World Mental Health Day

To start off I'd like to start of by addressing that if anyone is going through there own mental health problems I'd thoroughly suggest talking to someone you trust about it whether that be your friends, your family or even an organisation like kids helpline which will talk to people of ages up to 25 and are always happy to just listen.

Hey all just wanted to make people aware that today is world mental health day, and I wanted to address the many problem that has been facing many people over the years but has most likely been affecting people so much more in this time of stress and anxiety, and I'd like to share an important message that I was taught this year that I think everyone should try to keep in mind in a time where positive mental health has been so important.

So, I'll share this analogy with you.

When you throw a stone into a river or stream there is many ripples created. Most of these ripples will lead to nothing and will die off within seconds, but some of these ripples could keep going and grow to become massive waves or even a tsunami which can take down an entire city.
This is similar to the comments and conversations you have with people everyday most of your comments will go unnoticed and unheard but there is always the possibility that what you say will stick around and can be taken in different ways than you intended. So I'd like everyone to think before they say and act as what you do can cause unintended effects if you are not careful.

Mental health is a difficult topic for everyone and the beginning of getting yourself back on the right track is to accept that there is a problem. It doesn't make you any less of a person to admit that you have a problem and that you need help so take it while you can.  

Finally (ish), I'd like to say to all of those that are dealing with mental health problems I hope that you get the assistance you need. I'm always here if you need to talk or need someone to listen, even if you don't know me or don't think I know you I am always here for those that need it. Just pop into my TS channel if you need a chat.

I know that this year has been hard and I hope all of you can push through it with us and make it to next year. 

I'll finish this off with some links to websites to help:
https://lookafteryourmentalhealthaustralia.org.au/ 

https://kidshelpline.com.au/

https://headspace.org.au/

• Like 5
  • Upvote 12

You have received a rare updoot from me, posts like these renew my faith in this community, we're all humans at the end of the day and mental health is just as important, if not more important, than physical health.

Thank you :)

• Agree 1