• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is so amusing to me. To see so many COMPNOR shills still shoveling this trash idea that they aren't stealing RP. COMPNOR is spoon fed the best RP on this server, you claim that its your co

Before I get into it I would just like to put a disclaimer that I'm not attempting to cause drama or anything of the sort, I'm simply asking for information. As it currently stands one of the big

Fred, Galle and Kamelieon said this Lets anger 70% of the forums What does, Navy, Compnor, Inquis(+ PT) and IG have that Army does not (DT are fine in my opinion, from my hearing they're self a

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Theta said:

Why are we so adamant about keeping the current structure/regiments in Army?

Probably biggest question on here, I feel as though a majority of the player base doesn't enjoy the current army structure/regiments like damn every 20 minutes it's a new discussion in general chat about old regiments people want back. I assumed AHC would've had more information/control over these aspects but after actually talking to them it seems they're currently in a loop of being denied any sort of change to the branch and therefore community members are blaming them for this.

I'm not sure what group of people have deciding factor over this but I would like to and forward the question why they refuse to implement any beneficial changes to army.

ALSO TO ADD ON

I just wanna know why we want to shift away from clone regiments or not use regiments even related to clones.

Edited by Sinatra
I'm sexy
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

Even though this suggestion I'm making has nothing to do with the questions I think it will help army to be more popular. 

The first think I would like to say is to remove Shadow in the 275th And Make it Scar a small 6 person regiment that everyone would love to be in. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Special_Commando_Advanced_Recon_trooper

2nd Regiment is to remove Storm Commandos and add something new that will be popular (Nothing against the people in the Regiment) It will be great to see a new regiment that is active.

• Thinking 4
  • Disagree 4
  • Downvote 4
12 minutes ago, Josh said:

2nd Regiment is to remove Storm Commandos and add something new that will be popular

Storm Commandos is basically as popular as VF now with numbers.

Edit:

Storm commandos is one of the last scouting regiments. The only last recon regiment would be shadow and they only recently gotten a new CO so you can probably guess it's already hard enough to get members so they won't be enough members to replace them.

Edited by Echo
  • Upvote 1

Yes and no it goes up and down and I think it's time for something new storm commandos is getting old no offence 

Edited by Josh
add
  • Downvote 5

I'm just going to add my 2 cents to this conversation. Again as Theta said, don't take this to heart, these are just my opinions on why Army is failing.

-Why would you want to join Army when you could join COMPNOR, Sith or NAVY? 

We all saw from later July then all through August, a LARGE majority of the server were involved in every other branch besides Army, I think it got the point where there were literally less than 10 army on with 70 players total. I think this mainly came down to the appeal of each branch. For example, why join Shock when I could just join ISB. Or why join shadow when I could join Compforce ( I know they are different, I have had that argument before). I also think it comes down to the Commanding Officers as well, Roleplay can become stale for all players if you CO just does the same activities over and over again. It will get boring. 

With that I also think that high ranking officers should just be allowed to stay in their role for a long period of time, if he / she doesn't try to progress their regiment of shoot for higher goals, then they shouldn't be allowed to stay in this role as there is no form of progression for those lower ranks, that want what's best for their regiment. Like I have seen first hand around 2-3 commanding officers of essential regiments just go inactive recently, why should they get their commanding officer position when they literally only get on once per week? Like not only does that cuck the entire regiment over, it also fucks over the officers that get on everyday to try and make it succeed.  Another point that i would like to mention, is that the server thrives off conflict RP, whether you like it or not, conflict keeps players motivated to get online. From my personal experience, I'm very motivated to get online the next day if something huge happens previously. (Shock to Stronk hehe )

People will hate me for saying these couple changes but again this is just what I think will make the server better. 

- Remove 275th replace it with more exclusive content but more specificity more exclusive roleplay that is sustainable.  ( EVO gets boring after 5 bomb defusals) 

- I'm not sure what is happening with the Imperial Intelligence role in game, but I think it should all just slide under COMPNOR. 

- Completely Cut in half COMPNOR slots, NAVY slots, Inquisitor / Purge Slots, Death Trooper Slots. (maybe 6-7 each)

- Replace inactive commanders and bring in people that actually want change and want what's best for their regiments. 

I doubt this forums comment will actually ever be considered but that is my two cents. 

Have a great night!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 4

My opinion may be controversial but I think it all due to POWER. Why would a player who just joined the community want to join a regiment where their main purpose is only used in events whereas they could join another regiment which has unlimited control and power over a variety of areas. People in this community are sadly very power hungry and would rather control people than work with them.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 3

I don't think the issue will be solved in any way by a overhaul or re-adding the old regiments that got removed considering the lack of people to move into those newly formed regiments. There's several problems that all come together that put Army at a severe disadvantage.

Biggest problem I think is incentive and I've said this in other discussions that are related to this one and its just not there, there's no incentive to join a army regiment over what the other branches have to offer, the largest comparison being Shadow/Compforce. Army regiments should all have niche roles not taken by other regiments in other branches with the exception of scouting regiments as they can work together or anything similar. Army Regiments as a whole have lost a lot of their niches to other branches (Shadow=Compforce, Shock=All of compnor etc). A niche is what makes a regiment important and without it they're just different coloured ST's with a twist.

Another problem I've seen and this may be seen as very controversial is regiments that bring no roleplay to the majority of the server as a whole. It only makes it worse that all of these regiments are very active taking a very large portion of the server and having them give nothing to anyone else. Biggest example is imperial guard (Sorry red boys). They're a very active regiment that have 6-7 people on daily I assume(?). All of those people offer absolutely nothing to the rest of their server as their regiment doesn't include anyone else, imagine all of those people in a new army regiment? That'd make a huge difference. Other examples are CFP, Compforce, this new ''Imperial intelligence'' regiment that just added as well as the inflated slots for all of the navy regiments as well as ISB. All of them add up and all of a sudden you have a large percentage of the player base in these regiments that don't offer engaging roleplay and could be in a army regiment or another regiment that brings me roleplay to army for example.

A lot of people when they think about fixing army's population/roleplay situation is a purely army only problem. The whole server needs to be looked at as a whole and things need to be changed. 

Edited by Fredrick
  • Thinking 1
  • Agree 2
  • Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, Fredrick said:

Army Regiments as a whole have lost a lot of their niches to other branches (Shadow=Compforce, Shock=All of compnor etc)

FUCK DUDE! I was writing a whole essay and then you uploaded your reply, this exactly what I was going to say.

The concept I have mentioned so many times, especially in the questioning of the upkeep of the Army
COMPNOR PRIVILEGE IS REAL

It all just brings me back to this post, it had a load of relevant information and community input.

Edited by Kamelieon

If I'm going to be completely honest, I think that the degradation of army has been an issue for some time and while it is true that Army hasn't gotten much new content recently, it's also important to consider that in my opinion, people are sometimes failing to take initiative and create roleplay in downtime between events. While I might have missed it, and I haven't been in a real army reg for a long time, it just seems that army is less engaged. That said, there is one regiment that has been excelling in my eyes. 

As I was recently within ST's for 2 days, I can safely say that ST's are legitimately getting a fair share of RP and engagement with the server because of the efforts of STC. Storm troopers are legitimately the only regiment that I've seen regularly conducting patrols or the like. Storm Troopers are constantly kept engaged with constant training from STC or are assigned posts by STC. I don't wish to offend anyone, but I think more Officers need to take notice of how STC is doing their job and recreate it. I believe there needs to be a higher level of focus on how CO's/Officers choose to engage with their regiment and their responsibility to keep their regiment entertained during downtime between events. 

I do agree however, that certain regiment's placings within the server needs to be closely examined. Specifically Shadow, which has consistently struggled for quite a bit. People will also point to regiments like Navy or ISB and say "slots should be cut", but these regiments tend to be niche and only appeal to a few people. ISB and Navy don't suffer from the same issues, because they constantly deal with RP that happens purely because of the nature of the Regiment. ISB is a pen-pusher regiment and Navy's combat literally comes from /roll. These regiments succeed because of what the CO's/Officers and personnel make of them. Regiments like PT do well, because unlike many others they're constantly pushed to be duelling inquisitors for training throughout the day alongside their unique and interesting RP. COMPNOR does well because they have constant RP! I'm often being assigned a report as ISB while CF have a range of CHC to guard or the like. This isn't replicated in army.

DT also does well because they can be called on by anyone CL4+ as well as a variety of regiments and are a fairly hot commodity. As for Army, the collection of regiments (apart from ST's) that seem to be excelling are 501st who have managed to maintain a close knit community and have engaged in such programs as an agreement with Navy to guard the BSD at certain time's that they're called on. This is honestly something that seems to be missing from every other legion.

That said I do support a slot change for Inquisitors, ideally I'd think that it would be a good idea to make PT like RST, and make it a requirement that you would have to be recommended or picked after working your way up to CL2 to become an inquisitor. 

Also for people talking about Imperial Intelligence, the regiment has an extremely small slot size, comparable to Imperial Commandos.

Edited by yeff
  • Agree 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Fredrick said:

I don't think the issue will be solved in any way by a overhaul or re-adding the old regiments that got removed considering the lack of people to move into those newly formed regiments. There's several problems that all come together that put Army at a severe disadvantage.

Biggest problem I think is incentive and I've said this in other discussions that are related to this one and its just not there, there's no incentive to join a army regiment over what the other branches have to offer, the largest comparison being Shadow/Compforce. Army regiments should all have niche roles not taken by other regiments in other branches with the exception of scouting regiments as they can work together or anything similar. Army Regiments as a whole have lost a lot of their niches to other branches (Shadow=Compforce, Shock=All of compnor etc). A niche is what makes a regiment important and without it they're just different coloured ST's with a twist.

Another problem I've seen and this may be seen as very controversial is regiments that bring no roleplay to the majority of the server as a whole. It only makes it worse that all of these regiments are very active taking a very large portion of the server and having them give nothing to anyone else. Biggest example is imperial guard (Sorry red boys). They're a very active regiment that have 6-7 people on daily I assume(?). All of those people offer absolutely nothing to the rest of their server as their regiment doesn't include anyone else, imagine all of those people in a new army regiment? That'd make a huge difference. Other examples are CFP, Compforce, this new ''Imperial intelligence'' regiment that just added as well as the inflated slots for all of the navy regiments as well as ISB. All of them add up and all of a sudden you have a large percentage of the player base in these regiments that don't offer engaging roleplay and could be in a army regiment or another regiment that brings me roleplay to army for example.

A lot of people when they think about fixing army's population/roleplay situation is a purely army only problem. The whole server needs to be looked at as a whole and things need to be changed. 

I was doing the same thing @Kamelieon but I completely agree with what Fred said 

For me I don't see a incentive to join a army regiment unless its a new regiment or something new. Army rn its just a simple run and gun ah yes we have a under ship bang bang oh ppl over their bang bang or a npc  pew pew oh npc's are over there, then after the event army just go and do nothing other then like shock which can do Sec matters. 

So I'm going to try and make more Rp for army after for long periods where theirs no events. (After I get a decent schedule and not out all day)   

• Upvote 1

Just gonna throw in my two cents in regards to the replies. I can't say much about the main post as my experience in Army is limited/outdated.

Spoiler
39 minutes ago, Binny said:

I'm not sure what is happening with the Imperial Intelligence role in game, but I think it should all just slide under COMPNOR. 

This removes the conflict RP aspect you noted as everyone falls under the same hierachy. To have Imperial Intelligence entirely separate to the Imperial Security Bureau and rest of COMPNOR would be a brilliant cause for drama.

39 minutes ago, Binny said:

Completely Cut in half COMPNOR slots, NAVY slots, Inquisitor / Purge Slots, Death Trooper Slots. (maybe 6-7 each)

COMPNOR slots, I agree with, especially since Imperial Intelligence is now a thing (so more security agents). Cutting COMPNOR down would create an incentive to join Shock.
Call me biased but Navy slots are completely fine as they are, given we operate many critical aspects of the ship and spread our workload out to other regiments as well as internal duties.
I don't have a major opinion about Inquisitor/Purge slots but I will say it is a bit concerning to see half the tab menu consist of Inquisitorious because wtf are they meant to do with all those people.
Death Trooper slots are fine considering the fact they are an entirely separate entity alongside Imperial Intelligence; they also branch out to other regiments like Navy do. If Phase Zero no longer exists, there will be no need to cut Death Trooper slots.

36 minutes ago, Galle said:

People in this community are sadly very power hungry and would rather control people than work with them.

giphy.gif

*shifts awkwardly, knowing that this is 100% correct and (unfortunately) relatable, given my experience as a Moff*

36 minutes ago, Galle said:

Why would a player who just joined the community want to join a regiment where their main purpose is only used in events

I can see where this is coming from, but I believe the army has been simplified down to a point where practically all roles have a purpose on and off-ship. This argument would have way more standing 1.5-2 years ago than it does now. In saying that however, I feel particularly that EVO and Sky need a re-evaluation on their relevance on the server.
On a side note, we need more smaller squad regiments such as the Imperial Commandos in the 501st Legion. They provide a more rigid structure in command and roleplay in otherwise broad/large legions, like the 275th and 107th legions.

7 minutes ago, yeff said:

As I was recently within ST's for 2 days, I can safely say that ST's are legitimately getting a fair share of RP and engagement with the server because of the efforts of STC.

In regards to the above side note, branch out STC into Scout Troopers/Widow Squad for a more squad-based command system within the 81st Legion.

• Agree 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, SCHEFF said:

On a side note, we need more smaller squad regiments such as the Imperial Commandos in the 501st Legion. They provide a more rigid structure in command and roleplay in otherwise broad/large legions, like the 275th and 107th legions.

This - Having a legion like 275th comprise of small squad like regiments would be nice, having each regiment have different purposes but having the whole legion working at a complete unit similar to the 501st would be worth looking into.

1 hour ago, Binny said:

With that I also think that high ranking officers should just be allowed to stay in their role for a long period of time, if he / she doesn't try to progress their regiment of shoot for higher goals, then they shouldn't be allowed to stay in this role as there is no form of progression for those lower ranks, that want what's best for their regiment. Like I have seen first hand around 2-3 commanding officers of essential regiments just go inactive recently, why should they get their commanding officer position when they literally only get on once per week? Like not only does that cuck the entire regiment over, it also fucks over the officers that get on everyday to try and make it succeed. 

This. I've seen multiple regiments that shall not be named :eyes: have their higher ups disappear or go inactive, which is very concerning considering a lot of army regs depend on higher ups for a lot of roleplay. Without a higher up to guide recruits, they just get bored and leave. I know I probably wouldn't still be playing if my first CO wasn't active. Give the newcomers the chance to actually progress in the server and see why its so fun. Clearing out inactive people would probably increase the player count that people like to panic about too

Edited by Hamish
im sexc
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Binny said:

I'm just going to add my 2 cents to this conversation. Again as Theta said, don't take this to heart, these are just my opinions on why Army is failing.

-Why would you want to join Army when you could join COMPNOR, Sith or NAVY? 

We all saw from later July then all through August, a LARGE majority of the server were involved in every other branch besides Army, I think it got the point where there were literally less than 10 army on with 70 players total. I think this mainly came down to the appeal of each branch. For example, why join Shock when I could just join ISB. Or why join shadow when I could join Compforce ( I know they are different, I have had that argument before). I also think it comes down to the Commanding Officers as well, Roleplay can become stale for all players if you CO just does the same activities over and over again. It will get boring. 

With that I also think that high ranking officers should just be allowed to stay in their role for a long period of time, if he / she doesn't try to progress their regiment of shoot for higher goals, then they shouldn't be allowed to stay in this role as there is no form of progression for those lower ranks, that want what's best for their regiment. Like I have seen first hand around 2-3 commanding officers of essential regiments just go inactive recently, why should they get their commanding officer position when they literally only get on once per week? Like not only does that cuck the entire regiment over, it also fucks over the officers that get on everyday to try and make it succeed.  Another point that i would like to mention, is that the server thrives off conflict RP, whether you like it or not, conflict keeps players motivated to get online. From my personal experience, I'm very motivated to get online the next day if something huge happens previously. (Shock to Stronk hehe )

People will hate me for saying these couple changes but again this is just what I think will make the server better. 

- Remove 275th replace it with more exclusive content but more specificity more exclusive roleplay that is sustainable.  ( EVO gets boring after 5 bomb defusals) 

- I'm not sure what is happening with the Imperial Intelligence role in game, but I think it should all just slide under COMPNOR. 

- Completely Cut in half COMPNOR slots, NAVY slots, Inquisitor / Purge Slots, Death Trooper Slots. (maybe 6-7 each)

- Replace inactive commanders and bring in people that actually want change and want what's best for their regiments. 

I doubt this forums comment will actually ever be considered but that is my two cents. 

Have a great night!

Each navy regiment already has some of the smallest amount of slots on the server, It wouldn't make sense to then cut them in half whilst we are predominantly based on the ISD which are run, maintained & flown by navy.

Edited by Splonter
  • Like 1

I must say that it's definitely weird that we haven't had any new regiments lately. Thinking back, the only regiments I've seen added or removed recently are Army and Scout. Chimaera Squad comes to mind too but they're still living on within Deathtroopers.

With that said it's no wonder that the military has been on life support during the recent months, especially when you combine that information with the other issues stated by previous posters. Inactive leadership, overlapping roles with other departments, "stale" roleplay, etc. I do believe we need something fresh, and I'm looking forward to the changes that I know Theta has been trying to push forward for a while now.

I do agree with the people that questioned the arrival of Imperial Intelligence (I definitely wasn't expecting it either). With the current situation regarding player distribution amongst regiments and the difference between the military playerbase against other departments, I think the last thing we needed was the Imperial Security Bureau's little sister.

Like, is Imperial Intelligence cool? Yes.

Will it lead to good roleplay? Most likely.

But with the current state of the military, I feel like focus should've been put on adding towards what is meant to be the largest branch on the server rather than adding a completely new one. I ain't gonna complain though.

With my take done with, I'm just gonna go on a small rant that goes a bit off-topic:

Spoiler

It's starting to get a little frustrating whenever someone says that the Imperial Security Bureau steals jobs from Shock, or that no one would want to join their regiment because we exist.

Most of my time playing Gmod has been in some kind of leadership position within the Shock regiment, and I know very well with my experience on both sides of the coin that we are not the same. Anyone that looks at the two regiments and goes "wow, the ISB is stealing Shock's job!" has no idea how the regiments actually function.

The 62nd Shock Division are enforcers of Imperial Law and the rules placed upon the stations they're posted on. They're equipped with the tools to act as both peacekeepers and heavy infantry if required, being able to take heavy hits with their shields and blasting away with their shotguns. Any AOS's ultimately go through them, which means they play an important role in how the server operates in terms of security. To say that they're "pointless" whilst the Bureau are around is completely wrong.

The Imperial Security Bureau is both a Law Enforcement and Intelligence agency. Although we act as a security regiment, we deal with things in a more investigative nature. We don't have the offensive or defensive capabilities of the 62nd Shock Division in a hostile scenario (without a massive amount of upgrades of course) which means we have to rely on planning, paperwork and observation for our cases. We have more power in terms of security, sure, but we need to actually provide evidence and fancy reports for that to work.

In short the 62nd Shock Division are the sword and shield of security, whilst the Bureau acts as the pen. Those who despise paperwork and want some "bang for their buck" will be attracted to the men in red, and those who wish to take a more narrative and "roleplay focused" experience will find appeal in the Imperial Security Bureau.

I could talk about the topic more and include examples of how the regiments differ in their methods of security, the training applied to them, how their overall branch affects them, etc. But I'm just going to leave it as this for now.

• Upvote 5

I'll start this off by stating that I had really hoped someone like Theta would have been more involved in these decisions instead of having to come to the forums to ask. It must be so frustrating for him being the highest ranking AHC but still feeling somewhat powerless in this regard.

My whole time since returning to the server there has been nothing interesting (my opinion) in terms of army regiments. I remember back in 2018/19 there was so much more variety in the regiments and I feel like it was in a better place in general. I dont mean to offend anyone here but if you look at all the current regiments they seem so bland and uninteresting. Lets look at 275th mainly, there is so much potential there in terms of donator regiments, hell even a system like Gateway's could work where you donate for any regiment (even to add one) but you have to talk to high command and management before paying. The current 3 (shadow, sky, evo) are imo just taking up 3 slots that could be so much better utilised, I do also like the idea of them being smaller squad type regiments.

In terms of the officer/co ranks this is definitely an issue, you shouldn't be in a higher position just because you have been there for awhile. If a CO or an officer is inactive or not doing enough for their regiment they should not be in the role, a way we could go about this is regular evaluations completed by both high command and the regiments troopers. I myself have felt that the past 2 times I got into a CL 3 position was too easy, it is my opinion that we need to drastically cut down on high ranks and give the senior NCOs more power to do stuff just like real life.

This is coming from someone who has not been in an army regiment for awhile now and I don't ever see myself returning to the army especially in its current state.

Edited by Pvtanderson
  • Upvote 4

To be honest way back before the first Army swap it was fun, with my first regiment was 442nd and everyone now that I know probs miss that now, if you were to change the ranks again get the players ideas and vote and put that in and decide on what to do.

10 hours ago, Josh said:

Even though this suggestion I'm making has nothing to do with the questions I think it will help army to be more popular. 

The first think I would like to say is to remove Shadow in the 275th And Make it Scar a small 6 person regiment that everyone would love to be in. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Special_Commando_Advanced_Recon_trooper

2nd Regiment is to remove Storm Commandos and add something new that will be popular (Nothing against the people in the Regiment) It will be great to see a new regiment that is active.

10 hours ago, Echo said:

Storm Commandos is basically as popular as VF now with numbers.

Edit:

Storm commandos is one of the last scouting regiments. The only last recon regiment would be shadow and they only recently gotten a new CO so you can probably guess it's already hard enough to get members so they won't be enough members to replace them.

Even though I am currently in Storm Commandos I do think that there should be at least some change to us, but maybe not as drastically as what @Josh said. Additionally, in response to @Echo, Storm Commandos are kinda always fluctuating but the recent rise in popularity is almost all due to our regiment recently just being very motivated to appeal to people, so we've worked hard on bringing people into our regiment as well as keeping them interested in it after their initial induction (I just wanna give a lot of credit to Pechudo btw because he has been at the forefront of this rising in SC). 

Now just some of my own small points:

- Iroh and I have recently wanted to change more in Storm Commandos, but that may take some time due to current restraints

- In relation more to the original post, I think more communities within the Army such as the 501ST should be created because it is great to have a group of people all looking out for each other even if they each represent different regiments (I know that some do exist, but I just haven't really heard of them or that's just me being ignorant)

- I also agree with @Phobia @Kamelieon and @Fredrick, I think regiments should maintain their own unique niches rather than others taking them as well

Note: I know i'm kinda relatively new to the server, but I just wanted to contribute to this post in some way :)

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Josh said:

Storm Commandos are very active... I have seen a majority if not all of them on everyday since being attatched to the 501st.

11 hours ago, Josh said:

Yes and no it goes up and down and I think it's time for something new storm commandos is getting old no offence 

Are you a Storm Commando? You wouldn't know if it was getting old or not unless you were active in the regiment doing their work and their jobs. And by the fact that they are continuously active, I think that if it was getting old, there would be a very different story there. Pechudo, Pro, Mouse and Lime are doing a great job with the 501st and no drastic changes need to be made to them, sure maybe some small ones here and there to stop fluxuations but removing them would remove one of the last remaining recon regiments.

Edited by Setsuna
  • Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Theta said:

-Why have all documents proposed by AHC been denied over the past 8 months?

I Feel like in general with people wanting to change the server with there ideas and creativity and attempt to revive something that is dead they mostly get shutdown for Example not to name any names, While I was in SW If some of you are aware I Tried to get CF and SW to Merge and since that didn't work I tried to get a 5 man REG of ARC Troopers back, Everything was going very well in the sense of IHC Signing Documents alongside multiple Conversations with IHC and in the end when it was time to go to management I was told everything was fine and nothing needed to be changed it was  a big upset in my eyes due to the fact these regiments that are no longer relevant are just going to waste such as SW, Whats the point of SW if there is another regiment with better load outs and overall RP you may as well go to them. Im sorry for my use of SW but They are in my eyes useless but beforehand SW were very popular but ever since CF came into play it has become a dead regiment and that is also backed up by the Several Commanders SW has had in the past 8 months due to the fact no one can bring it back, and when we bring up these ideas and it's time to go Management They aren't to pleased with that idea and they don't quite see the issue with it at least when myself and others have gone to them, And its really sad to see that we could have new regiments or even old that are special to themselves come back in and do well instead of having 1-2 Dead Regiments that are both suffering due to the fact they have the same role and that's a big divider as people had said before me in this post there's just too many regiments that have the same roles and in the end One of them will suffer while the other blossoms, The Old ways of army I enjoyed a lot more but that could just be me IDK but I think Army is the lifeline of any SWRP Server and it needs to be the blood of Imperial Once more.

Edited by Kippy
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, Pvtanderson said:

I'll start this off by stating that I had really hoped someone like Theta would have been more involved in these decisions instead of having to come to the forums to ask. It must be so frustrating for him being the highest ranking AHC but still feeling somewhat powerless in this regard.

My whole time since returning to the server there has been nothing interesting (my opinion) in terms of army regiments. I remember back in 2018/19 there was so much more variety in the regiments and I feel like it was in a better place in general. I dont mean to offend anyone here but if you look at all the current regiments they seem so bland and uninteresting. Lets look at 275th mainly, there is so much potential there in terms of donator regiments, hell even a system like Gateway's could work where you donate for any regiment (even to add one) but you have to talk to high command and management before paying. The current 3 (shadow, sky, evo) are imo just taking up 3 slots that could be so much better utilised, I do also like the idea of them being smaller squad type regiments.

In terms of the officer/co ranks this is definitely an issue, you shouldn't be in a higher position just because you have been there for awhile. If a CO or an officer is inactive or not doing enough for their regiment they should not be in the role, a way we could go about this is regular evaluations completed by both high command and the regiments troopers. I myself have felt that the past 2 times I got into a CL 3 position was too easy, it is my opinion that we need to drastically cut down on high ranks and give the senior NCOs more power to do stuff just like real life.

This is coming from someone who has not been in an army regiment for awhile now and I don't ever see myself returning to the army especially in its current state.

My two cents, literally everything said here is what I would have said. Since returning to the server (granted I was never an army boi, pencil pushing was always for me) the only real appeal to army for me was the fact that I could run around with Gusky like in the old days. Once I was given the opportunity from Cracked to join IHCA with him I took it because the army just wasn't giving me much of a reason to stay, nothing was new and it kinda felt like I had come back to the server and there was even less to attract me this time. 

The Idea of squad type regiments would be great, it could definitley aid in pushing people out of overly crowded regiments that could easily function as a smaller unit, and into other regiments that could use the numbers. 

14 hours ago, yeff said:

As I was recently within ST's for 2 days, I can safely say that ST's are legitimately getting a fair share of RP and engagement with the server because of the efforts of STC. Storm troopers are legitimately the only regiment that I've been regularly conducting patrols or the like. Storm Troopers are constantly kept engaged with constant training from STC or are assigned posts by STC. I don't wish to offend anyone, but I think more Officers need to take notice of how STC is doing their job and recreate it. I believe there need to be a higher level of focus on how CO's/Officers choose to engage with their regiment and their responsibility to keep their regiment entertained during downtime between events. 

I couldn't agree with this more, since I left STs I have seen Joel and Jugger really step up. They really find ways to keep their men entertained regardless of whether or not those men are going to stay or leave. I think that other COs could definitley pick up some stuff from them.

Edited by Setsuna
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, Setsuna said:

but removing them would remove one of the last remaining recon regiments.

Maybe I was wrong but these are all just ideas. But the first thing I would like to say storm commandos is a 15 slot Regiment and They don't have many people in it probably because it needs more RP and New flow of New stuff to excite people. I know you got a new sniper and that's great but I think we need something new in regiments to make it more interesting because right now theres nothing really to do in storm commandos. ( Just my opinion ) 

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

11 hours ago, Phobia said:

Army rn its just a simple run and gun ah yes we have a under ship bang bang oh ppl over their bang bang or a npc  pew pew oh npc's are over there, then after the event army just go and do nothing other then like shock which can do Sec matters. 

Edited by Josh
add
  • Thinking 2
  • Bailey locked this topic