, your character becomes wider and you can be hit around the shield because like most troopers, you obviously put on pounds when you squat, you probably died to ECs. Even with the strategy of having a shield unless you are in a group of 3 medics all with shields you can't revive a trooper.

That's just my experience with shields, it's also a video game so there are a lot of flaws no matter what happens.

Overarching factor is, if you can't safely revive someone. Don't do it, because you waste time that the "dead" trooper could of spent respawning and you just put away your weapon in the middle of the event. 

TL;DR Shields are not good for long time cover against hostiles (15+ Seconds is a death sentence), don't revive someone if there are enemies nearby.

But that's just my 2 cents

2 hours ago, Twist said:

If there are no tactics when it comes to events get your CO to take it to IHC. I'm sure there are plenty of regiments that feel as if they don't have much to do in events that will be glad to help you guys, if no there is no harm in asking.

I understand this argument, however, regardless of whether we are supported by troopers all shooting at an EC, thus protecting medics they always manage to tank enough shots to be able to kill us

3 hours ago, Yuri said:

Shields do not solve any issues

I was in rescue troopers from when they first were added. They had a shield and i can confirm that they did in fact make an incredible difference

Edited by Snowy
1 hour ago, Banana said:

I understand this argument, however, regardless of whether we are supported by troopers all shooting at an EC, thus protecting medics they always manage to tank enough shots to be able to kill us

you don't join medics to never die. everyone dies at some point some more than others.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Yuri said:

Shields do not solve any issues, the medic can almost always be hit.

I was in rescue troopers from when they first were added. They had a shield and i can confirm that they did in fact make an incredible difference

• Upvote 1