11 hours ago, Josh said:

The first think I would like to say is to remove Shadow in the 275th And Make it Scar a small 6 person regiment that everyone would love to be in. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Special_Commando_Advanced_Recon_trooper

2nd Regiment is to remove Storm Commandos and add something new that will be popular (Nothing against the people in the Regiment) It will be great to see a new regiment that is active.

This may not be correct information but this is as much as I know.

Spoiler

S.C.A.R / Task Force 99

Task Force 99 was apart of the server, originally as Lore characters (Kreel, Shrap, Mist etc.) but they were later removed, @Kamelieon would have more information on that stage of SCARs life. Task Force 99 then became the normal trooper regiment with 12 slots, still going by the name of "SCAR" but after a while they then died out with a number of commanding officer changes and loadout changes, then a loss of interest. (I'm not sure of why this happened).

--This is a more detailed page about S.C.A.R--

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Task_Force_99

Storm Commandos.

Storm Commandos are a popular regiment, but not to the extent they used to be, due to the nerf of most loadouts and weapons, they are also a part of the 501st Legion (VF + IC + SC) being one of the main army forces of roleplay related to Darth Vader. They are also as @Echo had stated.

12 hours ago, Echo said:

Storm Commandos is basically as popular as VF now with numbers.

Storm Commando's are also custom to the server, not being the same as the Legends or Canon of the SCs.

--This is a more detailed page about Lore/Canon Storm Commandos--

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Storm_Commando

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is so amusing to me. To see so many COMPNOR shills still shoveling this trash idea that they aren't stealing RP. COMPNOR is spoon fed the best RP on this server, you claim that its your co

Before I get into it I would just like to put a disclaimer that I'm not attempting to cause drama or anything of the sort, I'm simply asking for information. As it currently stands one of the big

Fred, Galle and Kamelieon said this Lets anger 70% of the forums What does, Navy, Compnor, Inquis(+ PT) and IG have that Army does not (DT are fine in my opinion, from my hearing they're self a

Posted Images

ok there is A LOT of people opinions put into this ( i haven't been able to read all ) but i would like to just say:
why would i join SK but why not join ISB for the exact same thing but extra RP with interrogations.
why would i join VF a frontline regiment when i can just join DT for the exact same type of thing but with heavily unbalanced weapons and way more things to do such as AWR redacted RP guarding All access. their loadout is a DLT-19D ( a sniper ) E-11D ( 50 damage per shot AR ) thermal vision, tazers, cuffs, and if you become heavy you can use pack to turn yourself into a sentry gun. like what.
Why would i join shadow when i can join CF and be a part of compnor where i can espionage, kidnap, and hit CL3 to get a tazer, cloak, cuffs, sniper, 50 damage per shot guns that go invisible when you cloak,

like why do those other regiments everything army does with more shit to do than army

• Disagree 6
  • Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, Clover said:

ok there is A LOT of people opinions put into this ( i haven't been able to read all ) but i would like to just say:
why would i join SK but why not join ISB for the exact same thing but extra RP with interrogations.

You can't make assumptions without understanding what goes on behind the scenes, so apologies if anything I have stated is wrong, please inform me. 

Spoiler

From reports I have heard, ISB has lost a fair amount of roleplay because of people having an issue with how the agents play out their roleplay. There have been many staff sits claiming it is “ForceRP” and other reasons that take it from being an in-character situation to an OOC issue where the roleplay may not be continued and the flow of the situation is lost because of the said complaints. I believe I have also seen ISB slowly dropping in numbers because of the lack of interest because of the lack of roleplay available to them now, or because of how long they have to wait for a promotion and even then they have to detailed report and all these other items are daunting for a fresh agent. Interrogations are also not something that fun. Your first few times are interesting and you can spice it up, but after a while it becomes dull and overdone.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Yuri said:

You can't make assumptions without understanding what goes on behind the scenes, so apologies if anything I have stated is wrong, please inform me. 

Hide contents

From reports I have heard, ISB has lost a fair amount of roleplay because of people having an issue with how the agents play out their roleplay. There have been many staff sits claiming it is “ForceRP” and other reasons that take it from being an in-character situation to an OOC issue where the roleplay may not be continued and the flow of the situation is lost because of the said complaints. I believe I have also seen ISB slowly dropping in numbers because of the lack of interest because of the lack of roleplay available to them now, or because of how long they have to wait for a promotion and even then they have to detailed report and all these other items are daunting for a fresh agent. Interrogations are also not something that fun. Your first few times are interesting and you can spice it up, but after a while it becomes dull and overdone.

You're right Yuri, we should cull isb because of their shit co @Auzii thoughts? :x

• Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Josh said:

because right now theres nothing really to do in storm commandos.

@Josh1. You haven’t been in Storm Commandos, so how would you know what they do.

2. All of the 501st are doing EXTREMELY well. There is literally no need to change anything about it.

3. They have a lot of people in it. They are actually very active. Doing a lot better than most regiments :eyes:

• Agree 2
  • Upvote 3

Ah yes, The Negotiator.

I would like to say that after certain discussions, issues and concerns brought to the Management team within recent times, that they are indeed looking towards bringing a more unique variety to the Army as to make it more enticing. As it stands, there are probably a lot of regiments out there wanting to be more "unique" by having new content added or updating the current content they already have.

I believe too many people feel like it's "Very easy" or imply that it is "easy" to provide new content, whether adjusting or making huge changes. Make it known that no one should be afraid of proposing ideas to Management or the Development team (not that some people already do). But bare in mind when it comes to large changes you should try to identify the Positives and Negatives from the change in comparison to what you already have. It's something you learn to understand immediately or at least should immediately understand as being a Staff Member both Event or Moderation, that you can't please everyone.

From what I've heard from Management during recent Staff Meetings, is that they are along with others who are assisting, acting upon this need for unique aspects to the Army.
Yes, new content can be good, especially focused towards the Army in this time. But think about how far development of the server has come overall. I understand that the Development team past and current have dedicated their free time to provide new content for the server.

The Imperial Army

Spoiler

As it stands currently, Theta and others within this thread have identified that there are issues in relation to Roleplay & Content. Whether they have specifically Identified these issues, is up to the reader to highlight.

At this point, I suspect some people may think "Oh, what does this guy know? He's not even apart of the military."
However, from my understanding as being a member of COMPNOR High Command, I'm very aware at times, of peoples opinions about certain subjects, such as the Army. As a High Command member myself, I can tell you that our responsibility in these positions, are to provide roleplay to those whom we oversee. However it is not our responsibility to do it in such a frequent manner that those we oversee, rely on it to find enjoyment with their regiment.

When it comes down to High Command overseeing their respective part of a branch, they must ensure that the Commanding Officers and Officers of the regiment are there to keep stability within their regiment. If anyone feels like their superiors whether Regimental Officers, Commanding Officers or Command Staff aren't doing their job, Speak to them about it, if they haven't provided a reason to why and continue to decline in their effort then bring these concerns to a necessary individual (Their superiors).

The Key Areas (Outside of New Content) that Require Focus within the Army
Army High Command & Regimental Officers
TLDR: AHC Need to be more Strict on CO's | CO's (If doing all the work), need to be more strict on their subordinates to help lift the weight.

- Upon occasion, work with an Event Master to plan and provide Roleplay, whether passive or aggressive.
I know that some members of AHC do this, but I feel as though it may not be frequent enough or that others should pickup a bit more. I'm sure that some Event Masters would gladly assist in creating roleplay for those you oversee. Ensure you don't put too much weight on them, for the roleplay you are suppose to provide.

- Be more strict on Commanding Officers whom they believe aren't pulling the necessary weight, Commanding Officers likewise to their subordinate officers.
If someone isn't performing to a standard that is required of them and doesn't have a valid reason to do so, You may need to find a replacement.

- How often are you making sure regimental officers are providing for their regiment?

- During Pass Time or Server Wide events, don't be afraid of issuing orders to the personnel under your Command. 

Rant time?

Branches & Regiments External to the Army 

Spoiler

How often must people bicker over regiments that they imply "Steal Roleplay". How tiring it is to answer complaint more than a dozen times within a couple months. Regiments having the "Same Responsibility" is not a new complaint within this community, granted suggestions are being made to go about "changing" them, but whether those suggestions are the right take is simply up to you to uncover.

Try not to see the following two paragraphs as a personal attack. It is simply my point of view which I'd like for others to understand and perhaps re-think how they word their own issues and concerns in a manner that won't shunt blame.

Firstly, do refrain from complaining about regiments who "Steal" roleplay or some elements of another regiment if you have little understanding of how different the responsibilities are of the regiment or branch you accuse of being redundant. Some points are valid, while others just seem to be far fetched. You may see this as a bias point of view, but I take the two regiments being accused of such and list what this regiment does that this does and vice versa as well as a middle area of where they are the same and how that affects the other.

If you feel as though this is the reason why the Army has a declining population, You are neither fully right or fully wrong. Indeed there are a fair amount of very good possible candidates for Commanding Positions in the Army that are in different branches, but it all falls down to the "Been there, done that.", It has been stated a few times in previous comments, I believe and definitely spoken about on the server, teamspeak or discord servers that there just seems to be a lack of a lot of things, roleplay towards the Army, Content, "Stolen Responsibilities", AHC under performing or Commanders / Regimental officers not pulling their weight.

I quote.
"Roleplay is specifically poor for the army because the leaders are not engaging/conferring with others and creating/encouraging it.
Whilst the numbers are poor due to that and the fact that everybody else has a conjoined cap that overmatches the army and with the limited player numbers doesn't help when everybody goes to those other branches
"

How many people left an Army regiment due to it being considered "Boring" or basically fell under the "Been there, done that." Kind of element?
Perhaps you wanted to "Try something New"? It can certainly feel that way if you spend a lot of time within one regiment. But to those who do switch regiments and stay there are there because that is what they enjoy or maybe the level of effort put in by Regimental Officers and above that makes it more enticing.

10 hours ago, Splonter said:

Each navy regiment already has some of the smallest amount of slots on the server

I disagree with what Splonter has said here, sure Navy doesn't have the highest slot counts on the server, but they are not in the "some of the smallest".
There are a fair amount of army regiments in the 10-15 Slot range.

Naval Branch Slots
Imperial Navy: 14
Imperial Starfighter Corps: 15
Engineers: 10

COMPNOR Branch Slots
Imperial Security Bureau: 12
Inferno Squad: 5
CompForce: 12

I would add the Inquisitorius, but I honestly have no official record to refer to.

Overall
- The Army does indeed need some attention here, but not just from a standpoint of "Content"
- You have the right to expressing issues or concerns you have identified.
- Understand the differences in relation to similarities of regiments before accusing one from taking from the other
- I'm sure if you have any suggestions or ideas, you can propose such to the Development Team, or Management (Wingza / Gusky) on the content side of things.
- Management at this time, I believe are working towards introducing new content. The Development team has been working hard to bring us new content, especially with the upcoming release of Lothal.

• Thinking 2
  • Sad 1
  • Poggers 1
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 5

I honestly don’t see a point in cutting COMPNOR regimental capacities in half, if you stop people from join a regiment such as ISB, this removes their incentive to remain on the server. The only situation this would actually be helpful is if we solve the issues above, be it roleplay issues or command issue. By doing so you can have players look at two different regiments, e.g CF and SW, and notice the difference, CF being the loyal troopers of the Emperor, eliminating and capturing anyone who might oppose him within the Empire itself, and Shadow dealing with the military aspects, be it sabotaging rebel structures or ambushing enemies by using their cloak. It is the job of the commanding officer to help provide their regiment with the RP they require. 

At the end of the day we should all be aiming to provide for all members of the server, and fixing the issues for the health of the server and not our own personal gain.

• Upvote 6
2 hours ago, Binny said:

@Josh1. You haven’t been in Storm Commandos, so how would you know what they do.

2. All of the 501st are doing EXTREMELY well. There is literally no need to change anything about it.

3. They have a lot of people in it. They are actually very active. Doing a lot better than most regiments :eyes:

Fair.

Fred, Galle and Kamelieon said this
Lets anger 70% of the forums

What does, Navy, Compnor, Inquis(+ PT) and IG have that Army does not (DT are fine in my opinion, from my hearing they're self awear of themselves and their place on the server)

Authority and power  (THIS IS NOT THE MAIN REASON, HOWEVER A MAJOR PART IN PEOPLE JOINING, LEAVING OR STAYING) (in my Opinion) 
No matter how much people deny it, the main reason for army not being as good as it should be is the fact that any of those other regiments has 4x more authority than aany one person in army could have. 
Compnor- Security Power lords
Navy- Runs the ISD and in result can exile major generals?
Inquis- Lightsaber maniacs 
IG- Haha emperor said this 

everyone wants authority, only a select amount want full fun rp, people just want the ability to step on others and say
"Yeah but"- anyone who isn't army 

Sure some people may have good intentions, but like do you really? or do you just want Power. 
mainly the people who complain 

-Lack of positions for certain regiment 
-Lack of people listening 
- Claiming to want postions because "I can expand my rp"

This does not apply to everyone not in army 
but it's what i think when someone says
"but (Regiment) is allowed to do this"
"(higher ranking) allowed (this present action)"
"and I'm (regiment)"

I'll get downvoted to the next fucking realm for this one but it's what everyone is thinking and is the reason army lacks people.
People know they can be more powerful with being not in army and allow for their ego to grow in regiments where the only way to get your authority questioned is for another CL6 or inner circle of another regiment to come along.

TLDR: 
Army bad since no Authority 
Player rather join regiment where player can boss people or get out of things they do 
1019656306_usethise.PNG.162eaf823a3c51b05cd871358a2840a1.PNG Make sure to use this if you're angry or mad, have fun replying to me guys

-Delta's honest opinion 

Edited by Delta
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 2
  • Poggers 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Upvote 9

There's far too many responses on this thread for me to quote, as I agree with a lot of them, so I'm going to ad lib them into my own reply. I therefore apologize in advance if I misconstrue or take any said responses out of context.
Additionally, I'm going to be blunt with my reply. Know that I do not mean any offense by what I say.

I've been saying it for a while that Army needs a major overhaul, but whenever I've made some sort of suggestion it kind of gets swept under the rug. I'm glad that Theta has come forward to eliciate such a constructive discussion.

Spoiler because wall of text.

Spoiler

A large portion of Army has for some time now been lacking in the RP field. A lot of this can come down to its COs, sure, and more so even its members. However, I feel like the overall focus is more distracted on treating each major military regiment collectively & mechanically rather than independently.
For example: Army regiments join the server --> Serverwide Event happens --> Training/Tryouts occur --> Army regiments hop off -- rinse, repeat.
Now don't get me wrong, there is a lot more diversity when it comes to that cycle, especially more so as of late with some of the campaigns and offship rotations that the EM team have been running. That being said, a lot of aspects of that cycle are still very much the same and still definitely exist.

So now I'll discuss the part where the regiments are treated collectively. They're Army. They're not Navy, Sith/Purge, or even ISB/CF. The latter 3 groups have a large amount of diversity with their RP because the focus in their areas are vastly different to that of a standard military.
    - Navy gets to command an ISD; Pilots get to fly starships and go pew-pew; Engineers get to fix gas leaks and et cetera.
    - Sith/Purge get to hunt down Jedi and related artifacts, relics, and go on little exlusive expeditions.
    - ISB get to interrogate people and ensure the security of the Empire; CF are essentially the military branch of ISB and do the heavy lifting, which is why the line gets blurred betwen them and Shock Troopers.

This is the major plothole with the server's overall regimental situation. I think a lot of you can agree with me when I say that there are far too many.
As of now there are at least 25 different, acquirable regiments on the server - and that's not including the Management, Inner Circle or General positions.
Out of those 25, 11 of those are Army.
The remaining 14 are either non-army (e.g. Navy), special forces (e.g. Inferno), Sith, BH, or Droids.
Additionally, if you go to add all of the available slots that each regiment possesses, it comes to nearly double of 128, which is max amount of players the server is optimized for. Somehow I don't quite see the logic here.

Which is why I now ask, as others have also done so in this thread, why join Shock Troopers when you could join something like CompForce?
Why join Storm Commandos when you could sign up for Death Troopers?
Why join Vader's Fist when you could become a Purge Trooper?

And so on, and so forth, et cetera...

My point is, there's far too many regiments on the server; a lot of which have very similar qualities. My opinion on reform then goes to look at things such as merging, removing, and-or cutting some regiments in half entirely to make them more optimized for the server's general playercount. Some opinions include, but are not limited to (and bear with me here):
    - Merge Nova Troopers into Shock Troopers or vice-versa; increase Shock Trooper capacity from 20 to 25, or Nova from 15 to 25 depending on the former (this will help compensate the then lack of either regiment, whose capacity numbers 15 and 20, respectively, and will also include Massiff slots for Shock); reduce Medical Company capacity from 15 to 12
    - Remove Imperial Commando Squad; reduce Storm Commando capacity from 15 to 8 (they're called Commandos for a reason, we don't really need a whole army of elite troopers running around)
    - Reduce all 275th Legion regiments capacity from 10 to 8 (the intention here is to make them more 'Elite' and 'Desirable', rather than just 'another Army reg')
    - Remove CompForce; reduce Death Trooper capacity from 16* to 8 (*I believe it's currently 16, correct me if I'm wrong; additionally, the lore for DT literally states that they operated in small groups. 16 DTs in one place is not really a 'small group')
    - Reduce ISC capacity from 15 to 12; reduce Navy capacity from 14 to 12
    - Reduce ISB capacity from 12 to 8 or 10
    - Reduce Imperial Guard capacity from 11 to 6 or 8; reduce Imperial Inquisitors capacity from 12 to 8; reduce Purge Troopers capacity from 14 to 10 or remove PT and merge them with Vader's Fist --> increase VF capacity from 15 to 20 to compensate
    - Keep Bounty Hunters, Droids & Massiffs as a donatable role, but allow donators to swap between them on request (similar to how the Tusken Raiders worked on Tatooine; donation role will be applicable for e.g. 1 month or PK before it must be donated for again; lower pricing as a result, or lower pricing for repeat buyers)
    - Remove IHC Administration (Personally, in my opinion, if a General needs an Administrator to help them do their job then they shouldn't be a General)

How does this change things?

1. Once you do the math, you can immediately notice that the overall regimental capacity drops from nearly double of 128, to just scraping it.
  2. Additionally, it also makes some regiments more lore-friendly and allows for some of the Army regiments to become more 'Elite', having their capacities reduced to 8 which allows for them be more unique and to work more closely as a unified squad.
    1. This in turn allows for much easier focus over each regiment and its RP capabilities, and makes them more optimized and easier to control.
  3. The 11 joinable Army regiments are now reduced to 9; Death Troopers can now work more closely with ISB as a smaller unit
  4. The lowering of most regiments' capacities to 8 makes them more desirable due to their low numbers.
  5. The overall 'Sith' & non-army presence aboard the ISD is reduced significantly, with more focus now going into the Military branches

The above doesn't necessarily fix anything, but it's a starting point. Reducing each regiment's capacity not only makes them more lore-friendly and more easily controllable, but it also reduces the 'overwhelming' aspect of having too many non-army or specialized army. In turn, it focuses more on the Military side of things as the reduced regimental numbers will force people to move to Storm Troopers for sake of not wanting to join something like Navy or ISB - especially newer players - and will make the more unique regiments such as those in the 275th Legion more desirable due to their low slot numbers.

If some sort of reform like the above were to happen, only after could you then begin to look at things such as changing some existing regiments or making them into smaller, squad-like units as others have suggested. But a base foundation needs to be set before a large chunk of action is to be taken. Chisel the stone before you carve the statue.

All in all, this is Military RP, after all. Yes, it's set in the Star Wars universe, but at its core everybody is trained in Military RP. That's literally the first thing that happens when you first join the server. Somehow we seem to be drifting further and further away from that.

TL;DR: Rather than fantasize about what could or should be, look at what is. Understand the situation as it currently stands and begin to make small shifts and changes to the foundation before you begin adding baubles and tree-toppers. It's easy to remove two regiments, add new content or revamp one's loadout, but in doing so makes it far easier to make the situation even worse or unchanged. If an overhaul or revamp were to happen, Management need to look at the existing regiments and initally make some smaller changes there. Once everything begins to take shape, then you can begin looking at such things like replacing Sky Troopers with Shore Troopers. Chisel the stone before you carve the statue.

I have a little bit more to say on this topic but I will leave it here for now.

- Greyback <3

Edited by Greyback
  • Thinking 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Upvote 1

I just lost an entire essay because the reply box didn't save it as a draft and I cbf rewriting the entire thing.

It's really easy to point fingers and place blame on other people rather than searching internally for what caused the problem.
The primary issue the army is facing stems from the lack of content and general lack of RP they have. There's also little to no variety in any regiment other than different guns or different health pools. What happened to the actual interesting regiments such as the 224th IAD or the Shore Troopers or literally any interesting regiment that has been removed? (In saying that, it's actually funny to think that the 501st is the most active legion despite mostly having standard weapons and no special equipment.) There is also a disgusting draught of roleplay on the server for the army.

But what do I know, right? I'm not army, and I've only ever been army for a month during my whole 2 years on Imperial Gaming.

As COMPNOR Director, I don't see it as wise for people to flaunt their negative views of COMPNOR to other people. You may say that COMPNOR is privileged, or that COMPNOR steals roleplay and steals players, but unfortunately saying all that just shows how stunningly ignorant most people are with what's happening on the server. ISB and CF has mostly been on life support recently. ISB has nowhere near reached full slots, nor have CF. Both regiments have shockingly been deprived of any sorts of interesting roleplay other than the usual things that they do everyday that have become chores at this point, I'm sure.

15 hours ago, SCHEFF said:

COMPNOR slots, I agree with, especially since Imperial Intelligence is now a thing (so more security agents)

Imperial Intelligence agents are not security agents. 

COMPFORCE steals roleplay for Shadow Troopers, by God how despicable. 
Surprise surprise. COMPFORCE utilise their cloak not to infiltrate enemy bases, unlike Shadow, but instead they spy and perform espionage internally within the Empire. They both have cloak, but they use their sets for two entirely different things.

ISB are given tasers, oh dear God, they're stealing roleplay from Shock Troopers.
What do you know, ISB use their tasers to apprehend suspects to investigate and question, whilst Shock Troopers use their tasers to hunt down AOSes and drag them to the brig. ISB don't hunt down AOSes, nor do they put people in the brig. Shock Troopers don't conduct internal investigations, nor do they interrogate people. Same concept as previous, they use their sets for two entirely different things.

But, honestly, take my reply with a grain of salt. I've been in COMPNOR for nearly two years, and I'm also the COMPNOR Director, so logically I'm being biased, right? 

• Sad 5
  • Agree 6
  • Upvote 1
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Delta said:

What does, Navy, Compnor, Inquis(+ PT) and IG have that Army does not (DT are fine in my opinion, from my hearing they're self awear of themselves and their place on the server)

Authority and power  (THIS IS NOT THE MAIN REASON, HOWEVER A MAJOR PART IN PEOPLE JOINING, LEAVING OR STAYING) (in my Opinion) 
No matter how much people deny it, the main reason for army not being as good as it should be is the fact that any of those other regiments has 4x more authority than aany one person in army could have. 

everyone wants authority, only a select amount want full fun rp, people just want the ability to step on others and say

Sure some people may have good intentions, but like do you really? or do you just want Power. 

"and I'm (regiment)"

I'll get downvoted to the next fucking realm for this one but it's what everyone is thinking and is the reason army lacks people.
People know they can be more powerful with being not in army and allow for their ego to grow in regiments where the only way to get your authority questioned is for another CL6 or inner circle of another regiment to come along.

TLDR: 
Player rather join regiment where player can boss people or get out of things they do 
1019656306_usethise.PNG.162eaf823a3c51b05cd871358a2840a1.PNG Make sure to use this if you're angry or mad, have fun replying to me guys

-Delta's honest opinion 

+1 couldn't have said it better myself.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Delta said:

"and I'm (regiment)"

TLDR: 

-Delta's honest opinion 

Just comparing the amount of power a CL5 would have the army is quite minimal compared being a CL5 in another branch. And by power, I mean the decisions and orders you can make and how much it affects the roleplay of those around you. This is my opinion as an ex-sith who could just say "Sith business" most of time when I needed to explain myself. Don't get me wrong, being in AHC has been cool, but there are things I miss, one of which is being able to side step some protocols that others can't so I don't have to waste time typing and explain myself instead of actually having fun and playing the game.

and since the topic has been brought up...
This is the last thing I'll say and I don't think this needs to be explained: STOP USING POWER AND AUTHORITY TO RUIN PEOPLE'S FUN. "But it's my RP" is the most often used and worst excuse ever, it doesn't excuse your behaviour in fact it makes you look even worse, stop using it. Let people enjoy their time on the server.

• Upvote 4

As someone who's part of the team responsible for making new content for the server, I'd just like to say that no amount of new stuff you throw at some of these problems will make them go away. I’ve read through about 90% of this thread, and there’s a lot going on, but I’d just like to address one very specific thing.

People seem to think that adding new regiments or new content to existing regiments is one of the be all and end all fixes. This simply isn’t the case. You can endlessly quote that the gear your regiment has is terrible, and that you have no RP and as such need new content and that's why your regiment is failing, but it’s simply wrong and can easily be demonstrated so. ST’s has to be the most underpowered, downtrodden regiment on the server, statistically likely to be the least enjoyable and least respected. It's just the default reg after all, right? Yet people in this very thread have commended it on being fantastic. The only gear you get as part of being in ST’s is an E-11 and, quite honestly, it’s a terrible weapon.

Then why is it currently so successful? Well, that’s a very good question that has a very good answer – It’s good leadership. Whenever a higher ranking member of ST Command is on, they’re giving everyone something to do. We’re going on patrols, setting up and guarding an unsecure area, even just transporting random boxes from point a to point b. The actual task itself matters less than the fact that it’s something to do that feels like a contribution to the ship. The reason that this is happening is because, fundamentally, there is someone at the top who is willing to suspend their own level of enjoyment in favour of giving others an experience that is desirable. If the most objectively weak and uninteresting regiment on the server can pull this off, there is absolutely zero excuse that another regiment can’t. It all boils down to having higher ranking members shift their perspective from “I’m here to have a fun RP experience” to “I’m here to GIVE OTHERS an enjoyable RP experience”. The Management, Staff, EM, and Dev teams can’t make this happen; It falls entirely on you as a player. RP on the server has to start somewhere, it doesn't just come out of nowhere. So why not make it start with you?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 8

Considering Kris & Henry have written essays on just about everything I wanted to cover, I’ll just sum up a few things.

One of, if not, the biggest thing I’ve witnessed spread amongst the server is ‘diversity’. Interpret it how you wish, but this is mine. People are always after something more to benefit themselves in a way to be better than those of others without considering what the reasoning behind the original choice was. Think about it like this, if every single regiment on the server had the same load out & the same base health why shouldn’t we then fold every regiment in one large ST corps? Being apart of certain regiments grant certain privileges, that’s the whole purpose of  server diversity.

There’s always going to be chatter that one regiment is taking rightful RP away from another because one has this aspect & the others got this one. My opinion, don’t see how or why this is such an issue. People insist  on changing without trying to resolve the problem, typically backfiring & then ending up back at square one. From there, it’s only a slow decline for that regiment because people chose not to talk about it & weren’t happy with the outcome.

In regards to Military, I’ve spent far too long within COMPNOR to even consider where to properly start to begin feeding RP to a large majority of the server. I reckon it just ties back into people working with others on a more frequent basis, rather than confining themselves to their regiment/legion. There’s so much potential idly waiting, it’s a matter of people reaching out & grasping it.

• Thinking 1
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 1

I am going to seek to answer all of the questions you've outlined in the post in the best way that I can interpret

-Why has Army had no significant changes over the past 8 months? Personally I believe in the past the Army has received  changes due to failing player base or momentum driving what should be the largest group on the server, In the past we had a lot of regiments floating around the server, this was to accommodate the 128 players we used to pull on a daily basis as well as give players a choice of variety among the server, as the server population decreased certain regiments began to fail with players leaving the server or regiment to join new implemented ones, causing them to be removed entirely. however regiments have also been cut back and adjusted to accommodate and account for the ever changing server size as it decreases, my best guess being due to people finally growing up and growing out of GMOD, which is an incredibly old game. Barely anyone new comes onto IG anymore and it's practically generally younger kids or older community members coming back for a nostalgia trip or to kill time.
-Why is the theoretical largest part of the player base receiving the least amount of changes and new content? This one is really easy simply management is obviously looking at making lesser regiments more interesting and dedicating more time to reworking those to attract interest into them. I doubt Management would ever remove stormtroopers. and they've always been at a good spot with how they're supposed to act on the server. However with army as a whole, many of specialist based regiments have been receiving reworks they require to get that boost up with players again in order to keep them alive and avoid further disbandment of regiments like we have in the past.
-Why have all documents proposed by AHC been denied over the past 8 months? I wouldn't have a clue, it could be a mixture of reasons. Personally I would recommend asking whomever it is you are trying to get the document approved by further reasoning as to why your document has been denied.
-Why are we so adamant about keeping the current structure/regiments in Army? Because the current structure and regiments we have generally have been around for a long time and it works as it is right now. Management have probably noted that removing regiments in the past could've been the cause of some players absence from the server as a lot of the time we've had people suggest and or complain about regiments being forcibly disbanded or removed, such as 212th. I think they might perceive it as such a large change to the server that could be devastating or have such a large and possibly negative impact on the server.
-What new content will be arising in the future? What do I look like to you? A Developer?

• Poggers 1
  • Upvote 1

Reducing caps is unfriendly to players in other timezones and hurts a regiment's ability to have multiple people in the regiment online at the same time. If anything, merge some regiments with RP overlap (like the DT/CS merge), or have them work closer together with shared responsibilities, and increase player caps so there are more people in each regiment online co-currently.

If there are more people in a regiment online to share the responsibility of creating the RP for the rest of the people online, then good officers might not experience so much burn-out.

Part of the reason ISB & associated subregiments over the years have had such consistent activity and player counts is that we're grouped together. Imagine Inferno Squad as a 5 person regiment if they were stand-alone - unless five people just happen to have perfectly the same schedule, you're going to mostly be left to fend for yourself for RP. By interacting heavily with another regiment or some sort of command/overseer regiment, it means no matter when you're online, you should have somebody else to hang with and somebody to provide RP for you / for you to provide RP for.

Elite regiments aren't elite because of their loadout or buffed stats, they are elite because the COs are motivated and the regiment is co-ordinated and active. You don't need the highest DPS or the highest health to get consistent placings in an events because your regiment stuck together and executed a plan and were visibly working together as a unit. You don't need clearances and special privileges to look like badasses to new potential recruits when they see you in a slick dual column with eight of the homies rolling down the corridor with you, to the new guys you just look like an active reg of players who are all working together. 

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Tonberry said:

lmao @ the concept of RP being 'stolen' like it's a finite resource that can't be created by any player that cares to create it

it's almost like you didn't read the reply

• Upvote 6
20 hours ago, Binny said:

- Completely Cut in half COMPNOR slots, NAVY slots, Inquisitor / Purge Slots, Death Trooper Slots. (maybe 6-7 each)

I can only speak for DT but we are comfortably sitting at 16 people in DT with 13 of us having been in the regiment for 150+ days and many of them haven't been promoted in months. If DT were to be cut by 8 or down to 6 and we were forced to kick that many people do you seriously think that they are going to join an army regiment against their will or just leave the server?

7 hours ago, Clover said:

why would i join VF a frontline regiment when i can just join DT for the exact same type of thing but with heavily unbalanced weapons and way more things to do such as AWR redacted RP guarding All access. their loadout is a DLT-19D ( a sniper ) E-11D ( 50 damage per shot AR ) thermal vision, tazers, cuffs, and if you become heavy you can use pack to turn yourself into a sentry gun. like what.

1) If you genuinely think like that I'm sorry for you.

2) Do you think that every DT heavy has turned themselves into a turret? That is a unique PAC that was created and approved by the PAC team.

• Sad 1

Hey All,

The suggestions so far have been largely productive, so lets keep it that way and prevent it from becoming a bickering mess.

Management have kept a close eye on all the responses featured here and as I mentioned, there have been some really good ideas that we can take a close look at and have already been discussing amongst us. 

Cecil

• Like 1
  • Poggers 6
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Kristofer said:

(In saying that, it's actually funny to think that the 501st is the most active legion despite mostly having standard weapons and no special equipment.)

speechless

• Haha 2
  • Poggers 1
  • Bailey locked this topic