Hey everyone. before I start this discussion, I need to state that this is in no way an attack or a player/regiment report against the Medical Company. This is where i have chosen to bring up a topic that seems to get swept under the rug time and time again, and that is Combat Healing.

Ever since I have rejoined the server, i have noticed the medics combat healing during events. If I can notice it, surely you all can notice it. As i am an EM and an occasional EC, Combat Healing would affect me more than others who would rather RP as their character, where they get the benefit of basically instant respawns at their death and not having to worry about their health. This usually doesn't include SUPPORT's, who don't have bacta bombs/defibs so they have to rely on their injector to slowly increase the health of someone, and end up just joining in on the gunfight.

Combat Healing is a common known rule amongst the Medical Company, but for some reason the medics do not enforce it themselves and whenever the issue is brought up, it gets swept under the rug constantly. if you don't know the definition of combat healing, it is essentially this. 'Healing yourself or others in the middle of combat.' You could compare it to a game like Call of Duty or Battlefield where you have to take cover or be out of combat for a period of time before being healed. This rule is purely in to enforce realism and fairness.

The most common argument i get from Medics is that "Its our job." Yes, your job is to medically assist troopers, in or out of battle. But thinking that it is okay to risk your life just to save someone who is wounded with no cover between them and the enemies is absurd. You can save tons of lives, why run into battle to save one when you can wait until these enemies are dealt with?

I can't even count how many events i have participated in where I have seen a medic combat heal. Today for example, my fellow EC's and I were holed up in a room for a final stand. Not only did we have close range weaponry to cause a ton of damage, we also had a stockpile of grenades which we threw constantly. Everyone pushed in and when some died right in front of me, I saw a medic who I won't name revive the person, where i had a point blank shot at them.

I can also recall several times where Medics use bacta bombs either in combat or/and in range of an enemy where they could possibly be healed. Now you can't pull the "it's our job" excuse because it isn't your job to heal the enemy, that would be treason. To combat this, staff lengthened the recharge time on the bacta bombs. Instead of doing that, why not crack down on combat healers?

Tonight, there were 3 events. Medics got placed 1st for the first 2 and 2nd for the last. This sets a bad example and clearly teaches not only medics but the whole server that this is okay. And this isn't some Private who thinks he's Rambo, these are CL2's and CL3's who would know medics better than anyone.

Anyway, I've been rambling for a bit so i'll leave it at this.

I suggest Staff and Players help crack down on this behaviour. It makes time as an EC very unenjoyable and as a CO, you feel robbed when a regiment break their own rules and get placings when you try your ass off and feel so confident that you are getting a placing. Medics should get warns, demotions or in extreme cases, kicks from the regiment for repeated instances of Combat Healing. If Combat Healing is cracked down on, then troopers will actually value their life instead of running into enemies firing and basically guaranteeing their "Death."

Swallows, Medics are a crucial regiment for the server. Some would argue that Medics are the most important Army reg apart from AHC. Please do something about this, It's a rule in medics that should be enforced. I understand you don't come on as often and don't see what happens, but I reckon alot of regular EC's can agree with me that this behaviour is annoying.

Thank you for reading and please be nice in the comments, I don't want to see any bickering.

Edited by crofty
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2

So combat healing is a bit of a of a grey area. the thing with combat healing is that i really only find it extremely explotive when you are at like 50 HP and chuck a bacta nade to heal your self ONLY. this is something i quit a doing during RP hours and this is something i enforce to to the others in my regiment. and we got placings because we actually worked really hard in that time frame. like yeah maybe the CL1s went a went a bit off and they were kicked. and people breaking fear rp has nothing to do with us like we don't control that. and the bacta bomb already has a 30 second cooldown anyways. term combat healing is heavily mis used. like if everyone is behind cover and i throw a bacta nade you will call it combat healing and for someone that worked their ass off also burned half of us life during events. we had numbers it wasn't like it was 2 of us. there was 6 of us. i legit yelled at josh 2 days ago for this

this takes 2 points of views. and alot of behind the scenes to it. if i have thrown a bacta nade with a rebel sneaking up onto our group of guys that are like 75% hp then my bad cheif

and i would like to know who said it is our job to throw a bacta bomb in the middle of a plane field to give everyone a quick 75% hp boost

and next time just message me on discord or swallows. if you have a issue with some of my MT let me know instead of making a forums thread because i am pretty sure swallows doesn't even use forums

Edited by Clover
9 minutes ago, crofty said:

Combat Healing is a common known rule amongst the Medical Company

From my time being a medic I've looked at all the medical rules and it doesn't even state it on the medical handbook nor anything else. And hasn't been enforced by our legion commander and AHC or our commander. 

26 minutes ago, crofty said:

Yes, your job is to medically assist troopers, in or out of battle. But thinking that it is okay to risk your life just to save someone who is wounded with no cover between them and the enemies is absurd

It legit our job to risk our lives to save others that is the point. Let's say this the emperor or someone important or somewhat is just a trooper we will risk our lives to save them.

27 minutes ago, crofty said:

You can save tons of lives, why run into battle to save one when you can wait until these enemies are dealt with?

The reason is legit because 

Spoiler

*THEY RESPAWN*!

28 minutes ago, crofty said:

Everyone pushed in and when some died right in front of me, I saw a medic who I won't name revive the person, where i had a point blank shot at them.

Of course your gonna push in with them because your a frontline medic which has just been ordered to push in and we pushed in and did our job to revive and heal people but with not healing the enemies. We place others over ourselves.  

46 minutes ago, crofty said:

Medics use bacta bombs either in combat or/and in range of an enemy where they could possibly be healed. Now you can't pull the "it's our job" excuse because it isn't your job to heal the enemy, that would be treason.

If we do this, it usually barely happens we either do it out of mistake and if done on purpose like saying "oh I'm gonna heal the enemy" is really bad thing to do and punishment will acquire them and will get a regiment warning and a AOS. The range on the bacta gnade is so huge sometimes it's a bit hard to tell how far to throw it in the first place.

• Thinking 1
  • Disagree 1
20 minutes ago, Clover said:

So combat healing is a bit of a of a grey area. the thing with combat healing is that i really only find it extremely explotive when you are at like 50 HP and chuck a bacta nade to heal your self ONLY. this is something i quit a doing during RP hours and this is something i enforce to to the others in my regiment. and we got placings because we actually worked really hard in that time frame. like yeah maybe the CL1s went a went a bit off and they were kicked. and people breaking fear rp has nothing to do with us like we don't control that. and the bacta bomb already has a 30 second cooldown anyways. term combat healing is heavily mis used. like if everyone is behind cover and i throw a bacta nade you will call it combat healing and for someone that worked their ass off also burned half of us life during events. we had numbers it wasn't like it was 2 of us. there was 6 of us. i legit yelled at josh 2 days ago for this

this takes 2 points of views. and alot of behind the scenes to it. if i have thrown a bacta nade with a rebel sneaking up onto our group of guys that are like 75% hp then my bad cheif

and i would like to know who said it is our job to throw a bacta bomb in the middle of a plane field to give everyone a quick 75% hp boost

and next time just message me on discord or swallows. if you have a issue with some of my MT let me know instead of making a forums thread because i am pretty sure swallows doesn't even use forums

i have tried talking about this internally and having staff deal with it, and thats why i brought it up on the forums. for the whole server to discuss this issue

Sure, combat healing is an overused term, but its a blanket term basically referring to all of your medic abilities

if you all were behind cover and i couldnt hit you, that would not be combat healing as you are not in combat. If you are using heals/defib when i can shoot you, that is combat healing as you are in combat.

No Clover, its not the CL1's who do it. As stated, its the Cl2's and CL3's who i wont name. 

Well maybe if josh continues his behaviour he should be punished.

EVO burn others because others run in our line of flames and get burnt, its why INQ get burnt the most, i literally had wardog today say 'hey mind holding off on your flamethrowers, i'm engaging. That is FINE. in the last undership we had, i was literally holding leftclick looking straight backed up in a corner cause the zombies were after me and like 3 troopers walk in the way of my flames. We are just lucky we have cyrothrowers (the fire extinguisher things)

And its not the fact that you deliberately throw bacta nades 2m from the enemy cause i never see anything deliberate like that unless its defibbing, which is easily the most overused thing regarding combat healing. its the fact that you think your not in combat but you are.

If you really want me to name someone who has combat healed in a plain field, I can name you. I vividly remember an instance where i was outside 3rd level bunks as an EC and you were infront of the notice board. there was a sec point which wasnt manned and i had a clear shot at you. when i tried to spray you down, you started running around like a headless chook in the open throwing bacta bombs at yourself.

The main thing that frustrates me is the combat reviving if you would call it that. the stims i dont care too much for as it's slow, you somewhat have stopped with the bacta nades but you medics you the defibs like its free real estate. as i stated before, i see people using the defibs literally point blank directly infront of me when i can drop them in an instant if i had a launcher or a scatter shotgun. And yes i can name people who do that but i wont.

I agree with crofty on this one, no shade to medical company but they really take advantage on the fact that there is no set rule on combat healing. It removes a lot of strategy from the server where instead  of protecting the healer, they just spam blue clouds on their feet and spam revive, making the stakes basically non existent/and "roleplay" unrealistic. There should be a rule covering this and staff need to start cracking down on behaviour like this.

On another note the main offenders of combat healing need to step up instead of blaming it on others/down right denying it. These main offenders do this regularly in most events, no matter the player count. If you play the server regularly and participate in events you know this.

Edit edit: try not to bicker back and forth/quote everything on this post like I know people will, keep it civil

Edit edit edit: shocking how they didnt listen

Edited by Hamish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 3
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Josh said:

From my time being a medic I've looked at all the medical rules and it doesn't even state it on the medical handbook nor anything else. And hasn't been enforced by our legion commander and AHC or our commander. 

ok, my bad. i was told by someone (who i cant remember) that it does state on your handbook that. If it doesn't, you should seriously add it.

It legit our job to risk our lives to save others that is the point. Let's say this the emperor or someone important or somewhat is just a trooper we will risk our lives to save them.

Theres a difference between risking your lives and being suicidal/rambo.

The reason is legit because 

Hide contents

*THEY RESPAWN*!

Yes, but going from Medbay all the way down to an undership takes time. wouldnt you want to be able to heal more people instead of dying and having to wait like a min to get back down to the same spot?

Of course your gonna push in with them because your a frontline medic which has just been ordered to push in and we pushed in and did our job to revive and heal people but with not healing the enemies. We place others over ourselves. 

as stated, Theres a difference between risking your life and being suicidal. Someone WILL aim for you because they know you're a medic, which makes it worse.

If we do this, it usually barely happens we either do it out of mistake and if done on purpose like saying "oh I'm gonna heal the enemy" is really bad thing to do and punishment will acquire them and will get a regiment warning and a AOS. The range on the bacta gnade is so huge sometimes it's a bit hard to tell how far to throw it in the first place.

if you have to question how far the range is on the bacta bomb because you dont want to heal the enemy then maybe you shouldnt use the bacta bomb until you're in the clear. use stims/injector if you're in cover. 

Edited by crofty
15 minutes ago, crofty said:

The main thing that frustrates me is the combat reviving if you would call it that. 

the reviving part is a issue on both ends to be honest. like recently i have been using my Z-2 to kind of cover me as i run across and last night i pulled it where i somehow managed to get the EC's to back off to get me time to rez josh. its kinda hard to determine if is it possible to do it without tanking like 400 damage. that would be considered rezzing mid combat.

i will try to work on that part because it is like. is there a EC going to in RP spray me down or is he looking the other way. lets say there is 2 walls that has opening in the middle. josh is dead and so is 2 other ST's i am thinking i need josh alive cuz ye know more medics the merier so lets say if i was to run by tank what 300 damage and get the rez of. combat rez so like i need to find a better way of that like maybe get a diversion or something but its people who target medics so like that wouldn't work at all

EDIT: with @Guskywalker's new spreadsheet of HP things could change to where you can't be a walking tank anyways so you can't even tank that much in first place

Edited by Clover
1 minute ago, Clover said:

the reviving part is a issue on both ends to be honest. like recently i have been using my Z-2 to kind of cover me as i run across and last night i pulled it where i somehow managed to get the EC's to back off to get me time to rez josh. its kinda hard to determine if is it possible to do it without tanking like 400 damage. that would be considered rezzing mid combat.

i will try to work on that part because it is like. is there a EC going to in RP spray me down or is he looking the other way. lets say there is 2 walls that has opening in the middle. josh is dead and so is 2 other ST's i am thinking i need josh alive cuz ye know more medics the merier so lets say if i was to run by tank what 300 damage and get the rez of. combat rez so like i need to find a better way of that like maybe get a diversion or something but its people who target medics so like that wouldn't work at all

Z-2 is a great weapon, i have no problem with that. If the EC backed off and you dont know, a quick peak around the corner or observing the others pushing and seeing if they take damage helps. As stated. If in cover and not being shot by enemies/cant be seen by enemies at the current time = not combat healing. The status of combat healing doesnt change mid-revive.  

I wouldn't target medics as an EC if they stopped combat reviving. i target them instantly because they are a threat with what they do. 

If josh is down and you are going to tank 300 dmg to revive him, thats suicidal and should be combat reviving. you should instead wait for others to push up so you are somewhat safe to revive him and others.

3 minutes ago, Clover said:

and josh is making reasons that i don't truly follow so don't get mad at me for what he is saying. i told him not to but he still did

yeah what you guys say im not holding it to all of yous, i know that some of you are different from others

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, crofty said:

If josh is down and you are going to tank 300 dmg to revive him, thats suicidal and should be combat reviving. you should instead wait for others to push up so you are somewhat safe to revive him and others.

As i said i was to tank 300 damage to rez it would be a " combat revive " in your words so i can't do it

2 minutes ago, Clover said:

the only times i chuck a bacta nade at my feet is at 10 players when me and josh are trigger happy

Well bacta nades are very useful, but should definitely only be used in out of combat scenarios as a 75% hp boost to theoretically the whole server if they are in range is OP. 

14 minutes ago, crofty said:

ok, my bad. i was told by someone (who i cant remember) that it does state on your handbook that. If it doesn't, you should seriously add it.

Really before you make a controversial forums post research about what your gonna say. Have you ever been in Medics before no, Have you used the equipment before no, Do you know what the 23rd Medical Company are supposed to do as a medic, No. You are expected to do your job and I don't think you know what our job is since you haven't been a medic before nor researched it.

• Facepalm 1

look man this goes both ways. i have had too many EC's run through 10 people and abuse the fact that they have 700 to kill me. this happens alot and whenever they run into a guy with a minigun they lose it. every single member of MT has had this happen to them multiple times.

Only thing I thoroughly despise about combat healing is when you’re and EC and you kill like 5 people alone and then all of them are instantly revived and brought to MAX HP. Should probably have defibrillators not revive people to their MHP, somewhere around 10% where if you revive someone in a combat situation the person being revived doesn’t have a fighting chance since you just revived them from certain death. Not really on the part of medics it’s just bad mechanics.

1 minute ago, Aezir said:

Only thing I thoroughly despise about combat healing is when you’re and EC and you kill like 5 people alone and then all of them are instantly revived and brought to MAX HP. Should probably have defibrillators not revive people to their MHP, somewhere around 10% where if you revive someone in a combat situation the person being revived doesn’t have a fighting chance since you just revived them from certain death. Not really on the part of medics it’s just bad mechanics.

as i said. this new health system can change this a fair bit

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

Really before you make a controversial forums post research about what your gonna say. Have you ever been in Medics before no, Have you used the equipment before no, Do you know what the 23rd Medical Company are supposed to do as a medic, No. You are expected to do your job and I don't think you know what our job is since you haven't been a medic before nor researched it.

I wanted this to be a discussion. Your really gonna resort to just digging at me for my medical experience and my knowledge of the rules? don't bother responding if you have nothing useful to say in this discussion.

• Agree 1
10 minutes ago, Clover said:

look man this goes both ways. i have had too many EC's run through 10 people and abuse the fact that they have 700 to kill me. this happens alot and whenever they run into a guy with a minigun they lose it. every single member of MT has had this happen to them multiple times.

I know it goes both ways, but as i said before. I will target someone who can revive all of the players i killed right in front of me. it makes sense. it would be dumb not to. but if combat reviving was enforced more then it wouldnt be a problem.

Just now, crofty said:

I know it goes both ways, but as i said before. I will target someone who can revive all of the players i killed right in front of me. it makes sense. it would be dumb not to. but if combat reviving was enforced more then it wouldnt be a problem.

i will ask management to see if people can be put to 25% hp when rezzed. logically when someone is brought back from a defib they aren't hyper active and ready to pick up a mini gun spray peeps down

Alright I think this is enough of back and forth between everyone, keep it civil and say what you have to say, and just keep it at that or have a discussion with that person 1 on 1.

4 minutes ago, Aezir said:

Alright I think this is enough of back and forth between everyone, keep it civil and say what you have to say, and just keep it at that or have a discussion with that person 1 on 1.

my bad, i just wanted everything to be public so that they can see both sides of the story. i dont want to take it to PM's as points might not be here for the reader to see

Spoiler

Posting it in general discussion makes no sense. I don't believe the topic has any community interest so next time you have any problems you can always contact the regiment or our commanding officer via discord. 

The term combat healing is very broad, and the definition you have given is very specific. Combat healing is one of the purposes of our regiment, to heal during combat. The topic/problem you are discussing is healing while open or healing while in line of enemy

Medical troopers are trained to heal as much as possible, therefore there will always be instances where we put our life on the line to save another. If a medical trooper has full health or is close to full health, we WILL attend a person who is one shot away from death. If there is a a dead body we WILL try our best to revive, its a simple run by, you don't even have to stop running to revive someone, therefore we are not putting our life at risk more than healing while open. Medical troopers are "The beating heart of the Empire", it's our duty to keep as many Imperials alive as possible, we would rather an injury than one less Imperial. 

Honestly, as you stated yourself, it is our job. If this concept of "combat healing" (which should actually be called healing while open) is affecting the 'roleplay' of event characters so much, then why is it not against the rules yet? Instead of coming to general discussions on the forums, you could go to management or AHC. 

Just tell your event characters and yourself to aim better, the opposing force can ALWAYS and DEFINITELY do more damage than Medical Troopers can heal.

-

I would suggest asking for this post (with a messy comment section and arguement) to be removed and come back to Medical Troopers - or even better, AHC or management, with a document against healing while open.

Changed my opinion.

Edited by Kamelieon
  • Agree 1