STEAM_0:1:173700816
  • Steam Profile Link:
  • In Game Name:
    Koveras
  • Time Played Imperial RP:
    4 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours
  • Time Played Imperial RP Evidence
    playtime.jpg.5af49109a3fa1d0a2f1fbc8ed6769d0a.jpg
  • Have you had any warns (If so state them)?
    I have had a few warns prior to the server reset that occurred whenever it did, however upon reintegrating with the IG community I have not been warned.
    Pre-wipe warns:
    1. [Jester] RDM [29-09-2017]
    2. [Jman] Killing self to avoid arrest [23-11-2017]
    3. [Carnifex] Failrp | playing music through mic [13-01-2018]

• Have you had any bans (If so state them)?
    As above, I have never been banned from the server before or after the server reset.

• Have you been staff on any other servers or communities (If so state them)?
    : Staff/Moderator – Miscellaneous Social Media Groups/Online Communities (2017-2018)
    Moderator – Empire Gaming (2018)
    : Moderator, Advertisement Team Manager – Republic Gaming (2018-2019)
    : Staff Member – ThatMadCat Official Minecraft Server (2019)
    : Event Master – Imperial Gaming (2020)

• What do you believe is the purpose of Moderators on the server?
    I feel that being a Moderator is very much a two-way street. You need to be there for yourself as much as for other people, as the tasks involved can be pretty demanding at different times. With that said, being a Moderator isn’t just about “Moderating a Server and-or Community”. To be a Moderator shows that you know and understand the work, effort and dedication that goes into not just performing an in-game OOC role, but in also managing your own qualities and ensuring that you don’t lose yourself along the way, becoming one of the very people you endeavoured to manage.
    I guess the only thing I can say, in this instance, is to not Moderate for the sake of making one particular thing better. Moderate everything to ensure that you, too, become better. I have applied this standard to myself over the past 3 years and can proudly say that I have grown as an individual to be a mature and responsible person when it comes to handling a role such as this, and I am eager to relive my Staff experience once again.

• Why are you applying to be a Trial Moderator?
    My time as an Event Master has re-introduced me to the Staff Team as a whole, and to be truthfully honest I miss not only having the role but being a part of the team. I have found the position to be extremely satisfying and rewarding in the past; giving out help to those who need it or handing punishments to those who do wrong.
    In addition to helping the server/community be the best that it can be, I feel that this role would only continue to strengthen the connection I have with the community and allow me to give something back to the place that first began my Star Wars RP experience back in late 2017.

• What do you believe you can bring to the staff team?
    In addition to my above statements, I am a firm believer in not only doing the right thing, but also in doing what I believe to be right. With this in mind I believe I can bring a new perspective to the Staff Team as well as to different problems that might occur on the server or in Staff Chat/Teamspeak. I'd only ever treat people the same way I'd want to be treated, so I wouldn't ever abuse my power or treat anyone with disrespect or insult them; even if they might be a mingy, annoying, NITRP player.
    I’m also an incredibly empathetic person, which would make me the best individual when it comes to taking staff sits surrounding conflict as I would be able to appeal to say both sides of an argument, and come to some sort of mutual resolution.

• Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you do?
    Given the new rules regarding keeping things in character on the server, I would wait for five minutes to see if the player reconnects so that the proper RP can be done to punish the individual in-character.
    During this time, however, I would get information from the people affected by the RDM to ascertain the story behind why/how it happened, before coming to an ultimate conclusion on whether the individual in question deserves a ULX warn for Mass RDM, disconnect to avoid punishment, or both; or if it was an in-character thing and was intended to be treated as such. My method for doing this would be to acquire their Steam ID from having disconnected, and then applying said warn(s). If the user then happened to reconnect to the server, I would pull that person into a private sit and explain to them why they have been warned, and advise them not to repeat the offense.

• Someone is bullying another member of the community. What do you do?
    First off I’d like to state that I don’t feel like it’s my responsibility for how two different people view each other on/off the community. Simply put, it isn’t my business to get involved in. If somebody has a problem with somebody else, then I wouldn’t see it fit to involve myself in their affair as it's their problem and theirs alone.
    However, if it is blatant bullying and reflects badly on the community, then I will pull them both into a private sit to discuss the actions of the bully and-or ask the victim why the bully would feel the need to torment him in-game. Ultimately, I don’t really care what people talk about outside of the community unless it becomes an issue of privacy or similar (i.e. someone threatens to dox someone), but obviously I wouldn’t want the discussion to enter/keep entering OOC chat or a public environment for other people’s sakes, and for the server’s reputation. We’re all here to play Star Wars and have a good time, no one wants to see any unnecessary drama.
    Furthermore, if the bully continues to harass the victim I would likely warn them and have them leave the server/temp ban them until they cooled off and-or the dispute was resolved privately. Is the bully is also a repeat offender and continues to harass other members despite being talked to, I would likely warn them and-or ban them from the server.

• You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?
    I would record their power abuse using screen capturing software and-or ULX logs and report it to a higher Staff Member whom I would trust to handle the situation. I have Nvidea’s Shadowplay running 24/7, so it’s easy for me to capture anything and everything should it happen. (seriously, how do you think I got all the clips for my Best Of series?)

• Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?
    This is a serious threat/offense to make and can greatly impact the state of the server and its playerbase. Therefore I would grab their name & Steam ID and report them to a higher, more experienced Staff Member as I have little knowledge of how DDOS actions are performed let alone how to effectively counter them. I would not warn, kick, or interact with the player for sake of provoking them into potentially performing a DDOS attack, until a more experienced Staff Member can handle the situation and-or if the attack is proved to be a false threat.
    In the instance that the attack is proved to be false, I would apply a warn to the person(s) in question.

• Anything else you would like to add?
    I also have extensive ULX knowledge no thanks to being an Event Master and also reading ULX logs whilst on the server, as well as how to navigate !plogs. I could use a brush-up on how to warn/ban people (only if necessary), however. :P

• Terms & Conditions
    Yes
  • Steam Name:
    Greyback
Edited by Greyback
Formatting and ting :3
  • Upvote 3

image.png.05a2dd1dabb09f8d770838ac1294e6de.png                                         Denied 

Spoiler

JK +1!

image.png.460e5127f4bbe2cb497e093b896fa029.png          image.png.09f4772d1cbefac54369390e76589964.png  <<<<< Another one!         

Edited by Josh
Another Advert
  • Sad 3
  • Greyback changed the title to Greyback's Trial Moderator Application
5 hours ago, Greyback said:

I have not been warned

Might have to change that 

(Add funny you advertised line here)

+1

Great guy, was a great EM and I've never had any bad experiences with him.

Best of luck man

Edited by Shepard

Easy +1, this man is a legend. From my experience with this minge lad he has every quality needed to be a good staff member, I have never had any bad experiences with him. He also has a good amount of previous experience, I believe he would be a perfect fit for the moderation team.

Spoiler

If you get this we've come full circle and I am gonna have to get you to run a debrief for me just for old times sake

The very good experiences I've had with you on the server combined with your extremely well laid out application with a smorgasbord of details is more than enough reason to think you'd be up for this.

+1

+1 One of the best lads I have met on the server ;) Application is very detailed with all answers being very clear and answered to their full extent. Formatting is very nice and appealing to look at and grammar is spot on perfect. Greyback your an absolute gentlemen on the server who I think deserves the position.